Tangerine Dream Perfomances in 2018

fgourlot
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Tangerine Dream Perfomances in 2018

Post by fgourlot »

For all fans,

The Elbphilharmonie concert is sold out !!!!

A message from Thorsten Quaeschning saturday in Facebook :

" Hello Facebook
Tangerine Dream
7th February 2018
Elbphilharmonie / Hamburg / Germany
SOLD OUT (after 27 days)
Thank you very much! "
François from Paris
ant

Post by ant »

:) There is an article in the Hamburger Abendblatt regarding the Elbphilharmonie gig etc. Have managed to get a reasonable translation into English. :)
Biggus Dickus
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Dear Fans,

The link to the article in the Hamburger Abendblatt about the Elbphilharmonie concert (in german langiage) : https://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/a ... erfen.html

It will be an great concert !!!

... the best way now to prepare yourself to the next Tangerine Dream Elbphilharmonie concert is to buy the next TD Album "Quantum Gate" : some compositions of the Quantum Gate album wouldl be played during this concert !!

Quantum Gate as annonced by Tangerine Dream will be released on September 29th.

You can buy one of the limited signed Quantum Gate albums (there are 221 available today ..) ,exclusive merchandise and bundle offerings (T-shirts ...) :

ttp://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tangerine- ... antum-gate
François from Paris
Ger-TD-Fan

Post by Ger-TD-Fan »

And now the 2nd concert in Germany, Dresden at 14 April 2018 (http://www.eventim.de and search for Tangerine Dream)
ant

Post by ant »

:D When are we going to see them in the UK again???? A big fan base in the UK and we are missing out!! :roll:
Biggus Dickus
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

I think TD management should have organised a TD concert in the UK a long time ago. (2016)
Now they are far too late for an "In memory and say goodbye fans" tour

3 years after Edgars passing, and still no concert date in London .....
Thats very disapointing :cry:

Peter
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

pb2rdf wrote:I think TD management should have organised a TD concert in the UK a long time ago. (2016)
Now they are far too late for an "In memory and say goodbye fans" tour

3 years after Edgars passing, and still no concert date in London .....
Thats very disapointing :cry:

Peter
Same for the USA, but I think that right now they are minding their nickels and dimes ... to make sure they can survive in decent fashion, figuring that the sales would drop dramatically without Edgar Froese there.

I won't quite cry over it, since I did see them at the Santa Monica Civic their first time here, and then just later at the Greek Theater (the picture on the live album of the trees on fire set of shows), and later on during Tangram, not sure where, and then in Portland in the later 80's. I would not have minded catching this latest version, but I think the cost would be prohibitive, and a place in Portland like the Arlene Schnitzler Hall is the only place for them, and probably too expensive ... if it doesn't sell out. The logistics for the show and its setup alone, though is the part that is scariest of all ... it's not like they are all travelling with guitar case, they can plug in anywhere!

NY is the weirdest and craziest ... that no one has gone out and done something, which kinda suggests that Annie Goes to Get Her Gun is a better and more valuable show financially ... my last trump'ism for the week! :P
ant

Post by ant »

:D Only 3 weeks to go now. Really looking forward to it. :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I am ready for the Elbphilharmonie! :D
Hope there will be a new Cupdisc or something on sale.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Anyone know where to meet TD fans before the concert in Hamburg next week? Something arranged?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Tomorrow is the day. Finally! Can't wait to see Tangerine Dream at the great Elbphilharmonie. In my group we are five people travelling from Norway, and I know about a couple of others from here as well that are travelling. Hope to see many TD fans around the concert place tomorrow. Where to meet up for a few drinks? Enjoy your travel and concert, wherever you are coming from! :D :mrgreen: :D
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Enjoy Hamburg , that stunning venue and especially the gig 8)

Alex’s ? bar and restaurant down overlooking the city centre lake is some place if you get the chance.

Full report required when you get home :D .
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Back from Hamburg. An amazing concert. Excellent setlist, and beautifully performed for a great audience in a spectacular concert hall. Bianca opened the show with a short speech. Then the music started, and I was once again transported to another world. Beautiful compositions and arrangements throughout the concert. It all ended, as expected, with a new long improvised session. I already look forward to the next opportunity for me to see TD live.
After the show it was a meet and greet in the merchandise stall. I did not attend, although it would have been great to talk to Thorsten and Hoshiko again, and maybe to Ulrich and Bianca for the first time. I bought the new Sessions II double CD that went on sale the same day as the concert. Have not heard it yet, but will put that on immediately after I have posted this. I did not see any film cameras in the venue, so it will probably not be released on DVD. A shame, since the hall was so spectacular. But we can hope that the concert was recorded for a CD release.
I took a few photos. I have made four of them available here (hope the shared album folder is working): https://photos.app.goo.gl/uzLZzjWYUPITu7en1

Here is the setlist for the concert:

Mothers Of Rain
Dolphin Dance
Mirage Of Reality
Sorcerer Theme
Love On A Real Train
Sensing Elements
It's Time To Leave When Everyone Is Dancing
Tangram (Excerpt)
White Eagle
Roll The Seven Twice
Horizon
Cloudburst Flight
Darkness Veiling The Night
10:05 pm Session - Hanseatic Harbour Lights
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Thanks for the story there Insvims. Great stuff.

Your last photo in particular is superb. Edgar’s image above the band. Really something special there.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Great show in the Elbphilharmonie, with a moving moment in memory of Edgar. Included a very good improvised 'Session' at the end which hopefully will appear on Sessions 3!! was nice to meet Bianca and the band after the show too. The hall was amazing. Now looking forward to the Union Chapel gig on 23rd April. :D
Biggus Dickus