YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

David Ryle
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by David Ryle »

Epsilon is the quintessential clinic for Melotron technique.

This is a peak musical piece from Froese for all time. It actually made me pull my car over to the side of road once when I was listening to it. Truly a masterwork of hidden accolades.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

David Ryle wrote:Epsilon is the quintessential clinic for Melotron technique.

This is a peak musical piece from Froese for all time. It actually made me pull my car over to the side of road once when I was listening to it. Truly a masterwork of hidden accolades.
You're not alone in your appraisal David.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Does Edgar have much of his old gear still (like the Mellotron)?

I'd like him to return in part to some of those old sounds as they suited his compositions so well...
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:Does Edgar have much of his old gear still (like the Mellotron)?

I'd like him to return in part to some of those old sounds as they suited his compositions so well...
Trons? one was given to Roedelius...another ended up in the collection of Brendan Pollard
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:

Trons? one was given to Roedelius...another ended up in the collection of Brendan Pollard
I read somewhere that TD still had a lot of their early equipment in storage in a basement somewhere and Jerome would spend his holidays messing around with them. Sadly it didn't specify what was retained.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:

I read somewhere that TD still had a lot of their early equipment in storage in a basement somewhere and Jerome would spend his holidays messing around with them. Sadly it didn't specify what was retained.
TD 'had' a vintage studio/basement in Berlin I think, but chances are this was shipped back to Vienna 3 years ago, when the group sued the architect of their Berlin studio
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: Trons? one was given to Roedelius...another ended up in the collection of Brendan Pollard
TD 'had' a vintage studio/basement in Berlin I think, but chances are this was shipped back to Vienna 3 years ago, when the group sued the architect of their Berlin studio
was this the same studio featured in Jonathan Miller's article a few years back? I thought it looked pretty cool.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I read somewhere that TD still had a lot of their early equipment in storage in a basement somewhere and Jerome would spend his holidays messing around with them. Sadly it didn't specify what was retained.
was this the same studio featured in Jonathan Miller's article a few years back? I thought it looked pretty cool.
yep..on several floors, i heard the building was a complete nightmare
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: TD 'had' a vintage studio/basement in Berlin I think, but chances are this was shipped back to Vienna 3 years ago, when the group sued the architect of their Berlin studio
Funnily that's not was said in the article. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: was this the same studio featured in Jonathan Miller's article a few years back? I thought it looked pretty cool.
Funnily that's not was said in the article. :D
that was 2001 (I think)...my source said they shipped out of Berlin 3 years ago
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

Melotron is still in business. Even if the old units Froese and company used are not around, the tapes and machines are still being made.

I think it is pointless anyway. The Clavia Nord Wave is coming out in a month and I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar and Thorsten don't already have one or two. These keyboards are packed with Melotron sounds sampled straight off the tapes. They are infinitly more stable, programmable and portable.

-David
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

David Ryle wrote:

Melotron is still in business. Even if the old units Froese and company used are not around, the tapes and machines are still being made.

I think it is pointless anyway. The Clavia Nord Wave is coming out in a month and I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar and Thorsten don't already have one or two. These keyboards are packed with Melotron sounds sampled straight off the tapes. They are infinitly more stable, programmable and portable.

-David
Can't help feeling nostalgic about the old, unreliable 'Trons though.
24db

Post by 24db »

David Ryle wrote:

-David
Also Thorsten is currently using the Memotron (note spelling) in his live keyboard set up....it's the keyboard his Laptop sits on. This can give an approx emulation of a Tron
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

I use G-Force's M-Tron which is a poor substitute for the real thing, but it does have some impressive flute and string patches to remind one of the good ol' days.

-David
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

David Ryle wrote:I use G-Force's M-Tron which is a poor substitute for the real thing, but it does have some impressive flute and string patches to remind one of the good ol' days.

-David
'Tron flute is without doubt my favourite musical sound. Sublime!