YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

David Ryle wrote:
DSJR wrote:Does Edgar have much of his old gear still (like the Mellotron)?

I'd like him to return in part to some of those old sounds as they suited his compositions so well...
Melotron is still in business. Even if the old units Froese and company used are not around, the tapes and machines are still being made.

I think it is pointless anyway. The Clavia Nord Wave is coming out in a month and I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar and Thorsten don't already have one or two. These keyboards are packed with Melotron sounds sampled straight off the tapes. They are infinitly more stable, programmable and portable.

-David
You know, it was this instability that gave the Mellotron its particular sound. Remove this instability and a good deal of the character is gone.
JD

Post by JD »

rattymouse wrote:
David Ryle wrote:
DSJR wrote:Does Edgar have much of his old gear still (like the Mellotron)?

I'd like him to return in part to some of those old sounds as they suited his compositions so well...
Melotron is still in business. Even if the old units Froese and company used are not around, the tapes and machines are still being made.

I think it is pointless anyway. The Clavia Nord Wave is coming out in a month and I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar and Thorsten don't already have one or two. These keyboards are packed with Melotron sounds sampled straight off the tapes. They are infinitly more stable, programmable and portable.

-David
You know, it was this instability that gave the Mellotron its particular sound. Remove this instability and a good deal of the character is gone.
Ths instability in the sound is still there, direct from the tapes means all of the dropouts, tuning waverings etc The benefit is that an artist can concentrate on writing rather than rebuilding a machine.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Listening to EIMP 1975 right now... Beautiful music, but a rather dreadful production... what went wrong?
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Listening to EIMP 1975 right now... Beautiful music, but a rather dreadful production... what went wrong?
it's the ghost of Ravel ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:Listening to EIMP 1975 right now... Beautiful music, but a rather dreadful production... what went wrong?
Bolero?
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Bolero?
don't swear at me ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Didn't get that, but I heard something like that EIMP is inspired by Ravel's Bolero, need to play that LP next.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Didn't get that, but I heard something like that EIMP is inspired by Ravel's Bolero, need to play that LP next.
;) sorry mate (poor joke)....no there are hints at Ravel in EIMP, I wouldn't be surprised if TD had quite a few of these slight nods to classical pieces in the early years
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Wonderful album,must have been dodgy vinyl in the pressing plant :?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
I'm talking about the cd! :o
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I'm talking about the cd! :o
Original or 2005 :?:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

1975, I think it sounds really murky.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:1975, I think it sounds really murky.
I agree it could do with a complete remaster of the 1st cd but sadly i doubt we will ever get it.........thats taking nothing away from 2005 which is far superior in sound and great listening,but that original recording IMHO is of greatness by a truly genuine master of his craft..
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
I agree it could do with a complete remaster of the 1st cd but sadly i doubt we will ever get it.........thats taking nothing away from 2005 which is far superior in sound and great listening,but that original recording IMHO is of greatness by a truly genuine master of his craft..
Maybe the difference between the original and the re-recording is what makes it so exciting...?
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Maybe the difference between the original and the re-recording is what makes it so exciting...?
it does for me....well, perhaps not exciting, more interesting anyway