New Chris Franke CD...

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New Chris Franke CD...

Post by Jon »

Varese Sarabande will release Chris Franke's music from Babylon 5: The Lost Tales on July 24.

http://www.varesesarabande.com/upcoming.asp
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

sadly bm will not be undertaking a vigil on this release :cry:

unless of course it includes a bonus cd, cf's solo album from sometime in de 70's :roll: :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yawn yet more Babylon 5 music :roll:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

Great yet more of Chriszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz music...sorry, not for me
Chris Monk

Re: New Chris Franke CD...

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:Varese Sarabande will release Chris Franke's music from Babylon 5: The Lost Tales on July 24.

Heard a little bit of this on a video-clip of B5 - Lost Tales. It's ohh so very similar to the music he wrote for the original series, almost the same notes but in a slightly different order.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:Varese Sarabande will release Chris Franke's music from Babylon 5: The Lost Tales on July 24.

Heard a little bit of this on a video-clip of B5 - Lost Tales. It's ohh so very similar to the music he wrote for the original series, almost the same notes but in a slightly different order.
Purchased the soundtrack to Universal Soldier some years ago and was hugely disappointed. Have never yet gone near any of the Babylon stuff and have no plans to do so in the immediate century.....

It's a shame he's gone down this road musically IMHO :(
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:

I've only heard the Babylon 5 stuff in context and it does the job adequately. Not sure it would float my boat were I to hear it in isolation though.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ive got some Babylon 5 CDs here the one album is fine as its all merged into very long pieces but some of the others are rather painstaking to play to say the least...........Unless these tracks are of good quality and Length i will be giving it a miss :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

Schulze wrote: Purchased the soundtrack to Universal Soldier some years ago and was hugely disappointed. Have never yet gone near any of the Babylon stuff and have no plans to do so in the immediate century.....

It's a shame he's gone down this road musically IMHO :(
Don't let Universal Soldier put you off - the first B5 soundtrack is actually rather good in my opinion, even if the music didn't work terribly well as a score. The opposite is true of later efforts, where better-integrated incidentals are a bit dull when heard in isolation.

Dave
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Such a waste from a once talented individual :cry:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
timer

Post by timer »

alipaul wrote:Such a waste from a once talented individual :cry:
Couldn't agree more !
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the powerful lure of the hollow wood dollar, it doth dull and temper even the greatest talent.......

:arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

bigmoog wrote:the powerful lure of the hollow wood dollar, it doth dull and temper even the greatest talent.......

If this is the case BM its a real shame, as the London Concert & Pacific coast highway ,for me, showed great promise.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
bigmoog wrote:the powerful lure of the hollow wood dollar, it doth dull and temper even the greatest talent.......

If this is the case BM its a real shame, as the London Concert & Pacific coast highway ,for me, showed great promise.
Definite case of the lure of the $$$$$$$$$$$ & the Hollywood bright lights IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I really rate Pacific Coast Highway, enjoyed it immensely on its vinyl release.........then it was one hellova downhill sleigh ride to slush

IMHO, of course :arrow:

and I never expected album after album of 70s moog festivals......just engaging, sonic images created to enhance my listening pleasure, not boring bland ephemeral codswallop*

*OH SH*T, IM A GRIZZLY :shock: