Ocean Waves and Cyberjam

phaedra1974
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Ocean Waves and Cyberjam

Post by phaedra1974 »

Got the two compilations "Ocean waves collection" and "Cyberjam collection" yesterday and was very shocked when I saw the booklet...

Why is there written that all tracks are composed and played by Edgar Froese alone (only two tracks on Cyberjam are written with other members?)

I think that´s not the truth. Tracks as "Hamlet", "Sad Merlins Sunday", "United Goblins Parade" and many more are not played by Edgar Froese alone!!!

I thinks it´s very unfair against the other members that were also involved in the composition and the playing of the pieces. What do you think?
ant

Post by ant »

:D Most of these tracks seem to me to be new versions and I think they mean that all these tracks on these two releases are performed by Edgar alone. I do not believe they are saying that the originals were just Edgar, IMHO. :D
Biggus Dickus
JD

Post by JD »

does it say played by or composed by ? these might well be Edgars compositions.

Oh ignore me ...i just re-read it ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
hansx

Post by hansx »

In other words. Dream Mix 5 and 6 or Tangerine Dream plays Tangerine Dream vol.2 and 3 :D :(
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Main thing: great sound, great music.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I think that all the older TD compositions presented here have always been Edgar Froese compositions. In the cases of "Hamlet", "Sad Merlins Sunday" and "United Goblins Parade" I'd suspect that they were composed by Edgar although they were credited to Edgar and Jerome on the original releases.

On the original "Rockoon", "Turn Of The Tides", "Tyranny Of Beauty" and "Goblins Club" CDs the booklets credited some tracks to "Edgar Froese / Jerome Froese", others to "Jerome Froese / Edgar Froese". As we now know that about half the compositions on these albums were composed (mostly or completely) by Jerome (see the Moonpop list), it's only logical that the other half must have been composed by Edgar alone although both of them were ALWAYS listed as composers. I think it makes sense. :wink:

In the next years I expect new TD compilations on Moonpop only with tracks Jerome composed while being part of TD.
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

But are the tracks played by Edgar alone?

In the booklet of "Goblins club" there are mentioned a lot of musicians and "Hamlet" and "Sundance kid" were played by E.Froese/J.Froese/L.Spa and Z.Perica.
JD

Post by JD »

phaedra1974 wrote:But are the tracks played by Edgar alone?

In the booklet of "Goblins club" there are mentioned a lot of musicians and "Hamlet" and "Sundance kid" were played by E.Froese/J.Froese/L.Spa and Z.Perica.
like the Vienna Boys Choir etc etc ? they weren't real musicians, probably the origin of the keyboard presets which Edgar decided was the same thing in theory.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Good point. I haven't thought about that. Does the booklet state the tracks in question were played by Edgar? :?: I can't say as I don't own these CDs.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

OWC:

"ALL TITLES COMPOSED AND PERFORMED BY EDGAR FROESE"

CYBERJAM COLLECTION:

"all titles composed and performed by Edgar Froese
* (Exit) by E.Froese/J.Schmoelling/C.Franke
** (Elf June ...) by E.Froese/Linda Spa"

... all in all it's TD music. IMO for enjoying music the authorship is not particularly important.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

These two discs are great. Nice reworkings and the sound quality is top notch.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

sparrow wrote:These two discs are great. Nice reworkings and the sound quality is top notch.
I got Ocean Waves and the sound quality is impressive.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

More compilations please, they make TD fans happy ;) (I'm not being 100% ironic here, as I downloaded two of them today)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am not a fan of compilations as a rule especially in this day and age where I can easily make my own to a 100% my liking on my ipod, its quick and easy and dont cost anything.

However I loved how the cover to Ocean Waves Collection looks and Hamlet and BackStreet Hero being two of my alltime fave TD tracks I had to invest.

I am very happy with it, cant say anything negative really. Hamlet is an awesome track....any chance for a play in Frankfurt Please Mr Edgar along with Love On A real Train.......nice!!!!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Just another thing I wish Eastgate would accept card payments without paypal. I hate paypal, I used to have an account but clsoed it down. If I want anything from eastgate I have to ask my sisters boyfriend and its very annoying.

Any chance of changing it just for me???? thought not :wink: