Camel?????

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Camel?????

Post by sparrow »

There was a new thread with this topic. Dissapeared into thin air. So yup they are one of THE best British prog bands. Faves are ..Mirage, Snowgoose, Moonmadness.
epsilon75

Re: Camel?????

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:There was a new thread with this topic. Dissapeared into thin air. So yup they are one of THE best British prog bands. Faves are ..Mirage, Snowgoose, Moonmadness.
Agree 100% John and there are three classic albums that should be in any rock fans collection 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Love Camel, always did from the beginning. Besides good music they are very nice guys. Have all their albums and dvd's. Shame that Andy is very ill. Hope that he recovers soon and that Camel is able to record once again.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

hansx wrote:Love Camel, always did from the beginning. Besides good music they are very nice guys. Have all their albums and dvd's. Shame that Andy is very ill. Hope that he recovers soon and that Camel is able to record once again.
I didn't know Andy was ill. I liked the stuff with the late Pete bardens the best .
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:
hansx wrote:Love Camel, always did from the beginning. Besides good music they are very nice guys. Have all their albums and dvd's. Shame that Andy is very ill. Hope that he recovers soon and that Camel is able to record once again.
I didn't know Andy was ill. I liked the stuff with the late Pete bardens the best .
He is indeed very ill. Accidental I got a mail yesterday with a notice of his latest conditon. See below.

quote:
Andrew's Health Day 15 post transplant

Thank you for your light. The candles so many of you lit for Andrew on the day of his bone marrow transplant were truly felt. There was a special feeling in his room when the nurses brought in the transplant, and that feeling remained for several hours. Thank you all so much.

We've had many emails asking about Andrew's progress so I thought I would give you a condensed description of the process. The bone marrow is actually stem cells, harvested from a donor. The donor is given medication to stimulate these stem cells, and then they are taken simply through blood donation, much like giving a pint of blood. The stem cells are removed from the blood, and then transfused to the patient, that being Andrew. It is a strangely simple conclusion to a hugely complex process. In the end, a little bag holds Andrew's future, suspended above his bed connected to his intravenous line. It took about 2 hours for the stem cells to be fully transfused. And now, we wait.

It will be many weeks before we know if it is 100% successful. The donor's stem cells must replace Andrew's immune system, and this takes time. He is sure to have some difficult days, and the inevitable effects of chemotherapy will soon begin to show. During the next 6-12 weeks, he will be in isolation, to protect him from infection and monitor his progress. So, as you can see, it is now a waiting game.

His doctors are very pleased with his progress to date, and he has done well with the drug therapy. But we do take it one day at a time. Yesterday was a good day; we'll wait to see what today brings. One day at a time.

Some very dear friends of ours got together and bought a lovely new guitar for him, just before he went into hospital. He has that guitar with him, so he's keeping his fingers nimble and writing a bit of music. He is strong in spirit and determined to get well. I know this strength and determination is accentuated by the support he is given, by all of us, and all of you. Please keep those candles burning.

With thanks from the depth of my heart,
Susan Hoover
unquote
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I hope Andy makes ggod progress. Tommorrow I'll play some Camel.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Oh Gawd, how terrible, especially as Peter Bardens was taken from us not too long ago..

I also hope that Andy Latimer can regain his strength and be with us a good few years longer.

Camel were/are a superb group from an era when bandmembers could properly play their instruments AND HAD FUN DOING IT!!! Some great music was made by this band and I'd urge everyone who hasn't a Camel LP or CD to buy one. I love Snow-Goose and Nude...

Yet another great band who's music has touched my soul.

" We've been writing letters each day,
Hoping that you'll come home.
And we're wondering if you're ok
As you're not on the phone.

Face the facts now
Take a chance
Come on back now
Fast!

Please come home
Please come home
Everyone cares for you
Please come home
Please come home
Everyone cares for you
Everyone....

We've been writing letters each day
Hoping that you'll come home..................."
hansx

Post by hansx »

DSJR wrote:Oh Gawd, how terrible, especially as Peter Bardens was taken from us not too long ago..

I also hope that Andy Latimer can regain his strength and be with us a good few years longer.

Camel were/are a superb group from an era when bandmembers could properly play their instruments AND HAD FUN DOING IT!!! Some great music was made by this band and I'd urge everyone who hasn't a Camel LP or CD to buy one. I love Snow-Goose and Nude...

Yet another great band who's music has touched my soul.

" We've been writing letters each day,
Hoping that you'll come home.
And we're wondering if you're ok
As you're not on the phone.

Face the facts now
Take a chance
Come on back now
Fast!

Please come home
Please come home
Everyone cares for you
Please come home
Please come home
Everyone cares for you
Everyone....

We've been writing letters each day
Hoping that you'll come home..................."
That is from Nude, I have also good memories on that one. Camel did some try-outs in Holland, but not under the name of Camel, was not allowed. I was there long before the concert started and had some talking with the guys. Still have some recordings on tape of that one, it is one of the few tapes I occasionally play.
Hope that it will all come ok with Andy, however I have the feeling that there will never be new Camel cd. :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I hope that Andy can make a full recovery,a great musician he is :arrow:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Latest news about Andy.
Up until about 3 weeks ago, Andrew was doing fantastically. None of the expected side-effects had occurred and he was released from hospital just before Xmas. He certainly couldn't run a marathon, but we enjoyed the holidays with a new, and very grateful, perspective. Andrew began to slowly return to work, getting in a few good hours of writing and recording each day. It looked as if he really would "sail through" this intense and aggressive treatment...

Things took a turn in early February and he has suffered a bit of a setback, being readmitted to hospital where he remains until the doctors can "put him right" (as his chief consultant put it). I am reassured on a daily basis that they are as optimistic as ever so I do not worry unduly. But I have been honest with you all from the start and will continue to be so by telling you that he is a bit down-spirited, and quite taxed in his energy. If I could take his place, I would. How many of us wouldn't offer ourselves for someone we love? But, it doesn't work that way. This is Andrew's path and none of us can alter it. We can, however, continue to send him our support. I know for certain that all those candles burned an energy straight to his heart and left a light. He could use a few more, I think, to lift his spirits. If you can, please light an Hour Candle for him and spend just awhile sending him your unique, positive energy. No matter how strong we are, an indefinite stay in a hospital can set the dark thoughts in motion. Throw a little light if you can.
Thank you for your many emails of kind words and concern. I'm sorry I can't reply and hope you will accept my thanks.

Ever grateful,
Susan Hoover
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I've seen Camel more times than any other band (about 40 gigs since 1974) so you can imagine how special they are to me.

Andrew Latimer is one of most criminally ignored musicians in rock history and like all fans I wish him all strength in his recovery.

The current fashion obsessed music media has chosen to ignore Camel, whilst continually heaping lavish and disproportionate praise on the likes of Floyd and Zeppelin.

Camel's highly melodic and emotional music will eventually be re-discovered by future generations who will be perplexed as to why they were never better known at the time.
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Never have been to a live concert of Camel, but think they make music of my taste.

I do have next Camel Albums

Breathless
Landscapes
Mirage
Nude
Rain Dances

Tracks I most like are :
Docks :!:
Beached :!:
Air Born
Rain Dances

I know Ton Scherpenzeel has played keyboards at Camel for a short while.
Ton Scherpenzeel is one of the founders of Dutch group KAYAK and is one of my most favourite groups.

grtz, Peter
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

pb2rdf wrote:Never have been to a live concert of Camel, but think they make music of my taste.

Breathless
Landscapes
Mirage
Nude
Rain Dances

Tracks I most like are :
Air Born
Rain Dances

Ton Scherpenzeel is one of the founders of Dutch group KAYAK and is one of my most favourite groups.

grtz, Peter
Peter

Try and get "Moonmadness" & "Snowgoose" two absolute gems IMHO 8)
also "Rajaz" from the latter day line up which is excellent :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
pb2rdf wrote:Never have been to a live concert of Camel, but think they make music of my taste.

Breathless
Landscapes
Mirage
Nude
Rain Dances

Tracks I most like are :
Air Born
Rain Dances

grtz, Peter
Peter

Try and get "Moonmadness" & "Snowgoose" two absolute gems IMHO 8)
also "Rajaz" from the latter day line up which is excellent :wink:
Hmm, I don't think there are any bad albums from Camel. If you like one, you will like them all.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Good news about Andy Latimer.
Andrew's progress, 320 days post transplant...

Once again, it has been a long time since our last post, but this time it’s all good news. Andrew is doing fantastically!

At the last update on our News page, I said things were looking positive and they have continued this way. This journey is by no means over for us yet, but there is a tangible sense of ease in the air. It is such a gift to spend time together, simply enjoying each other’s company, and especially to see him looking so much better. We often talk of the future and can’t resist looking forward to the possibility of touring again. Not an epic tour, but something he likes to call a ‘tour-ette’.

There are still a number of challenges to deal with. One of the side effects he has to deal with is severe joint pain. This seems to come and go, and it moves around his body to various points. Unfortunately, the joints that are most effected are in his hands. I can’t pretend we weren’t alarmed the first time this occurred but we did feel a bit reassured when the pain stopped and didn’t revisit for several days. This now seems to be a bit of a cycle, coming and going without warning. Until he is off all medication, we can’t know for sure, but I refuse to think that it is permanent. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

There isn’t a day that passes now where he doesn’t have a guitar in his hands, even on the days when they hurt him. He has tuned the guitars down a bit, so they won’t unduly strain his hands or fingers, and although his playing is a bit stiff at times, his sound is intact. His strength is slowly returning. It’s a day by day process. He still needs to rest and sometimes that’s hard because he often feels like his ol’ self and does a bit too much. He has regained a lot of his energy and most of his hair! I think I can cautiously say that time will truly be the greatest healer now.

We are hoping to have a new DVD for the holiday season, but I’ll leave that for another newsletter, when I am confident of our release date and the material to be included. Now that Andrew’s treatment is not so intensive, I have a bit more time and will turn my attention to getting some of the items you’ve been asking for back into our shop.

We had always thought we could keep Andrew’s progress up to date on our site, with pictures and details of his experiences as he moved through the treatment stages. For a lot of reasons this was not achievable and, with hindsight, it was probably best that we didn’t. There were times when he was so terribly unwell. Seeing him like that would have been more upsetting than necessary. So, now that he seems to truly be on the other side of it all, we’ve included a short slide show. The pictures were taken by Andrew and me. You can get an idea of where we were, and where we are now.

So, just a short message to give you our positive news and to thank you, as I always do, for the phenomenal solace you have so generously offered.

My kindest regards,
Susan Hoover
There is also a quicktime shot with some pictures during the recovery of Andy on the site: http://www.camelproductions.com/news.html

Hope he will be recovering more and more and gives us again some fantastic music.