TD on Wiki

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD on Wiki

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

Well it certainly isn't from the rough draft of EF's book ! :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Well it certainly isn't from the rough draft of EF's book ! :oops:
Edgar's writing a book?

:shock:

:)
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
Edgar's writing a book?

Yeah ,yeah - What sort of book etc,etc ! :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Dum de dum de dum de dum :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
Edgar's writing a book?

for years I believe. :D Guess it will be a novell with more than 1000 pages. :) :(
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:
Edgar's writing a book?

for years I believe. :D Guess it will be a novell with more than 1000 pages. :) :(
here's hoping :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

In the words of the maestro "Why would i want to release a book now,many more years ahead" :) :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:In the words of the maestro "Why would i want to release a book now,many more years ahead" :) :arrow:
life can be shorter than you think sometimes. :(
Cyclone

Re: TD on Wiki

Post by Cyclone »

24db wrote:re this line that somebody has added on Wiki...

"He [Chris Franke] is credited for the initial discovery of the sequencer technique introduced on Phaedra, that came to define the band's music"

has anyone got a documented source to back it up? btw I'm not saying they're wrong, I just want to know where it comes from.
"The list of “who did what” in his [Edgar's] up-coming book will set things straight. Some “kings” will easily become “beggars” and the other way round."
(FAQ #43)
24db

Re: TD on Wiki

Post by 24db »

Cyclone wrote:
24db wrote:re this line that somebody has added on Wiki...

"He [Chris Franke] is credited for the initial discovery of the sequencer technique introduced on Phaedra, that came to define the band's music"

has anyone got a documented source to back it up? btw I'm not saying they're wrong, I just want to know where it comes from.
"The list of “who did what” in his [Edgar's] up-coming book will set things straight. Some “kings” will easily become “beggars” and the other way round."
(FAQ #43)
technically you can't quote from a book that hasn't been written yet mate ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:In the words of the maestro "Why would i want to release a book now,many more years ahead" :) :arrow:
Here's hoping.

I'm looking forward to a few more decades TD listening pleasure.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

The big problem with this book?

It will have no words! ... it will all be notes and we gonna listen to it again!

I have this bizarre idea that with every album and every piece of music ... we see more of the man than anything else and that a biography would be such waste of time ... he can't speak words! ... he speaks notes!

To be honest though ... I don't think a book is needed ... let the music do the talking and let the rest die ... or as another poet once said ... dust ends up on the floor ... the same one I walk on!

So what do you wanna read about? Edgar's private bedroom and jokes? ... please .... .... I stand corrected ... if he puts together a book like PDQ Bach's Biography I can handle it! And all the music and cartoon like staffs and notes is the way I want Edgar to talk about a lot of his music ...
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I think a book about events during making of landmark TD albums would be very interest
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I would think that a book about his experiences with technicians and how some things were created and developed is a lot more interesting than what he thought of Chris Franke's mom, or ... what ... ever ...

Somewhere there was an article about loops and how they started working with it, and that is odd stuff that in the end helped define and create what today we call synthesizer and a lot of the computing stuff, of which they were ahead of a lot of people ... most people ... including geeks.

But sometimes we're only interested in the dish-soap stuff ... and I don't think that the story about how he went to the bathroom at the Greek Theater and there was a peep to Highland Ave is really gonna make a diiference ... but the other would give you and I a neat clue as to how someone that creates music, or writes, or paints, actually thinks ... with their own visuals ... I would be more interested in his abstract theories and thoughts as he paints ... than anything else ... that is where all the fun is!