Chandra

HYPERBOREA
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I don't quite understand the maths

Individulally the tracks rate mainly 7 amd 8 out of 10 which gives an overall rating of 6 out of 10! I will have to wait till I hear it I guess then maybe everything will become clear. I suppose sometimes the whole can be less than the sum of the parts!
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I don't quite understand the maths

Individulally the tracks rate mainly 7 amd 8 out of 10 which gives an overall rating of 6 out of 10! I will have to wait till I hear it I guess then maybe everything will become clear. I suppose sometimes the whole can be less than the sum of the parts!
Maybe the tracks stand out well enough on their own, but not as a whole? :wink:
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

j_pertou wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:I don't quite understand the maths

7+8 equals 15. The sum of digits in 15 equals 6, hence Andy's rating?

Maybe the tracks stand out well enough on their own, but not as a whole? :wink:
I cant think of one album by any artist where I like the tracks but then taken together, reduces my enjoyment of them.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Everything has become clear now

I might think its the best album ever and award it 1 out of 10!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Its a decent album, not blown me away like some of the other stuff released over the past couple of years, I do like some of the dark undertones on the album though and as usual I would rather listen to it a few more times before giving a final verdict.
24db

Post by 24db »

It ain't about maths, never has been, and never will be...it's about the ****ing music!

ratings are only a bit of fun...it's opinion...at VERY BEST! Agree or don't agree...buy the album and make your own mind up...it's the only way

;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:It ain't about maths, never has been, and never will be...it's about the ****ing music!

ratings are only a bit of fun...it's opinion...at VERY BEST! Agree or don't agree...buy the album and make your own mind up...it's the only way

;)
Thank fck for that I got a D in maths
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:It ain't about maths, never has been, and never will be...it's about the ****ing music!

;)
Thank fck for that I got a D in maths
:D :D...I can't even remember what I got :)
24db

Post by 24db »

anywho....;)

I really like 5 of the tracks on the album :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Because of the Tennis I had to listen on Phones ..first spin I wasn't that taken by almost all of it. I don't think the first five tracks are better than the rest. I like the reworking of Crawler Lane but maybe thats because it's one of Edgars best solo tracks. Of course tomorrow I'll give it another few spins. :D
Nero

Post by Nero »

CHANDRA in its entirety is a corker!!
...That's the problem of the whole world: to divide it..... :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

"Approaching Greenland at 7pm" has an infectious beat,cant seem to stop my feet tapping and head nodding........ 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:"Approaching Greenland at 7pm" has an infectious beat,cant seem to stop my feet tapping and head nodding........ 8) :D

I like that one myself
ant

Post by ant »

:D Only played it once so far and as it was totally different to what I had been expecting based on comments by Bianca etc it threw me a bit and therefore took my view of the finished article away. I will need to listen to this several times I think as I feel it may well be a grower. Tracks 1 & 4 stood out for me. I think I was expecting more of a science fiction/spacey feel to it and that's why I now have to look at it differently. Based on first listen I give it 5/10 but I am sure that will change over the next few plays. :D
Biggus Dickus
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

got mine at work this morning (Northern Ireland), along with Axiat & VV. Will listen tonight hopefully up a mountain overlooking Lough Foyle where there is complete peace and quiet