Do you still listen to all eras of TD music?

genesis1964
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by genesis1964 »

With there being so many good releases over the last few years I find myself listening to these and very rarely listening to lets say the music of the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I still play Cyclone a lot (my fave), but I think I have only played a couple from the 70's and 80's in the last couple of months.

What about you? Just curious :D
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Yeah... i still listen to many of the older albums from the 70's.

This year i started buying them on vinyl as they were originally released (well before my time) and realised just how poor the Virgin re-issues on CD were compared to the original vinyl ones.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
24db

Post by 24db »

mostly new...the old stuff doesn't need to be played so much as it's part of my DNA by now. Plus I'm not one for looking back at some 'golden age'
genesis1964

Post by genesis1964 »

Schulze wrote:Yeah... i still listen to many of the older albums from the 70's.

This year i started buying them on vinyl as they were originally released (well before my time) and realised just how poor the Virgin re-issues on CD were compared to the original vinyl ones.... :wink:
There can be something special about listening to music the way it was made (such as on vinyl). Music can often sound so different before being digitized
genesis1964

Post by genesis1964 »

24db wrote:mostly new...the old stuff doesn't need to be played so much as it's part of my DNA by now. Plus I'm not one for looking back at some 'golden age'
TD DNA - a great thought :)

I find the music from 70's is so much different from now. I love the music they are making at the moment and can't believe EF can come out with such masterpieces after making so many albums. Shows a true genius :D

Still love all eras but am concentrating on the newer releases.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I play the 70s stuff very rarely. the 80s there is probably maybe 5 or 6 personal faves that I might play a couple of times a year probably the same for the 90s stuff.

I prefer to listen to new stuff. Looking back on music can sometimes bring back memories of that time and for me it wasn`t all great(in a personal sense). so onwards and upwards for me with current TD 8)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Jean d'Arc is the only "new" album I have so it's the old stuff I listen to. I like it a lot. I love the old feel. I am just beginning to collect the new albums so we'll see what I listen to one year from now...
timer

Post by timer »

I still listen to all era's - I find that listening to the new material makes me re visit the plder material a lot more these days.

With so many 'classics' in TD's history it's difficult for me to ignore any era ! 8)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

All areas, except I only rarely listen to TD music from between 1992 - 1999.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Yes, I listen to all Era`s and every track! Took me a month to play the whole catalogue! :-)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The only era I tend to leave on the shelf is the Pink years. I usually listen to the new stuff most but the 70's , 80's & dread 90's all get a listen now and again.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Interesing question - ooh yes - every age
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

yes indeed I do I still tend to go more into the earlier stuff rather than the recent years but yes give all eras a earful....

Geoff (ElectroCelt) :D :) 8) :wink: :!: :idea:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

All era's - all the time :P
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:All era's - all the time :P
Same here Stein 8)