Tempodrom DVD

Taximan431
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Taximan431 »

epsilon75 wrote:Just watching the DVD again i just love those Optical Race,Melrose tracks here especially the totally sublime "Mother's of rain" at the sign of the first note my arms were flailing telling the band to play up.
Ive got to be honest in saying i would willingly sit through a whole concert of Optical Race,Melrose and parts of Rockoon with the punchy rhythmic sounds that they had.................bloody great stuff and vastly underated :D
Colin I couldn't agree more :!:

:D 8) :) :!: :arrow:

Geoff
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

The other morning my brother came around to distribute Christmas presents and was utterly shocked to hear the end of the Tempodrom DVD, where Edgar is clearly heard to say "Burn the Bible". After a lot of umming and ahhing on my part we realised he'd misheard Berhard Beibl. :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:The other morning my brother came around to distribute Christmas presents and was utterly shocked to hear the end of the Tempodrom DVD, where Edgar is clearly heard to say "Burn the Bible". After a lot of umming and ahhing on my part we realised he'd misheard Berhard Beibl. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: certainly sounds like the former :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Postman did not arrive Friday but Geoff did and he brought his copy so we watched some of it.

Ahhhh nice to be on the front seat of a DVD. My wife wants to know who the blond was beside me (ha ha).

This is very well put together, excellent camera work and the right balance between the backdrop and performance. Excellent close ups - overall top notch quality in a good venue and well worth the wait !

Now for my copy please ....... :evil:
David Fox
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I was speechless when watching this . It is an awesome show. Nice to see Colin & Geoff at the front.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Had my first viewing last night and it is an excellent quality DVD. My only gripe would be that the graphics are somewhat overused (oh and Jerome seems a little camera shy. Not much footage of Froese jnr.).
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

sparrow wrote:I was speechless when watching this . It is an awesome show. Nice to see Colin & Geoff at the front.
I have a theory that TDI make sure Colin gets front & centre, so Edgar knows EXACTLY where he is at all times!
JD

Post by JD »

I have to admit to being a little dissapointed with this DVD. The picture quality was great mind you, you could really see those keyboard hands not playing anything remotely like the music you can hear :wink:

I think the main problem I had is that there were 2 stunning guitar players on stage who had to spend almost 3 hours picking around for something to play, and geralds funk riffs get a bit irritating at times when they are spoiling some of the classics, just like Iris's relentless hitting of anything at arms reach without much thought as to whether it fits or not .Sometimes less is more.

I know I'll either be flamed or banned for this but I find watching Edgar Thorsten and jerome rocking back and forth or looking over at each other or pretending to be changing a synth sound while looking a little lost ....quite unbearable, and I feel cheated because its so obviouse that they are in reality doing nothing live at all.

Shame really though guys. I'll have to follow the words of Edgar and not buy anymore of the live shows on DVD :(
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Laserdiscdream

Post by Laserdiscdream »

I Buy it This Tempodrom DVD in April I Wrote it Down on my Calendar.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.angela-aki.com

http://aki.endless-run.org/index.php
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:I have to admit to being a little dissapointed with this DVD. The picture quality was great mind you, you could really see those keyboard hands not playing anything remotely like the music you can hear :wink:

I think the main problem I had is that there were 2 stunning guitar players on stage who had to spend almost 3 hours picking around for something to play, and geralds funk riffs get a bit irritating at times when they are spoiling some of the classics, just like Iris's relentless hitting of anything at arms reach without much thought as to whether it fits or not .Sometimes less is more.

I know I'll either be flamed or banned for this but I find watching Edgar Thorsten and jerome rocking back and forth or looking over at each other or pretending to be changing a synth sound while looking a little lost ....quite unbearable, and I feel cheated because its so obviouse that they are in reality doing nothing live at all.

Shame really though guys. I'll have to follow the words of Edgar and not buy anymore of the live shows on DVD :(
No flamming from me...but I'll point out that if you watch TD in 82, 86, 90, 92, 96, 97, 2001, 2003, 2004, or 2006 they're performing exactly the same way (and that goes for Chris Franke in th London as a solo artist).
If anybody else would like to prove I'm wrong, then I'd love to hear it.

IMHO you can't say it's obvious they are doing NOTHING....as you (and I) don't know how they perform live.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

JD wrote:I have to admit to being a little dissapointed with this DVD. The picture quality was great mind you, you could really see those keyboard hands not playing anything remotely like the music you can hear :wink:

Please.... Not this again...... :roll:
HarryPotter No7

Tempodrome DVD

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Hello people, new to this forum, thought I'd give my 10 penneth's worth on the new Tempodrome DVD whilst listening to Metaphor and TD plays TD......

I've been into TD since 1985 so I (like all of you) have waited a long time to finally get my hands on an official full LIVE Tangerine Dream performance.

It was worth the wait - although I was not as lucky as all of you who attended this gig (finding some1 to come with me all the way from England proved very difficult!), viewing it made me very envious, everything seems to fall into place perfectly, the music, the venue, the light show, the camera work, the musicians, even the dvd menus/packaging have been put together excellently - My only gripe is the use of computer effects, especially on my favourite track 'Loved by the sun', that aside, I am extremely pleased with this, and a big hands-up for how fast it was made available to us.

It's puzzleing why 2 tracks have been omitted, especially when they showcase EF/JF's 'axe-use' for the first time officially on DVD - I have an audio copy of this gig and they sounded fine.....mmmmm! strange!

Next up to watch - Dante's Inferno DVD
I know this will not be a patch on the Tempodrome gig, but the way I see it, the more DVD's being made available to us, the better!!!

Bye for now :-)

p.s
anyone notice on the DVD menu, the track 'Charly the Kid' should in fact be 'Rainbirds Move'...........
JD

Post by JD »

"Please.... Not this again...... "

Oh has this already been covered ? I read through the thread but didn't see any comments about it. Maybe its forbidden to mention it in which case you have my sincere apolgies ? I guess everybody else is Ok with a live but not live gig.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Mmmm, sent off for my copy via Groove nl yesterday. I too loved the bit in the media section where Linda was playing sax during the performance of ' Mothers of Rain'. I've just downloaded TD plays TD from the download section of this site too.
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:"Please.... Not this again...... "

Oh has this already been covered ? I read through the thread but didn't see any comments about it. Maybe its forbidden to mention it in which case you have my sincere apolgies ? I guess everybody else is Ok with a live but not live gig.
It's certainly not forbidden, it's only that it's been covered a zillion times before on the earlier version of this forum and a hand full of others. It's one of the few times Edgar has written a reply in answer to the 'M' word ;) . So I guess this is why a few fans get bored if quite a few threads always end up with 'TD, are they playing?' theme.