Ambient Monkeys

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Your welcome mate...

I too bought Ambient Monkeys at the london gig in 97 along with The Keep and i cant remember if it was the tour ep Maedchen On The Stairs/Order Of The Ginger Guild and Dream Mixes II. Can anyone remember what was on sale that night. I remember at the last Shep.bush gig, was having a better time financially and bought the entire Edgar Froese back cat. which had just been re-released on Eastgate!

Much prefer coming away from a gig with a cd to a programme! 8)
Pretty sure that I bought The Keep and the tour EP at Bristol and Ambient Monkeys and Dream Mixes II at Birmingham. I wasn't expecting a merch stand so didn't have enough cash in Bristol.
In those days they took cards if I remember right
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I took this record as a swindle, honestly.
I can't listen to it from beginning to end. Awfully boring and irritating, sometimes. Why giving new titles to old songs ? You think you buy some unreleased stuff and what you get is previously released tracks under other names for the most, drowned in sound effects.
If it not a real album, then why not releasing it at a special low price ?
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Marc M wrote:I took this record as a swindle, honestly.
I can't listen to it from beginning to end. Awfully boring and irritating, sometimes. Why giving new titles to old songs ? You think you buy some unreleased stuff and what you get is previously released tracks under other names for the most, drowned in sound effects.
If you will recall from back when Ambient Monkeys was released, the fans *DEMANDED* that this music be published. TD had no choice but to accede to the fans strong demands and put this music out on CD.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

TheMan wrote:
If you will recall from back when Ambient Monkeys was released, the fans *DEMANDED* that this music be published. TD had no choice but to accede to the fans strong demands and put this music out on CD.
I think the word 'demanded' is a bit strong i can remember making enquiries & requesting a possible Cd release when we found it was TD's doing.

I think your being melodramatic
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

alipaul wrote:
TheMan wrote:
I think the word 'demanded' is a bit strong i can remember making enquiries & requesting a possible Cd release when we found it was TD's doing.

I seem to remember it being on the inner sleeves fans "Demanded" I dont think The Man is saying that himself, rather quoting it from somewhere.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Fair enough if this is the case
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

If you will recall from back when Ambient Monkeys was released, the fans *DEMANDED* that this music be published. TD had no choice but to accede to the fans strong demands and put this music out on CD

if that's the case, maybe we should "demand" the Streethawk Soundtrack and The Keep as well as all concerts from the 70's :) :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I must give Ambient Monkeys a spin tomorrow as it's been a good few years since I heard it. I will check back with my thoughts.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

[quote="T4N63R1N3 DR34M"]If you will recall from back when Ambient Monkeys was released, the fans *DEMANDED* that this music be published. TD had no choice but to accede to the fans strong demands and put this music out on CD

if that's the case, maybe we should "demand" the Streethawk Soundtrack and The Keep as well as all concerts from the 70's :) :)[/quote

]

Yes, ironic at which point the fans demand was listened to. The wrong time, if you ask me.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Your welcome mate...

I too bought Ambient Monkeys at the london gig in 97 along with The Keep and i cant remember if it was the tour ep Maedchen On The Stairs/Order Of The Ginger Guild and Dream Mixes II. Can anyone remember what was on sale that night. I remember at the last Shep.bush gig, was having a better time financially and bought the entire Edgar Froese back cat. which had just been re-released on Eastgate!

Much prefer coming away from a gig with a cd to a programme! 8)
Pretty sure that I bought The Keep and the tour EP at Bristol and Ambient Monkeys and Dream Mixes II at Birmingham. I wasn't expecting a merch stand so didn't have enough cash in Bristol.
In those days they took cards if I remember right
...errr possibly. The people behind the counter where incredibly busy, a credit card transaction would have been cruel.

Girl behind the counter was really nice, chatted to her a little, her name was Anja. Think she might have been Jerome's girlfriend, if so, he's a very lucky lad.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

cantosis wrote:
alipaul wrote:
TheMan wrote: If you will recall from back when Ambient Monkeys was released, the fans *DEMANDED* that this music be published. TD had no choice but to accede to the fans strong demands and put this music out on CD.

I seem to remember it being on the inner sleeves fans "Demanded" I dont think The Man is saying that himself, rather quoting it from somewhere.
Yes, you are 100% correct. I recall TD's own words being that they were responding to the fans demands for this music. That was a long time ago....
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

TheMan wrote:
cantosis wrote:
alipaul wrote: I think the word 'demanded' is a bit strong i can remember making enquiries & requesting a possible Cd release when we found it was TD's doing.

Yes, you are 100% correct. I recall TD's own words being that they were responding to the fans demands for this music. That was a long time ago....
Didn't they also respond to the fans request for Carmel Calif to be added to VFART? That was recent. :lol:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I was one who requested the addition of Carmel Calif,it was just to good to be left off Vfart IMO 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:I was one who requested the addition of Carmel Calif,it was just to good to be left off Vfart IMO 8)
thank you, one of my fave tracks on that album ;-)
Last edited by cantosis on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:I was one who requested the addition of Carmel Calif,it was just to good to be left off Vfart IMO 8)
good man!

It's always nice to hear TD respond to polite requests