The Virgin Defintiive editions

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

har wrote:
24db wrote:Error's:

Phaedra=Peter's surname, Strand is mispelt Stand, Track indexing

Rubycon=none?

Ricochet=Clapping intro missing from Part 2

Stratosfear=Peter's surname, 3AM track details

Cyclone=Klaus left off the rear cover & inner sleeve credits, Bent Cold Sidewalk mispelt

Force Majeure=none?

Tangram=Johannes replaced with Peter Baumann's on the rear cover credits, albeit mispelt (also the inner cover, but Johannes is mentioned correctly once).

Thief=two tracks are reversed, Edgar's surname mispelt, Johannes's credit given to Peter Baumann

Exit=too many to list :)
When considering all these errors, its a disgrace, especially the Tangram and Thief situation.

Would be interested in the EXIT ones, in case I have absorbed more incorrect information :wink:
see above mate
har

Post by har »

Cheers, shocking catalogue of mistakes...............at least the discs have music on them :roll:

Damm good music 8) 8) 8)
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

I wonder if Peter Baumann ever gets stopped in the street and congratulated for Tangram, Thief and Exit?
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Peter Beasley wrote:I wonder if Peter Baumann ever gets stopped in the street and congratulated for Tangram, Thief and Exit?
Probably only by casual fans (who haven't looked at other sources about the album).

But to be honest, I would be angry if I was Johannes not getting credited on those albums.
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:I wonder if Peter Baumann ever gets stopped in the street and congratulated for Tangram, Thief and Exit?
I think most of us would pass him in the street these days and not even do a double take ;)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i think LOGOS is error free!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i think LOGOS is error free!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Unless you count the editing out of the "Play your synthesizers" shout from the audience before 'Dominion' in the same way as the hand clap at the start of 'Ricochet Part 2' was cut out.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Thanks for mentioning all the mistakes... I had forgotten some, that I had probably noticed.... but some I had actually probably not noticed... That's really bad. As I knew the original credits by heart when I bought the Definitive Edition CD's, I think I never had a very close look at the credits on them, especially as I saw how limited the booklets were, with these very short essays... and yes, they mentioned Baumann instead of Schmoelling on the back of Tangram, Thief and Exit too, plus the songs are credited to Baumann instead of Schmoelling with an extra "m" on Tangram !! "Edgar Frose" on "Thief" and "Exit" instead of Froese !!! and "Monique Frosse" on Exit ... It's really pathetic. As if they had given the task of rewriting the credits to a little kid... or a secretary who never got her high school grade... All this is absolutely stupid and unforgivable... Now, yes, I remember the children noise on Phaedra too !!! That explains why "Phaedra" (the track) is actually shorter than what I remembered and why "Mysterious Semblance" is longer ! Heresy...
Ye,t they connected the two parts of Logos togethe,r added a purple background on the CD, and added a mention of individual parts at given times... which I don't see the use of.... as you can't jump to them with a casual CD player. At least there is not mistake, nor on Hyperborea and White Eagle, apparently.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Peter Beasley wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i think LOGOS is error free!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Unless you count the editing out of the "Play your synthesizers" shout from the audience before 'Dominion' in the same way as the hand clap at the start of 'Ricochet Part 2' was cut out.
Good point but never really understood what they were shouting so not missed it as much as i missed the hand claps on Ricochet!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Typos and the like aside at least EMI has kept these albums available. A lot of stuff from the 70's is just de-leted now.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:Typos and the like aside at least EMI has kept these albums available. A lot of stuff from the 70's is just de-leted now.
tangerine dream?
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:Typos and the like aside at least EMI has kept these albums available. A lot of stuff from the 70's is just de-leted now.
tangerine dream?
Nope but Edgars Pinnacles, Epsilon & Kamikaze albums aer unavailable. :wink:
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

That is the major point I guess,

At least this music is available. Nothing more annoying that having to find second hand music if it has been OOP for a long time.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:
tangerine dream?
Edgar & Peter aren't big names, hence zero interest from Virgin or any major label. The group would normally outsell their solo stuff...bar Stuntman which sold as much as (in Edgar's words) an average TD album I hear.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:
tangerine dream?
BTW if Pinnacles isn't available why do I keep seeing it in London? very weird that