tangerine dream fans uk

barry morse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

tangerine dream fans uk

Post by barry morse »

we must be overdue a concert in the uk so we could pay our respects to edgar :( so come on it about time,barry :)
Davesax1965

Re: tangerine dream fans uk

Post by Davesax1965 »

If I can find some local musicians, that might just happen.

I've got a self built modular synthesizer and a shed load of analogue synths. My brother has much the same setup. Personally, I've got six sequencers - the entire setup is based around what Tangerine Dream were using on Ricochet.

You won't get Tangerine Dream, but you will get a 1970's style analogue synth band in the same vein. Sort of "Redshift" style.

Don't wait up, though. No one around here improvises.

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Davesax1965 wrote:If I can find some local musicians, that might just happen.

I've got a self built modular synthesizer and a shed load of analogue synths. My brother has much the same setup. Personally, I've got six sequencers - the entire setup is based around what Tangerine Dream were using on Ricochet.

You won't get Tangerine Dream, but you will get a 1970's style analogue synth band in the same vein. Sort of "Redshift" style.

Don't wait up, though. No one around here improvises.

I presume he means a concert by the "new" Tangerine Dream line-up, NOT a tribute concert.

And I think Air Sculpture and radio massacre international (and the "new" Tangerine Dream for that matter) would argue against your "no one around here improvises" comment. ;)
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: ...
I presume he means a concert by the "new" Tangerine Dream line-up, NOT a tribute concert.

And I think Air Sculpture and radio massacre international (and the "new" Tangerine Dream for that matter) would argue against your "no one around here improvises" comment. ;)
I think, maybe I'm dreaming, that the combination of the two would be nice ... give some local musicians a chance to grow and work as well, while also adding to the history and effect of that particular music scene.

Improvising, these days, at least around here in Portland, OR, is just not something that is enjoyed or appreciated, and Seattle is much the same way ... a bit traditional in that they like some of their stuff, and the rest is all country music, and second rate rock music. Seattle, at least, gets King Crimson, and it's sold out, but Portland? Nothing ... even Return to Forever a few years back, played in Eugene, not Portland, which ought to tell you what kind of tastes this place has. Roger Waters does play here and that is likely due to Roger being good friends with Paul Allen ... so he gets a homecoming!

After that, even the Mt. Hood Jazz Festival is for the traditional material and rarely will you see any experimenting or different folks ... so someone feeling like the world does not enjoy improvising on the synthesizer, is not surprising to me ... it's just sad ... any kind of improvising really!

The whole thing has become way too commercialized ... and we need more big names to help spread new music ... not just fashion the same old stuff in a new brown shoe!
Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

Yep, I mean "no one around here improvises". Ie here being Macclesfield / Manchester.

I just mention this having been playing for 40 years. Improvising musicians are almost impossible to find. They've been replaced by an entire generation of tab players. One of my friends has been running a band for 13 years, and deviating even slightly from a song has left every single bassist they've used looking at the floor in utter confusion.

Excuse me if I didn't clarify - "Tangerine Dream STYLE band", ie, using the same equipment (as near as possible) as TD did in about 1974-5.

The closest analogy I could get to is Redshift.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Davesax1965 wrote:Yep, I mean "no one around here improvises". Ie here being Macclesfield / Manchester.

I just mention this having been playing for 40 years. Improvising musicians are almost impossible to find. They've been replaced by an entire generation of tab players. One of my friends has been running a band for 13 years, and deviating even slightly from a song has left every single bassist they've used looking at the floor in utter confusion.

Excuse me if I didn't clarify - "Tangerine Dream STYLE band", ie, using the same equipment (as near as possible) as TD did in about 1974-5.

The closest analogy I could get to is Redshift.
what is the band, so we may check out grooves ? ;)
Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

Of course, sorry !!

This is "Brotherhood of the Machine". Here's a 37 minute (yep) track from an old album.

"Hin und Zuruck" - basically a long train ride through Cold War Europe. Also described as "The whirling dhervishes day out on the moon".

https://brotherhoodofthemachine.bandcam ... d-zuruck-3
Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

Some idea of gear. This is all home built, well. Most of it.

Original 1960's audio generators as well. ;-)

This is about half my keyboard setup. My brother has a similar amount of kit. And since we're multi instrumentalists, there's all the saxes and guitars and basses and flutes..... :-)
Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

If you can't see any of those pics, try this link -

http://davesax1965.imgur.com/all/
Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

Davesax1965

Post by Davesax1965 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Thanks for all those links. Will check 'em out :) :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Davesax1965 wrote:If you can't see any of those pics, try this link -

http://davesax1965.imgur.com/all/

imgurs says "there's nothing to see here" :(
barry morse

Post by barry morse »

Yes I do mean the new line up it would be nice to see them in the UK,barry