All time classic track (persuade the band to perform it)

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:yes, we all have seen these reviews

but any way

http://www.vintageprog.com/fff2.htm

ef is god :arrow:
To royal BM :D The review says it all 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Just Listening to NGC 891....................Sublime 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

I don't agree with this review...but that's how it is:

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... t-eon.html
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

aha,,,,,I remember this review,,,,,,,,NME.......in 77-78 and especially up to around 80-84 was just far too PC and shoe gazing....and 'trend' following the post punk era.. :roll:

I preferred sounds :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I don't agree with this review...but that's how it is:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:aha,,,,,I remember this review,,,,,,,,NME.......in 77-78 and especially up to around 80-84 was just far too PC and shoe gazing....and 'trend' following the post punk era.. :roll:

I preferred sounds :arrow:
around 80-81 I bought them all..sad really
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

from : http://fp.nightfall.fr/index_1056_edgar ... -ages.html

3 out of 5, and far better than NME's

some good reviews of TD as well.

and thee inglish translation :

Interesting disc and rather talkative, a double album in epoch, which gives information to us about the part taken by Edgar Froese in the animation of Tangerine Dream, at the end of key period, that of big successes with universal vocation, between 1974 and 1978.Edgar has already produced two solos albums, in which sound research and creation of original ambiences takes a big place ("Aqua" and « Epsilon in malaysian Pale »). It adopts here a more linear and more discursive mode, in which melodies play a bigger role,but epochs more or less historical ("Ages ") remain simple, hitting with force of the clean atmosphere to represent us which he reveals us by small keys like a painter. they close eyes, they are allowed to hit by the stains of sound light and they find fast pictures corresponding to titles, very expressive: after "Metropolis" in homage to Fritz Lang, and his mechanical repetitions,the stage in memory of serfhood inlays us with nagging blows of whisks, the very classical piano blends in with brulantes tablecloths of synthés under the heat wave of the Tropic of the Capricorn.

It leaves so of all disc, up to confrontation, contained violence, between the conquistador Pizarro, going to gold and glory, and king inca Atahualpa, represented by the acoustical guitar..What they do not find, it is the rhythmic floods of the sequencers of that is particularly very fond Chris Franke, as well as certain existent village and romantic ambiences of Peter Baumann.

It is definitely of the pure Froese, even if it made sure the services of Klaus Krieger (one other close of Tangerine Dream) to instill more life into percussions. Besides the battery, the usage of the traditional instruments is rejected in no way. Especially keyboards besides, with particularly a long resumption in the piano of the introduction of second left "Ricochet", notes for note, then developed to lock cold and moist atmosphere of "Tropic of Capricorn" after a nagging kickoff. It is the longest piece, dilated over twenty one minutes. The noise of wavelets cools a little after the labored beginning, synthés rises in ropes, with sounds of light brasses in the background, and the heat haze brings us the echoes of a fragment

The electrical guitar, note aigues, stretched and plaintive, apparait finally and represent "Icarus" in his try despaired to rouse itself of charm of the Earth in a long snaky solo cousin of efforts produced in concert by Froese in epoch (see the American tour engraved on "Still "). The nights of the women robots remain a little cryptic, but Edgar finds interesting sounds, between oboe and brasses, with some almost epic flights of fancy. The shortest title, "Children' s deeper Study" seems the most anecdotal, a line of low monotonous, some synthetic ropes for ambience and a ritournelle on a kind of high-pitched electrical piano. Other sounds still, with a light exotic impression Arabist, finds always dominated by Mellotron and another simple and nice melody. The album ends on the most successful and strongest impression, this overpowering ascent of Andes by pitiless Francisco Pizarro

tribal and insignificant percussions riffs of electrical guitar, intermezzo on an acoustical guitar Hispanicist (a roof space) who speaks in the name of incas and whom force of progress, therefore synthesizers, pervade inexorably.

Less powerful, less rich than with other members of the group, Edgar Froese, watch nonetheless whom he searches in numerous directions, can illustrate a big variety of inspirations and present of the original finds without degrading the musicality rather classical which guides it.

French is not my forte

:arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:anyone got any press ads for ZEIT?
nope...plenty for Atem and AC (this from Melody Maker...bless 'em!):

bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D

andy, thanks for that 8) , a real blast from the past :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote::D

andy, thanks for that 8) , a real blast from the past :arrow:
Np Jon...those old adverts are cool :)

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I remember that bloke top class twat i hope he's bed ridden stinking of pee :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:

I remember that bloke top class twat i hope he's bed ridden stinking of pee :shock:
lol...don't sit on the fence daz! ;)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:

I know bit strong i know but i loathe music journos
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:
alipaul wrote: I remember that bloke top class twat i hope he's bed ridden stinking of pee :shock:
I know bit strong i know but i loathe music journos
You are not on your own where Grizzlies are concerned Daz......some of those people are a sad breed :evil: