Inferno on DVD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Inferno on DVD

Post by 24db »

I'm not sure whether I should start this thread over on the performances section or here....either way I'd like to add a few comments on TD's new Inferno DVD. Ive got to admit I've never been a fan of this recording (the CD I mean), however on DVD it's a completely different matter, and I'm getting far more from the whole thing.

I'd also like to single out Edgar's interview to camera (filmed during a snow storm...nice touch! :)) where he explains some of the ethos behind Dante's work (with added help of three snowballs), anyway it adds a nice 'quiet' and slightly eerie edge to the whole DVD IMHO, plus it also adds a human touch that's been lacking from TD presentation sometimes.

Great stuff, and it was also good to see (I'm guessing) TD's Berlin studio's garden...complete with ornamental eggs (very Dali like).

Keep up the hard work lads, I really like both DVDs and I'm looking forward to more to come. One thing though, can we have more interviews and behind the scenes stuff? :)

cheers

andy
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I agree, the DVD adds so much more to the feel of the work. A group of friends arrived last night as I was playing this and, as they are not TD fans (shame!), I went to switch it off but they liked it and asked me to leave it on. All of them enjoyed it to my great suprise as a couple of them had heard the CD and weren't all that enthusiastic. There's hope yet!! Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the 5.1 sound gave it far more depth which, again, enhanced the overall feel of the piece.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Which sounds closer to the live performance, sterio or 5.1?
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

I suppose it would depend a lot on the equipment you play it on but, for me, the 5.1 has it although I must say that it is a very good stereo cut as well.
Taximan431

inferno DVD

Post by Taximan431 »

Hi all ,
Finally The DVD has arrived. I seen this uncut version of This dvd in Edgars & Bianca's gallery in Berlin in January of 2005. I like what i had seen then & was very pleased with the way in which it was protrayed then . Now I see it in a finished state. this is an excellent DVD & well worth the wait. I espically like The artistic approach is excellent. There is a lot of movement in the concert with regard to views of the concert & the visuals passing over the concert scenes. Also what I like is that little interviews with Edgar ,Jerome Bianca & other vocalists involved. The story of Dante's inferno is carried across in musical detail & using the words of Dante TD have put together a work of art. anyone who views this DVD of the German show will be very impressed with the diverse muscial ability of TD with regard to moving from Synth Rock to a more classical approach to their music.

buy it & enjoy......

Geoff (taximan431) :D 8) :!:
Lonely Cowboy

Re: inferno DVD

Post by Lonely Cowboy »

I do absolutely agree. Inferno is a great work and worth the waiting!

Taximan431 wrote:Hi all ,
Finally The DVD has arrived. I seen this uncut version of This dvd in Edgars & Bianca's gallery in Berlin in January of 2005. I like what i had seen then & was very pleased with the way in which it was protrayed then . Now I see it in a finished state. this is an excellent DVD & well worth the wait. I espically like The artistic approach is excellent. There is a lot of movement in the concert with regard to views of the concert & the visuals passing over the concert scenes. Also what I like is that little interviews with Edgar ,Jerome Bianca & other vocalists involved. The story of Dante's inferno is carried across in musical detail & using the words of Dante TD have put together a work of art. anyone who views this DVD of the German show will be very impressed with the diverse muscial ability of TD with regard to moving from Synth Rock to a more classical approach to their music.

buy it & enjoy......

Geoff (taximan431) :D 8) :!:
:D :D

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
[/url]
Taximan431

Inferno DVD

Post by Taximan431 »

I like the bonus material contained on this DVD. We see the members of TD as never before. A little closer to know them on a more personal level. It also lets us see how intense the work that the crew put into composing the material for this.

On a classical note what next for TD now the dante circle has been closed :?:

Geoff :D 8) :) :!:
24db

Re: Inferno DVD

Post by 24db »

Taximan431 wrote:I like the bonus material contained on this DVD. We see the members of TD as never before. A little closer to know them on a more personal level. It also lets us see how intense the work that the crew put into composing the material for this.

On a classical note what next for TD now the dante circle has been closed :?:

Geoff :D 8) :) :!:
I totally agree Geoff, it's an element that's been missing from TD, although obviously (speaking personally) we don't need to know about TD's day to day lives as people, but as a window into the compositional thought process is always very interesting.

andy
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

It has not arrived yet but i'll be patience because i've waited for this one from 2002 till now. But thanks for releasing it.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

tangmaster wrote:It has not arrived yet but i'll be patience because i've waited for this one from 2002 till now. But thanks for releasing it.
I'm going to be patient aswell.... It is awesome that TD are releasing lots of DVDs at last.... :D
tuftuf

Post by tuftuf »

Am getting my copy in the postoffice tomorrow, wasn't home when the parcel arrived so am very trilled, but as far as I can read it must be worth it, so will let you know in due time !
music is part of my life, without music life would be senseless
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Watched this from end to end yesterday and really loved it. I haven't listened to the CD for a while so I'd forgotten how good the music is, especially the last third where it really takes off. The visuals are stunning and the bonus material very interesting.

I don't know, you wait around for thirty years for a decent live TD video and two come along together. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Watched this from end to end yesterday and really loved it. I haven't listened to the CD for a while so I'd forgotten how good the music is, especially the last third where it really takes off. The visuals are stunning and the bonus material very interesting.

I don't know, you wait around for thirty years for a decent live TD video and two come along together. :wink:
Totally agree Chris
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Desert_Voyager wrote:Which sounds closer to the live performance, sterio or 5.1?
The 5.1 and that's for sure, i've seen this show live i 2002 and that was very good with one of the most impressive stages TD used ever.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
batman

Post by batman »

I wait to arrive.............
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754