Could Edgar of done it alone?

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Froesesque »

I know many would argue that he has done already, but do you guys think that Edgar could of had a life-long sucessfull solo career without Tangerine Dream ever being in exsistance, like Jean-michelle-jarre and others.

I think he could :D

I look forward to getting the Epsilon Journey DVD, they played all my EF solo favourites - sorry I couldn't go, :cry: looks like it was a great night
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
timer

Re: Could Edgar of done it alone?

Post by timer »

Froesesque wrote:I know many would argue that he has done already, but do you guys think that Edgar could of had a life-long sucessfull solo career without Tangerine Dream ever being in exsistance, like Jean-michelle-jarre and others.

I think he could :D

I look forward to getting the Epsilon Journey DVD, they played all my EF solo favourites - sorry I couldn't go, :cry: looks like it was a great night

Maybe not to the degree that JMJ had as EF wouldn't have gone down the commercial route the JM did.

Personally I think EF's solo CDs are superb.
And yes the Eindhoven concert was pure magic, I sincerely hope Edgar considers doing another TD plays EF concert in the not to distant future. 8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

TD were a project led by EF. A lot of other members had a big influence on TD's sound most notably Johannes Schmoelling & Paul Haslinger and even Jerome. I'm certain EF would have had a career on his own but maybe not as prolific as The TD project.
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:TD were a project led by EF. A lot of other members had a big influence on TD's sound most notably Johannes Schmoelling & Paul Haslinger and even Jerome. I'm certain EF would have had a career on his own but maybe not as prolific as The TD project.
Spot on...TD is a project...never a normal band (Johannes Schmoelling has said this recently), so it doesn't matter if there's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 people involved. Edgar has always had a hand on the steering wheel of TD, it's his project. It's not something a few fans like to admit, they'd like to make TD somebody else's band, that somebody else had the biggest influence. BUT IMHO that is a massive failure in understanding what TD are all about. Regardless of what 'you' think of the music, 1967-2008, or whatever your favourite period is, Edgar could have had a solo career and been successful. Some might argue that he wouldn't have sold as many records, but then again when has that been a real indicator of art or musical value.?..continue that thought process and then Take That were better than Klaus Schulze, or the Spice Girls are better than Can.
Art is about communication and how it alters your thought process and emotions...NEVER about fast girls or loose cars ;)
Last edited by 24db on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nero

Post by Nero »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:TD were a project led by EF. A lot of other members had a big influence on TD's sound most notably Johannes Schmoelling & Paul Haslinger and even Jerome. I'm certain EF would have had a career on his own but maybe not as prolific as The TD project.
Spot on...TD is a project...never a normal band (Johannes Schmoelling has said this recently), so it doesn't matter if there's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 people involved. Edgar has always had a hand on the steering wheel of TD, it's his project. It's not something a few fans like to admit, they'd like to make TD somebody else's band, that somebody else had the biggest influence. BUT IMHO that is a massive failure in understanding what TD are all about. Regardless of what 'you' think of the music, 1967-2008, or whatever your favourite period is, Edgar could have had a solo career and been successful. Some might argue that he wouldn't have sold as many records, but then again when has that a real indicator of art or musical value.?..continue that thought process and then Take That were better than Klaus Schulze, or the Spice Girls are better than Can.
Art is about communication and how it alters your thought process and emotions...NEVER about fast girls or loose cars ;)
Very well said. I can't add something, absolutely right!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Spot on...TD is a project...never a normal band (Johannes Schmoelling has said this recently), so it doesn't matter if there's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 people involved. Edgar has always had a hand on the steering wheel of TD, it's his project. It's not something a few fans like to admit, they'd like to make TD somebody else's band, that somebody else had the biggest influence. BUT IMHO that is a massive failure in understanding what TD are all about. Regardless of what 'you' think of the music, 1967-2008, or whatever your favourite period is, Edgar could have had a solo career and been successful. Some might argue that he wouldn't have sold as many records, but then again when has that a real indicator of art or musical value.?..continue that thought process and then Take That were better than Klaus Schulze, or the Spice Girls are better than Can.
Very well said mate 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

it´s easier to start a career with the name "tangerine dream" than with "edgar froese".

td is not ef but td is not without ef..........td music is much better than ef solo in my ears :) .......... in first place i´m a td-fan.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Brien Comerford

Post by Brien Comerford »

I love all of Edgar's solo CD's and the 2007 and 2008 CD's that he's exclusively composed and performed on as Tangerine Dream. My favorite Tangerine Dream is Edgar solo. On another note I did not Know that Monika Froese passed away several years ago. I loved her photographs and work. God bless her benevolent and compassionate soul.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Tangerine Dream well beginning too Fades out in summer of early next year!

:!: :arrow:
jacob

Post by jacob »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Tangerine Dream well beginning too Fades out in summer of early next year!
NO way! :wink:
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Tangerine Dream well beginning too Fades out in summer of early next year!

:!: :arrow:
:shock: :o :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

jacob wrote:
NO way! :wink:
I'm afraid it's true. Peter knows everyhting that is to come and is to pass.. :wink:

Nah seriously I don't get the jist of a lot of Peter's posts and I don't suppose I'm alone.. :?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Peter is just a WUM but not sinister, I like his posts, They are usually very off the wall. :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

cantosis wrote:Peter is just a WUM but not sinister, I like his posts, They are usually very off the wall. :D
I agree Matt and in no way am I taking the mickey it's just that sometimes I log off scratching me bald head.. :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:
cantosis wrote:Peter is just a WUM but not sinister, I like his posts, They are usually very off the wall. :D
I agree Matt and in no way am I taking the mickey it's just that sometimes I log off scratching me bald head.. :D
I know mate :D