The Keep LP

Lewis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Lewis »

cantosis wrote:Unless it contains music that isnt available elsewhere I dont see what the big issue is. I am sick of seeing the topic on tadream to be honest.
I think it does doesnt it ? There's a load of great music in the film that I have never heard on any official releases ...maybe they exist on bootleg ?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

My theory is that so far no copy of "The Keep" LP has survived because... well... imagine:

You find the record at a local flea market (just 1 € - bargain!), then you can't get home fast enough ("OMG I'm rich, I'm going to make MILLIONS on ebay!"), you put down the needle on the pristine, mint vinyl, goose bumps all over in anticipation of the rarest TD sounds on the planet to fill the room... and then the record reveals its unspeakable secret...

:wink:
timer

Post by timer »

Michael66 wrote:My theory is that so far no copy of "The Keep" LP has survived because... well... imagine:

You find the record at a local flea market (just 1 € - bargain!), then you can't get home fast enough ("OMG I'm rich, I'm going to make MILLIONS on ebay!"), you put down the needle on the pristine, mint vinyl, goose bumps all over in anticipation of the rarest TD sounds on the planet to fill the room... and then the record reveals its unspeakable secret...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fantastic !
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Michael66 wrote:My theory is that so far no copy of "The Keep" LP has survived because... well... imagine:

incredible..I wish I had thought of it.......brilliant :D :D :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

I just bought a Phil Collins album and it had some awful electronic noodling on it...gave it to Oxfam :)
r4man

Post by r4man »

Actually, my own idea is kind of like this. I posted this on TADREAM but I'll post it here too for those that don't go there.

I have a little speculative idea that might explain how the people who held the lp in their hands could be correct and yet the album might not exist. Many years ago I purchased a Kate Bush CD, but when I got home and opened it, it contained a Red cold Chili Peppers" CD. Of course, I immediately returned it. The store had no other copies of the Kate Bush CD and had to order it.

No one here has said they heard or saw the album itself, only the album cover. So...

Suppose the album was scheduled for release and the covers printed, but the album itself never manufactured. And suppose the album was cancelled for whatever reason. And suppose some albums by a different artist or movie were incorrectly loaded into a few of the "Keep" sleeves and sent to stores. Such an album would be quickly recalled. The few people who bought the album would have returned it, perhaps hoping for a replacement that never came. This would explain why none of the sold copies has ever surfaced. It would also explain the band's insistence that the album was never made.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:

Actually, my own idea is kind of like this. I posted this on TADREAM but I'll post it here too for those that don't go there.

I have a little speculative idea that might explain how the people who held the lp in their hands could be correct and yet the album might not exist. Many years ago I purchased a Kate Bush CD, but when I got home and opened it, it contained a Red cold Chili Peppers" CD. Of course, I immediately returned it. The store had no other copies of the Kate Bush CD and had to order it.

No one here has said they heard or saw the album itself, only the album cover. So...

Suppose the album was scheduled for release and the covers printed, but the album itself never manufactured. And suppose the album was cancelled for whatever reason. And suppose some albums by a different artist or movie were incorrectly loaded into a few of the "Keep" sleeves and sent to stores. Such an album would be quickly recalled. The few people who bought the album would have returned it, perhaps hoping for a replacement that never came. This would explain why none of the sold copies has ever surfaced. It would also explain the band's insistence that the album was never made.
...and sometimes record companies used to send out empty LP covers for display purposes.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I came across this release http://www.discogs.com/release/1544039 by the label Ricochet Dream. It strikes me the label owner had to get permission from the publishers of the original score so they (the publishers) must know what happened to the original release.
I wonder if Ricochet Dream asked them ?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

We're lucky The Keep is just a soundtrack. The tragedy we're spared... "I swear I once saw a copy of the mythical Logos LP at my local record shop back in '82! The cover reminded me of the Encore stage photo, but without an UK flag in the background as far as I remember. I wanted to buy it but then I noticed I lost my wallet on the bus..." :shock: :wink:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Is the KEEP LP fact or fiction? I haven't seen one evidence out there that there is a LP version of the Keep. Nobody has a hard copy of this LP. :?:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!