Where are the fans ?

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Six By Nine wrote:I don't post here very often but do view it view it 2/3 times a week.

I must say I am always amazed at the depth of knowledge on here, for instance the track listing for the Astoria, I'd never have got such obscure tracks like Stormseekers!

However, I do find it a bit wearisome trying to catch up on a thread that
ends up with 3 pages of in jokes and innuendos between 2 or 3 members with nothing to do with the topic or even TD!

Whilst I wouldn't want to lose the banter, which can be quite entertaining can some of the chatter relocate to other more appropriate forums?

I have noted your views and those of jimi. However, I like the forum as it is, so feel free to skip past my posts.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Six By Nine wrote:However, I do find it a bit wearisome trying to catch up on a thread that
ends up with 3 pages of in jokes and innuendos between 2 or 3 members with nothing to do with the topic or even TD!

Whilst I wouldn't want to lose the banter, which can be quite entertaining can some of the chatter relocate to other more appropriate forums?
Thank goodness someone said it.... at last!
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Sorry I’m Lost Interest of Tangerine Dream.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Six By Nine wrote:However, I do find it a bit wearisome trying to catch up on a thread that

Thank goodness someone said it.... at last!

every single public forum on the web includes banter, information exchange, news, views and in jokes etc....its all part of the community of friends sharing a common interest. Find it all tiresome?....skip the posts you dont enjoy....easy enough....this forum is far better for the fun we all have discussing on and waaaay off topic stuff on TD, the Mighty TD.....thats why we are all here.....THE MUSIC......(and if you were down thee pub....you wouldn't just discuss one subject.....) :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Sorry I’m Lost Interest of Tangerine Dream.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

epsilon75 wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:Sorry I’m Lost Interest of Tangerine Dream.

I was Just Kidding About that Epsilon 75.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
24db

Post by 24db »

[quote="bigmoog] if you were down thee pub....you wouldn't just discuss one subject.....) :D[/quote]

you've obviously never been down the pub with me then :P
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:[quote="bigmoog] if you were down thee pub....you wouldn't just discuss one subject.....) :D
you've obviously never been down the pub with me then :P[/quote][/quote]

well, one can only discuss TD for so long before touching on other subjects, what those subjects are though, I dunno :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:[quote="bigmoog] if you were down thee pub....you wouldn't just discuss one subject.....) :D

well, one can only discuss TD for so long before touching on other subjects, what those subjects are though, I dunno :arrow:[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Whelk Stalls!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

oh yes Whelk Stalls, he was a great guitarist I seem to recall, bit shy but came out of his shell on stage :arrow:
Janus

Post by Janus »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

well, one can only discuss TD for so long before touching on other subjects, what those subjects are though, I dunno :arrow:

Whelk Stalls!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
A whelk stall in this sense is a small booth or stand from which one does trade (as in market stall). A whelk stall is therefore one that sells whelks, a whelk being some unfortunate marine mollusc that's used as a foodstuff in Europe. They're a traditional feature in the UK, and whelk stalls can be found here to this day in the UK, mainly in seaside towns. I have no idea how the whelks they sell are prepared for eating, but having tried one once, I can confirm that they taste like gritty bits of soft rubber pickled in strong vinegar. A whelk stall is also liable to offer cockles and mussels for sale, and maybe prawns and jellied eels as well.

Figuratively a whelk stall can also mean a very small and humble commercial enterprise that therefore should be extremely simple to operate and run - there's a dismissive British expression "he's not even fit to run a whelk stall" that's frequently used to this day. This seems allegedly to have been coined by Winston Churchill who, when attacking the opposition during a Parliamentiary debate, stated that they "were not fit to manage a whelk stall".

The demise in popularity of the traditional whelk in fact came about during the mid 80's UK tour by the legendary synth pioneers TANGERINE DREAM whilst at the coastal resort of Brighton. Prior to the doors of The Pavillion opening for the evenings performance fans waiting outside discussed the topic of Whelks vs the buying of certain TD merchandise...the rest is history :oops: :wink: :arrow:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:oh yes Whelk Stalls, he was a great guitarist I seem to recall, bit shy but came out of his shell on stage :arrow:
:shock: :? :shock: :? Broadmoor Beckons :arrow: :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

colin, I think the mix of sun, dalinian landscapes, nuns, paella to the max, vino, beer and phlegmenco guitarists has caused thee BM to go a bit wibble :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:colin, I think the mix of sun, dalinian landscapes, nuns, paella to the max, vino, beer and phlegmenco guitarists has caused thee BM to go a bit wibble :arrow:
You sure there was no Morrocan in that Paella :shock: :wink: :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:colin, I think the mix of sun, dalinian landscapes, nuns, paella to the max, vino, beer and phlegmenco guitarists has caused thee BM to go a bit wibble :arrow:
You sure there was no Morrocan in that Paella :shock: :wink: :arrow:

not sure, but there was a morrocan something sitting on me lap in thee niteclub we went to on saturday nite.......and she weren't no lady :shock: