Jerome - Dante Is Dead T-Shirt

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:http://www.moonpop.org/news/2007/1581.html

the pdf is located here

AOL users are advised not to use their service...... :D
AOL tossbags! :D
Nero

Re: Jerome - Dante Is Dead T-Shirt

Post by Nero »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
ant wrote::D Does anyone know the real reason's for Jerome producing this T-Shirt which I bought with Shiver Me Timbers? was it just because he was not a big fan of the TD Dante Works and having left the band felt he would just have a little 'in' joke, or was it something else? Your views on this would be appreciated. :D
I didn't understand the joke, there are some awesome songs on Purgatorio, but even if I didn't feel that, I still wouldn't get the joke.

:!: :arrow:
The REAL reason for Jerome's silly T-Shirts must be that he didn't understand a single word of the Dante Story himself and had to cry out his frustration in form of a T-Shirt....By the way concerning INFERNO JF did only compose one and a half song (see DVD), on PURGATORIO 3 tracks and on PARADISO - nothing.
The SPIRIT of DANTE will NEVER die! 1000 points to Edgar..!! :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I highly regard the DANTE trilogy, I dont have to enjoy all the music...but its an OPUS, pure and simply a classic (which can mean its crappe as well.....)....I admire Edgar's personal vision to produce this meisterwork: flawed, boring, exciting, difficult.....just like DANTE's work

the classicalMOOG :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I highly regard the DANTE trilogy, I dont have to enjoy all the music...but its an OPUS, pure and simply a classic (which can mean its crappe as well.....)....I admire Edgar's personal vision to produce this meisterwork: flawed, boring, exciting, difficult.....just like DANTE's work

It has undoubtedly IMHO proved to be an acquired taste,you either love it or hate it..........I find most of the 3 parts extremely moving and a wonderful listen,out of the three Purgatorio remains my favorite part :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Its interesting that Purgatorio remains the fan favourite....perhaps because its the most realised....and meaningful?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:Its interesting that Purgatorio remains the fan favourite....perhaps because its the most realised....and meaningful?
I think all three parts are realised and meaningful BM.......otherwise it would seem a very disjointed opus :P
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Its interesting that Purgatorio remains the fan favourite....perhaps because its the most realised....and meaningful?
I think all three parts are realised and meaningful BM.......otherwise it would seem a very disjointed opus :P

Colin, you should have a job as a Guardian reviewer :idea: :lol: :lol:

DANTE is DEAD, LONG LIVE er, DANTE :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Colin, you should have a job as a Guardian reviewer :idea: :lol: :lol:

DANTE is DEAD, LONG LIVE er, DANTE :wink:
Reviewing i will leave to the experts and grizzlies,im only interested in the music and Edgar's e-ball :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

DANTE as reviewed by 'a reviewer' : 3 CD OPUS, good bits, GREAT bits, a mixed bag of tasty morsels

reviewed by a grizzly : ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtadreamyahoooooooooooooooooooeeffeersEFF...1987...grrrrcough...ooohhhhsplutterGRRR....gulp I swallowed my tongue,,,,,,,GRRRRRRR plop,,,,,,,,blip,........blip.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reviewed by BM : DANTE is DANTILIAN in its mahleresquian classicism[post edited to preserve sanity]
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:DANTE as reviewed by 'a reviewer' : 3 CD OPUS, good bits, GREAT bits, a mixed bag of tasty morsels

reviewed by a grizzly : ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtadreamyahoooooooooooooooooooeeffeersEFF...1987...grrrrcough...ooohhhhsplutterGRRR....gulp I swallowed my tongue,,,,,,,GRRRRRRR plop,,,,,,,,blip,........blip.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reviewed by BM : DANTE is DANTILIAN in its mahleresquian classicism[post edited to preserve sanity]

LATEST NEWS

Hundreds of readers of the british broadsheet publication "The Guardian" have been admitted to the high security hospital Broadmoor after being exposed to music reviews by the famous critic and Guildford favorite son Big Stanley Moog,a spokesman said "the admitted inmates are going through feverish bouts of psychotic laughter whilst praying in front of a large piece of electronic equpment with flashing lights :arrow:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:mrgreen:

blip.......blip....blip...blip*

*new Kraftwerk 12incher :arrow:
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:I highly regard the DANTE trilogy, I dont have to enjoy all the music...but its an OPUS, pure and simply a classic (which can mean its crappe as well.....)....I admire Edgar's personal vision to produce this meisterwork: flawed, boring, exciting, difficult.....just like DANTE's work

Maybe it is a meisterwork. But as it is with a lot of masterpieces, it takes some time to be regarded as. The time Beethoven did his composing, it wasn't great as it is now. Shame we won't be here on earth as the next generation regards the Dante opus as a masterpiece. :(
ant

Post by ant »

:D There may be some who class it as a masterpiece now!! Anyone think that it is?? :wink:
Biggus Dickus
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hmm masterpiece.... I dont think im quaified enough to say if its a masterpiece or not,there are certainly parts of this 3 piece opus that are a stunningly good and enjoyable listen,and both the shows ive seen(Inferno DVD) & Purgatorio(Live) were an enthralling experience in different ways,i think having prior knowledge & understanding of the Dante's works would be an advantage IMHO.

There is no doubt a huge amount of thought,time and effort has gone into this project,and you can only applaud Edgar Froese for having the courage to let it loose on the army of TD fans and the public at large,it is obvious to a dog that it was a very different project to the usual TD releases,but again EF did what he wanted to do and did not bow to the grizzlies :wink: thats why i have the deepest respect for the man :arrow:
JD

Post by JD »

hansx wrote:

Maybe it is a meisterwork. But as it is with a lot of masterpieces, it takes some time to be regarded as. The time Beethoven did his composing, it wasn't great as it is now. Shame we won't be here on earth as the next generation regards the Dante opus as a masterpiece. :(

I really dont think that a few hundred years down the line people are going to suddenly discover that the dante trilogy is a masterpiece or work of genius ????? There's a reason why people regard Beethoven, Bach etc as a genius y'know and its nothing to do with the fact they may have written a long piece of music.
Size isnt everything !
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush