TD 40th anniversary: Questions

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:oh whatever you say, to you too :( :arrow:
Whats the problem? you have every right to your opinion.......like i said whatever you say mate :?
whatever you say mate :arrow:
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
timer

Post by timer »

Desert_Voyager wrote:The album, Summer in Negasaki is better than Rubycon.

Phaedra is way more pioneering than Rubycon. Nothing can change this fact. :P
I wonder if your opinion on Summer in NAgasaki, will be the same in 32 years time, it is a great CD but will it last the test of time?, personally I think most of TD surpasses time.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

timer wrote:

I wonder if your opinion on Summer in NAgasaki, will be the same in 32 years time, it is a great CD but will it last the test of time?, personally I think most of TD surpasses time.
I have appreciated Summer in Nagasaki so much to start with and in someways more on each subsequent listen. I find the music so powerful that it exceeds the heights of Encore which was previously my favourite album for most of the last 26 years. Summer in Nagasaki will likely remain a favourite or even the favourite of mine.

What about you? Has your favourite TD album always been your favourite and do you think it always will be?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:

I agree that "Summer in Nagasaki is a wonderful album" of that there is little doubt IMHO...........
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

As has been mentioned on this site on many occassions, TD's output has gone from strength to strength with each release since (IMHO) Jean D Arc.
Even further back to things like mar polaris.
But I tend to overkill new releases by constantly playing them over and over, Summer in Nagasaki was the first that I decided not to do this with, and can honestly say that Ive probably listened to it 5 times since it release.
Pheadra on the other hand I think is quite a poor album, a transition album between the experimentation of the early years, and TD finally finding their niche, which I believe to begin with the mightily owesome Rubycon.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Rubycon is certainly "Mighty" it amazes me the people who do refer to it as "The Mighty Rubycon" ive heard that said by people many times :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I think that the colossal title track of Phaedra is a masterpiece and that the sequencing and sounds effects are out of this world. I also think that Mysterious Semblance is amazingly atmospheric. I really can't think of any way that these failed compared to Rubycon. I do feel that Rubycon is abit too comfortable, and the sequences are abit too plodding. Although I rarely listen to Rubycon, I do still rate it very highly though :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:Rubycon is certainly "Mighty" it amazes me the people who do refer to it as "The Mighty Rubycon" ive heard that said by people many times :arrow:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Rubycon is certainly "Mighty" it amazes me the people who do refer to it as "The Mighty Rubycon" ive heard that said by people many times :arrow:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
:mrgreen: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Cheers dudes...I've got more than enough responses now
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

doing 6 and 8
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:doing 6 and 8
you and your cock-er-knee rhyming slang! ;)

Sheesh....103 TD fans....and about 6 of them can spell probably! ;)..another thing we all have in common I think :D
Last edited by 24db on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I dunno, I'm away from the forum for a couplt of days and then I come back to this :lol:

It's probably a bit unfair to expect our slightly younger posters here tp understand what the fuss about Phaedra and Rubycon actually is.

At the time of release, there was practically nothing quite like them, the other Electronic acts being far more conventional (except the talented showoff Keith Emerson) and the supremely talented but far more "straight laced" Rick Wakeman.

EVERY time I play Phaedra I get huge goose bumps all over, right from the first few seconds - a memory from the first listening all those years ago. I have to play each track all the way through and will prolong a car journey so I can hear the tracks' conclusions.

I'll concede that Rubycon was far more carefully rehearsed and compiled and that's what makes it THEE Mighty album it is - again, nothing quite like it at the time. I get a lovely warm fuzzy feeling listeng to this album and again, I can play it over and over and still find little things going on I hadn't appreciated before.

Of the other early(ish) releases, I'd say Mojave Plan from White Eagle, much of Logo's and bits of Poland get me going too - just a bit too "dangerous" to listen to casually.

I look forward to listening to the current releases post 'Madcaps.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:Pheadra on the other hand I think is quite a poor album, a transition album between the experimentation of the early years, and TD finally finding their niche, which I believe to begin with the mightily owesome Rubycon.
Funny that, I rate Phaedra way higher than Rubycon, although I suspect I may be in a minority there.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
timer

Post by timer »

Hobo wrote:
timer wrote:Pheadra on the other hand I think is quite a poor album, a transition album between the experimentation of the early years, and TD finally finding their niche, which I believe to begin with the mightily owesome Rubycon.
Funny that, I rate Phaedra way higher than Rubycon, although I suspect I may be in a minority there.
Each to their respectfull own Mate.