Rarities in your TD Collection

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

hmmmmmm....rarities in my teedee collection

lets have a look 8)

lucky, lucky me

all my td is rare

like a vintage vino, or a piece of fine art

rare as in special, refined, timeless and beautiful, all td music and artifact is rare...no matter how obscure or relevant or available.

Tangerine Dream are 40 years old, now that my friends is worth celebrations across all history
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
Guy wrote:I have a copy of a magazine, called Reflex (don't think it exists any more), with a special on Tangerine Dream. It's from the mid-eighties. It contains a 'flexi-disk' with a version of House of the Rising Sun. Not sure where else this track is available.
Guy I'd imagine that in Flexi disc form this would still be worth keeping in a safe place.
Some recordings of House o t r sun do exist but from recollection they are all live versions. Tempodrome DVD, East bonus disc are two places this can be found as a live track.
it's also available on that famous bootleg...the one I'm not allowed to mention (the 3 disc CD one! ;))
Ahem :arrow: Isnt it 4 discs :shock: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Guy

Post by Guy »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
timer wrote: Guy I'd imagine that in Flexi disc form this would still be worth keeping in a safe place.
Some recordings of House o t r sun do exist but from recollection they are all live versions. Tempodrome DVD, East bonus disc are two places this can be found as a live track.
it's also available on that famous bootleg...the one I'm not allowed to mention (the 3 disc CD one! ;))
Ahem :arrow: Isnt it 4 discs :shock: :arrow:
I listened to the disk once or twice and I remember it being a studio version (I also wasn't to excited by it by the way ). When I get my record player connected up again I might try to digitize the track. I did not realize that TD had played this live several times. I always thought this was some one off throw away track they gave the magazine because it sounded so un-TD to me. So when I heard it at the Astoria, as the grand-finale of the night, I was quite surprised.
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

Guy wrote:I have a copy of a magazine, called Reflex (don't think it exists any more), with a special on Tangerine Dream. It's from the mid-eighties. It contains a 'flexi-disk' with a version of House of the Rising Sun. Not sure where else this track is available.
I have this too, minus the magazine. Don't know if this affects the value though. No other rarities in the Edweirdo collection apart from a 1982 Tour programme signed by EF. CF and JS, 2 copies of Electronic Meditation on Ohr, 1990 Tour programme signed by the band and SWSIS signed by Edgar, Iris and Linda.

The only other rarity I can think of is a video with an interview with the band from an Australian TV show (possibly 1982) with Edgar, Chris and Johannes. Edgar mentions in the interview that TD tried to move to Australia and intended to start some sort of academy teaching young people how to use electronic music instruments. The Australian government 'did not permit it'. More fools they :oops:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ed
How did you get SWSIS signed by EF Iris and Linda :?:
JD

Post by JD »

I dont know if these are rare or not but I dont see them very often ?

Wallraff CD

Streethawk single: very odd version of the track that Ive heard nowhere else.

Tyger 12" (which I think was the first appearance of 21st century common man)

Rare Bird 12" I think thats the title, it has Edgar,Chris and johannes wearing strange goggles.

Melrose Years signed

Tatort-vinyl

Catch me if you can (not rare enough ;) )

Deadly Care

The Park is Mine

Antarktis
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

epsilon75 wrote:Ed
By sheer luck, Colin.

Mac and I follwed a crowd we thought were going to the pub and ended up at the back of the Astoria where EF LS and IC were getting into a minibus en route to a restaurant. They were good enough to stop for a short chat and sign some stuff. Iris is not the least attractive girl in the world, is she?

I'm surprised Edgar didn't ask where you were, Mr C :!:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

ed, email the BM for two MG 40 ears disks :idea:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Ed
By sheer luck, Colin.

Mac and I follwed a crowd we thought were going to the pub and ended up at the back of the Astoria where EF LS and IC were getting into a minibus en route to a restaurant. They were good enough to stop for a short chat and sign some stuff. Iris is not the least attractive girl in the world, is she?

I'm surprised Edgar didn't ask where you were, Mr C :!:

Im was disappointed that i didnt get time to have a few beers with you and Mac,so many people and so little time........i bet Edgar was more than happy he didnt bump into me :wink: I would have held the minibus up :lol:

P/S You and Mac come and join us in Cardiff..........wouldnt be the same without you :wink:
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

bigmoog wrote:ed, email the BM for two MG 40 ears disks :idea:
e-mail sent, BM :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
bigmoog wrote:ed, email the BM for two MG 40 ears disks :idea:
e-mail sent, BM :wink:
two velly limited marinaTegenDer disks on the way

come to cardiff...and receive limited edition second disk : ruby con, which is MG's tribute/homage to the greatest electronic music record ever made*

*er, possibly
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Er definately :arrow: :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

definitely, maybe :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

EDWEIRDO wrote:
I have this too, minus the magazine. Don't know if this affects the value though. No other rarities in the Edweirdo collection apart from a 1982 Tour programme signed by EF. CF and JS, 2 copies of Electronic Meditation on Ohr, 1990 Tour programme signed by the band and SWSIS signed by Edgar, Iris and Linda.

The only other rarity I can think of is a video with an interview with the band from an Australian TV show (possibly 1982) with Edgar, Chris and Johannes. Edgar mentions in the interview that TD tried to move to Australia and intended to start some sort of academy teaching young people how to use electronic music instruments. The Australian government 'did not permit it'. More fools they :oops:
I remember that clip...I've still got the audio recording of it
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

There is a live version of House of the Rising Sun on the Antique Dreams CD recorded in New orleans in 1988.