Purchasing habits (Eastgate)

71 dB
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Purchasing habits (Eastgate)

Post by 71 dB »

Okay, what kind of (how large) orders do you make when shopping CDs at Eastgate? For Europe Germany excluded the shipping cost is

7 euros for 1-3 CDs
9 euros for 4-8 CDs
17 euros for 9-14 CDs
26 euros for 15+ CDs

This means ordering only one CD at the time is stupid. Ordering 8 CDs is cost-efective.

So, what do you do? Only a few discs or very large orders?
24db

Post by 24db »

I buy what I want...the postage doesn't come into it. Actually I prefer my money to go directly to TD, rather than save a few pence and use some middle man, mail order company or end up waiting for months
timer

Post by timer »

I purchase whatever is new , when its announced from Eastgate, be it a single CD or CD/DVD/Cupdisc.

I most certainly wouldn't wait to amalgamate a whole bunch of releases just to save on postage.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I purchase the releases when they become available,i personally prefer to buy directly from Eastgate or at TD concerts from the merch stall.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:I buy what I want...the postage doesn't come into it. Actually I prefer my money to go directly to TD, rather than save a few pence and use some middle man, mail order company or end up waiting for months
timer wrote:I purchase whatever is new , when its announced from Eastgate, be it a single CD or CD/DVD/Cupdisc.

I most certainly wouldn't wait to amalgamate a whole bunch of releases just to save on postage.
You two must be earning well. I used to think like you but then I started to notice things that made me re-think things. Nobody wants to pay me for my work. I even lost my job. I was unemployed for 2 years living in poverty. Finally I got new job but it doesn't pay that well (14,60 euros/hour minus taxes). I spent almost a decade in university for a degree in electric engineering. After these experiences I am cynical and bitter. I have learned that every single euro takes lots of hard work to earn. TD definitely deserves good money for their hard work but I have to think myself too. It is important to save every euro you can. I try to save money in everything and thanks to that I can spent lots of money on TD's music.
timer

Post by timer »

Also , with a lot of the forum users being avid collectors of anything TD, the free gifts (cards / ZOGs) that accompany most releases are usually Ltd Editions - therefore the longer it takes to get the order in more chance of missing out ! :(
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

ZOG? What's that? Zionist Occupation Government?
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Usually 1-3 items to take advantage of the 7 Euro postage.

I've noticed that TD tend to release a CD, DVD, and a Cupdisc at the same time, so this tends to represent great value in terms of postage....

Also like others, i prefer to order directly from Eastgate, as Timer mentions it's always good to get those little signed extras such as postcards, and it's nice to support the group directly i reckon.... :wink:

I'd also like to add that the customer support from Eastgate is brilliant !!!
Be at one with the sequencing.....
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
24db wrote:I buy what I want...the postage doesn't come into it. Actually I prefer my money to go directly to TD, rather than save a few pence and use some middle man, mail order company or end up waiting for months
timer wrote:I purchase whatever is new , when its announced from Eastgate, be it a single CD or CD/DVD/Cupdisc.

You two must be earning well. I used to think like you but then I started to notice things that made me re-think things. Nobody wants to pay me for my work. I even lost my job. I was unemployed for 2 years living in poverty. Finally I got new job but it doesn't pay that well (14,60 euros/hour minus taxes). I spent almost a decade in university for a degree in electric engineering. After these experiences I am cynical and bitter. I have learned that every single euro takes lots of hard work to earn. TD definitely deserves good money for their hard work but I have to think myself too. It is important to save every euro you can. I try to save money in everything and thanks to that I can spent lots of money on TD's music.
earning well? hmmm don't think so, I just don't waste my money on music I don't like....like I used to...oh and eBay helps
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

71 dB wrote:ZOG? What's that? Zionist Occupation Government?
Zoom-O-Graphics
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

My first priority are CDs with new music on it. I'm interested in the DVDs too, but since I'm on low income too the DVDs often have to wait. My last purchase was Booster II and Choice, postage costs were EUR 4, that's ok.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I normally buy anything TD or Klaus Schulze immediately....Sadly my wife and myself's income may take a dramatic dip later in the year. Fingers crossed it doesn't but it looks like it will. Last year and the previous year I spent far to much money on CD's I don't really enjoy and this year things must change.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I have a phobia of missing something that turns out to be rare and unobtainable later... I have to order as soon as it is announced. I am possessed... :twisted:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
har

Post by har »

The £sterling exchange rate with the euro is becoming a bit of an issue.

Booster1 with delivery £18.41
Booster2 with delivery £24.34

24notes is 3 full price downloads, or up to 5 cds from Play.

NOT a criticism :!: merely an observation of the shite exchange rate which requires re allignment :!:

First download when I joined here , Sleeping Watches at 1.39euro/£
Todays wonderful rate 1.068e/£ :roll:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
71 dB wrote:

earning well? hmmm don't think so, I just don't waste my money on music I don't like....like I used to...oh and eBay helps
14.6€ p/h is 30 % more than I earn. On my meagre salary I normally have to wait until my birthday, or Christmas before I order. My orders are therefore large and postage quite reasonable. It does mean I always miss out on the limited freebies though.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese