madcap's flaming duty

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Finally got a copy of MFD, got fed up with waiting for a CD I might or might not have ordered so I ordered a copy from Fopp, and have to say that it all sounds very good so far. Early days yet but it's pulling all the right strings. Very much looking forward to the Astoria show and seeing this performed live.

Some cool guitar playing form, I guess, Bernhard Biebl.
£10?
Yep. Got free delivery since the gits had all these copies TD CDs that I've played into the ground going cheap. My wife was not impressed by the size of the box that they came in. :D
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Hobo wrote:
Lucan wrote:Speaking as a rather hardcore fan of the 1970s TD (my introduction to TD was when I got "Zeit" out of the library when I was 15, and to this day it remains my favourite album in the whole world EVER) I honestly feel that "Madcap's Flaming Duty" is the best Tangerine Dream album since "Force Majeure".

Seriously, it blows me away. They've done a vocal album that I actually like, and they've not only done an Irish folk song, but done it really well!

There has been some serious mucking about with the original poetry, though, as one can see from comparing Sir Philip Sidney's poem -http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/s ... tml#eleven- with the way the words are sung on "Astrophel & Stella". I don't quite see why that was necessary. But it matters not, really. Musically, it's a fantastic song.

I love this album, and can't stop playing it, tho' I try.
It's back on my shelf and will probably stay there. A big disappointment for me. :(
That's a shame. But, to me, it's further evidence that TD have done a good job with this one - everyone seems to either really love this album, or really hate it.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Finally got a copy of MFD, got fed up with waiting for a CD I might or might not have ordered so I ordered a copy from Fopp, and have to say that it all sounds very good so far. Early days yet but it's pulling all the right strings. Very much looking forward to the Astoria show and seeing this performed live.

Some cool guitar playing form, I guess, Bernhard Biebl.
£10?
Yep. Got free delivery since the gits had all these copies TD CDs that I've played into the ground going cheap. My wife was not impressed by the size of the box that they came in. :D
oh well, you can't take it with you :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Lucan wrote: - everyone seems to either really love this album, or really hate it.
Yep but isn't that true of just about every TD album through the years.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: £10?
Oh no!!!! You've just given me an idea for a coffin made from my TD CD collection. :wink:

No other b*gg*r is going to want them. :wink:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Only listened to it once but am not that keen yet, Ill give it a few more listens before I give a final verdict.

I actually like the irish folk tune the best and I never thought I would!!.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Yep. Got free delivery since the gits had all these copies TD CDs that I've played into the ground going cheap. My wife was not impressed by the size of the box that they came in. :D
Oh no!!!! You've just given me an idea for a coffin made from my TD CD collection. :wink:

No other b*gg*r is going to want them. :wink:
Go on polute the ground with all those chemicals ;)
theonehorst

Post by theonehorst »

What a great piece of Art. Finally a really good td album again. I, personally, very disliked the Dante-Triology. But Madcap is really great. I am really impressed by Thorsten and his songwriter style.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. GREAT ALBUM
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

theonehorst wrote:What a great piece of Art. Finally a really good td album again. I, personally, very disliked the Dante-Triology. But Madcap is really great. I am really impressed by Thorsten and his songwriter style.

I dont think he actually wrote any of the songs but I don`t have the cover so cant be sure ;).

Personally I think he sounds like a poor mans Dave Gahan
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
theonehorst wrote:What a great piece of Art. Finally a really good td album again. I, personally, very disliked the Dante-Triology. But Madcap is really great. I am really impressed by Thorsten and his songwriter style.

I dont think he actually wrote any of the songs but I don`t have the cover so cant be sure ;).

that's Chris singing ;)
theonehorst

Post by theonehorst »

cantosis wrote:

I meant Thorsten Quaeschning, who wrote accourding to the cover, half of the songs...
JD

Post by JD »

theonehorst wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I meant Thorsten Quaeschning, who wrote accourding to the cover, half of the songs...
and damn fine songs they are ...I think we may have another Scmoelling developing here.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

theonehorst wrote:
cantosis wrote:

sorry its been a long day. :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
theonehorst wrote:
cantosis wrote: I dont think he actually wrote any of the songs but I don`t have the cover so cant be sure ;).

and damn fine songs they are ...I think we may have another Scmoelling developing here.
Strangely enough both are influenced by Prog...thankfully they still write great music ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Heard this today and have listened three times :arrow: :? :?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.