Tangerine Dream Perfomances in 2018

tdfan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Tangerine Dream Perfomances in 2018

Post by tdfan »

Insvims wrote:Also looking forward to Thåström at Way Out West. :)
The TD concert with the sound quality of Thåström would have been a true dream.

The concert started great with Hoshiko's violin but already on the second song, Dolpin dance, all I could hear was that damn bass for the entire song, almost no details or melody lines. On some of the other songs the sound was a complete mess. The hanging loudspeakers were trembling to the point I expected them to come crashing down. What saved the gig was the beginning and the improv at the end. Also some nice visuals.

So unfortunately this was the least enjoyable of the five TD concerts I have visited. But still worth going to.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Someone posted a clip of Madagasmala performed at Way Out West, Sweden.

https://youtu.be/TI4bPPdt0J8

Listen to the sound from 8:00 and forward. Of course recording on a mobile phone amplifies the problems somewhat but the sound was a mess. TD's beautiful music deserves better than this!

How was the sound at the concerts in Norway and Finland?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdfan wrote:Someone posted a clip of Madagasmala performed at Way Out West, Sweden.

https://youtu.be/TI4bPPdt0J8

Listen to the sound from 8:00 and forward. Of course recording on a mobile phone amplifies the problems somewhat but the sound was a mess. TD's beautiful music deserves better than this!

How was the sound at the concerts in Norway and Finland?
Totally different experience here. We stood up front (row 3 or something), and the sound was very good! It makes no sense at all to have a cell phone recording to prove the sound was bad. That is of course only limitations of the recording device. But it is strange you had bad sound where you stood, because everything was fine with me. It was another great experience, in a very nice tent stage. Too short of course. Only one hour, and the improvisation had to be aborted due to time restrictions.
The show in Oslo was better though, all in all. It was 15 minutes longer, and it was later at night. The tent stage in Oslo was packed. My guess is 3000 people, which is amazing! Who would have thought? It was even more hard bass throughout the show in Oslo, and the setlist a bit stronger. But I am very glad I got the opportunity to see both of these amazing events! Only wish I could go to Finland as well.
Really well done in Scandinavia TD! :D

Can anyone help complete this setlist from Sweden:

Love On A Real Train
Dolphin Dance
Madagasmala
Stratosfear (2018 version)
Gothenburg In August (Improvisation, circa 12-15 minutes)

There were one or two more tracks played, that we quite could not remember the titles for. I would appreciate if you could help.

Here is the setlist for Oslo, as far as we could remember:

Tangram (2018)
Betrayal (Sorcerer Theme)
Love On A Real Train
It Is Time to Leave When Everyone Is Dancing
Roll the Seven Twice
Stratosfear (2018 version)
Oslo By Night (Improvisation, circa 35 minutes)
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I was standing at the very front. The video doesn't prove anything but if you listen you will hear pretty much how I experienced it. Good at times, got you into the mood and then suddenly a total mess that broke the spell.
Can anyone help complete this setlist from Sweden
Stranger Things cover and some track from Quantum Gate?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdfan wrote:I was standing at the very front. The video doesn't prove anything but if you listen you will hear pretty much how I experienced it. Good at times, got you into the mood and then suddenly a total mess that broke the spell.
Can anyone help complete this setlist from Sweden
Stranger Things cover and some track from Quantum Gate?
Yes! Stranger Things it was. I have updated setlist.fm. I think it was one more track played. So far listed as "Unknown" on setlist.fm. :-)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tangerin ... 8b1d9.html
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

TEST

I had no glue TD visitesd Helsinki! I live 1 km away!
Last edited by 71 dB on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Forum working badly for me.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I head today TD visited Flow. Had no glue. Funny. So close!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

71 dB wrote:I head today TD visited Flow. Had no glue. Funny. So close!
What!? How is it possible to miss this? I was about to ask if you could help me with the setlist from Helsinki. Oh my, what a lost opportunity! Doesn't you follow the forum or the TD newsletters or The Zest or anything? The concert has been announced for weeks.
I attended both the Norwegian and the Swedish concerts. Amazing shows! Especially the one in Oslo. Would have gone to Helsinki as well, if I had more freetime.
Can anyone help with the setlist from Helsinki? The setlists from Oslo and Gothenburg are on setlist.fm already.
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Dear All,

More than 100 000 people have seen the last concerrt in streaming (DEKMANTEL FESTIVAL AMSTERDAM and OSLO)

The Europen Tangerine Dream Tour is a huge success (with new Young fans !!)

You can see here "Tangram 2018" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w09OXLqYlA

Please support Tangerine Dream, buy their last record here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w09OXLqYlA
François from Paris
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Insvims wrote:
71 dB wrote:I head today TD visited Flow. Had no glue. Funny. So close!
What!? How is it possible to miss this? I was about to ask if you could help me with the setlist from Helsinki. Oh my, what a lost opportunity! Doesn't you follow the forum or the TD newsletters or The Zest or anything? The concert has been announced for weeks.
I attended both the Norwegian and the Swedish concerts. Amazing shows! Especially the one in Oslo. Would have gone to Helsinki as well, if I had more freetime.
Can anyone help with the setlist from Helsinki? The setlists from Oslo and Gothenburg are on setlist.fm already.
I haven't been following TD much lately and never believed they would visit Finland.
My mother died in May so my thoughts have been elsewhere. I don't go to concerts.
I have been to a concert like once in my life and it was a classical music concert (Elgar's elaborated 3rd symphony).
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

By the way,

why are setlists important and how do you get them?
Do they give papers with the setlist in the concert?
As I don't go to concerts I don't know this stuff.
I'm an winner making stupid questions.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

71 dB wrote:By the way,

Sorry about your mum. Understand you have other things in mind.
Why are setlists important? Well, as a huge fan of a band I am personally always interested in knowing what my favorites are playing at different shows. Setlist.fm is a great and funny site to use and follow.
How we get the setlists? If you are at a concert you hear the songs, of course. We have created the setlists from the Norwegian and Swedish concerts from memory. And as TD are playing different sets each night on this tour, it is very interesting to know what they play elsewhere (for example in Finland).
I am a concert goer, and the TD concert in Sweden was actually my 798th concert. Reached 800 concerts yesterday after seeing Roger Waters in Oslo. :)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Tangerine Dream at Flow Festival 2018, Helsinki Finland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0KP3WqRTI
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Insvims wrote:
71 dB wrote:By the way,

Sorry about your mum. Understand you have other things in mind.
Why are setlists important? Well, as a huge fan of a band I am personally always interested in knowing what my favorites are playing at different shows. Setlist.fm is a great and funny site to use and follow.
How we get the setlists? If you are at a concert you hear the songs, of course. We have created the setlists from the Norwegian and Swedish concerts from memory. And as TD are playing different sets each night on this tour, it is very interesting to know what they play elsewhere (for example in Finland).
I am a concert goer, and the TD concert in Sweden was actually my 798th concert. Reached 800 concerts yesterday after seeing Roger Waters in Oslo. :)
I have to say I would not remember the tracks if I was in a concert, well maybe 50 %. That's my memory… …I don't even remember the names of most TD tracks, so many of them and I'm lazy to memorize them.

Well done with the concerts. Will be a celevration when you reach 1000!