The 40th anniversary; The Results ON LINE NOW!

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:I'm a bit tempted to keep these blogs open ended, so that I can add update them for a while (a week or so perhaps?).
I got another response last night (109 replies), but it was outside the deadline...therefore I won't be counting it for the Poll (otherwise I'd be updating ever few minutes!)...BUT I will use the comments. Many thanks to everyone who not only responded but also sent their best wishes, it's very appreciated...and a true indicator what TD fans are really like!
Ive got one more answer to give Andy so i would appreciate the open-end policy :wink:
no problem mate, post it when you're ready Colin

Thanks,i'll get working on it.............. :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Or Alpha Centauri & Zeit :arrow:
ah Rockoon and Ambient Monkeys...the ultimate!

;)
hmmm Canyon Dreams and Mota Atma... magnificent!

:wink:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Or Alpha Centauri & Zeit :arrow:
ah Rockoon and Ambient Monkeys...the ultimate!

;)
hmmm Canyon Dreams and Mota Atma... magnificent.

1 out of 2 isn't bad Jason ;)

I tell you what though...'one day' I'll have to go back and listen to Mota Atma again and see if it's as dull as I remember it...I might change my mind
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote: ah Rockoon and Ambient Monkeys...the ultimate!

;)
hmmm Canyon Dreams and Mota Atma... magnificent.

I tell you what though...'one day' I'll have to go back and listen to Mota Atma again and see if it's as dull as I remember it...I might change my mind
Andy, risk a listen to Mota Atma tonight, if you're brave enough.... bet you can't sit through the whole album, though..... shudders....

Just got Canyon Dreams yesterday.... way over-rated..... would rather listen to sequences that seem to go on forever than this. :wink:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Clicked on the link this morning for a quick glance through the responses and stayed for ages..... had to download it in the end.

Particularly like Bianca's replies to the questions but have found them all engrossing.

So Rubycon and Poland are tops... not what I chose but I think they're pretty darned good choices.

Great work Andy.

A fitting tribute to the Greatest band in the World.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Clicked on the link this morning for a quick glance through the responses and stayed for ages..... had to download it in the end.

Particularly like Bianca's replies to the questions but have found them all engrossing.

So Rubycon and Poland are tops... not what I chose but I think they're pretty darned good choices.

Great work Andy.

Cheers Chris. I loved Bianca's sense of humour as well.

the whole thing is available as a word file...if you ask for it!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Clicked on the link this morning for a quick glance through the responses and stayed for ages..... had to download it in the end.

Great work Andy.

The download looks very cool and it's only 300 KB.

....I promise to delete when I'm done.

....may take some time though. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:

Great work Andy.

The download looks very cool and it's only 300 KB.

....I promise to delete when I'm done.

....may take some time though. :wink:
do what you like with it Chris...strangely enough my word file is about 570K :)
timer

Post by timer »

Makes great reading Andy, well done .
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I'm still reading! Absolutely fascinating, and a good, healthy spread of views and opinions. It was very nice of Bianca to respond.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:I'm still reading! Absolutely fascinating, and a good, healthy spread of views and opinions. It was very nice of Bianca to respond.
I'm delighted that Bianca's comments have gone down so well. I think she's got a great sense of humour...and as she says, she does her best to keep 'the Viking' in good shape.
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: hmmm Canyon Dreams and Mota Atma... magnificent.

Andy, risk a listen to Mota Atma tonight, if you're brave enough.... bet you can't sit through the whole album, though..... shudders....

Just got Canyon Dreams yesterday.... way over-rated..... would rather listen to sequences that seem to go on forever than this. :wink:
I will go back and give it a spin soon(ish) Jason or rather whenever I have some time (the next week is going to be pretty busy...plus there's somethign happening at the end of next week (I forget what).

RE Canyon Dreams, perhaps I think it's better than you because I first saw it on video and then the soundtrack wasn't available for years. But tastes differ, as my previous Mota Atma comments show
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Nice work Andy I really enjoyed reading the posts from across the spectrum of fans .....Work well done mate !!!!

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
24db

Post by 24db »

Taximan431 wrote:Nice work Andy I really enjoyed reading the posts from across the spectrum of fans .....Work well done mate !!!!

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
Cheers Geoff.

I added some more responses to the questions tonight.

111 fans: 43,485 words :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:I've just started reading this and I'm thoroughly enjoying everybody's views. My only gripe is, it seems a shame that more of these fans aren't active on this forum. There are a lot of interesting opinions out there and this forum would be richer if they were aired here, on a more regular basis.

Hats off to Andy, for the dedication and time taken to produce a very valuable resource for all TD fans!
Forums are niche places, some like them, some never see the point, some loathe them...divide that niche into 3 or 4 smaller (and smaller) forums and I'm amazed anybody posts at all.
I understand some people are reticent. After all, it was Mrs. Hobo who actually enlisted me on the forum. I thought I didn't have anything to say, but as you've all discovered, I have rather too much to say! :wink:

Reticent is a good word, and it sometimes borders on apathy, but hey that's how some people are, it's down to every one to decide what being a fan means to them...some get involved and do as much as they can (like Colin and Chris): who I admire for ALL of their hard work I should add), whilst others buy all the back catalogue, see dozens of gigs but never get involved with the internet/message boards and forums. You can't say one or the other is the correct way, it's personal, just like appreciating music. If 'we' all went with the crowd, then chances are we wouldn't have even heard of TD in the first place.

One thing stands higher than anything else, find music you love...and then play it.