Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Hipgnosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Edgar and TD - the Force Majeure autobiography

Post by Hipgnosis »

tdfan wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote: BTW, what 29th September were they talking about? This year, or next decade, or next incarnation perhaps?
It is important not to rush things.
Cheap philosophy in my book!

It may sound OK for a wine, but then ... for music ... that's another story, right?

The only sad thing, and this is on an internal/psychic and conceptual level, is how a person that so much appreciated improvisation and how it helped shape and design so much music, in the end ... his "____________" (use your own words) is nowhere near that kind of free form and experimental nature.

Maybe the music in TD was not that improvised? I kinda doubt it, specially in the first days when the controls of the equipment simply were not there ... although now, with the new TD all on patches and such ... I kinda think that the ability to space out and die with the music, is long gone. I hope the over work on the book, is not killing the recipe for the soup, entrée and then desert ... yeah ... I'm overthinking all this ... but feeling lonely these days waiting for a book ... sometimes, imperfection is the secret to it all ... and was what created the band we love!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Hipgnosis wrote:
tdfan wrote:
projekt-elektronik wrote: BTW, what 29th September were they talking about? This year, or next decade, or next incarnation perhaps?
It is important not to rush things.
Cheap philosophy in my book!

It may sound OK for a wine, but then ... for music ... that's another story, right?

The only sad thing, and this is on an internal/psychic and conceptual level, is how a person that so much appreciated improvisation and how it helped shape and design so much music, in the end ... his "____________" (use your own words) is nowhere near that kind of free form and experimental nature.

Maybe the music in TD was not that improvised? I kinda doubt it, specially in the first days when the controls of the equipment simply were not there ... although now, with the new TD all on patches and such ... I kinda think that the ability to space out and die with the music, is long gone. I hope the over work on the book, is not killing the recipe for the soup, entrée and then desert ... yeah ... I'm overthinking all this ... but feeling lonely these days waiting for a book ... sometimes, imperfection is the secret to it all ... and was what created the band we love!
Why, the book IS out! It was released on September the 29 (as promised, after several delays), and is probably soon on the way to all of us who pre-ordered.
Check this link:
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.no/2017/09 ... jeure.html
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Insvims wrote: ...
Why, the book IS out! It was released on September the 29 (as promised, after several delays), and is probably soon on the way to all of us who pre-ordered.
Check this link:
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.no/2017/09 ... jeure.html
Weird ... haven't seen a line on it on the website yet ... still looking!!!!

But, yeah, something to look forward to ... my hands are shaking as I type!
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

The biography is out now !!

See the Picture here send by Tangerine Dream Team :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
François from Paris
hansx

Post by hansx »

fgourlot wrote:The biography is out now !!

See the Picture here send by Tangerine Dream Team :

See how long it takes before it will arrive in house the Kruis.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Did you notice they have raised the price of the book to € 69.90.
I got tired of waiting and asked for a refund back in october 2015.

Still glad it finally was released and don't mind paying the higher price + Light Flux CD if it is good. I will await your verdicts.
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

hansx wrote:
fgourlot wrote:The biography is out now !!

See how long it takes before it will arrive in house the Kruis.
I'm scouring my mailbox every hour on the hour, now ... from Germany to the US ... I imagine that the turtle telegraph could not be as fast as Bugs Bunny ... but who knows ... for punishment and crying, I'll be the last one to receive the book!

:wink:
ant

Post by ant »

:( My understanding was that the release date for the book was now going to be October. I have not heard anything to say it actually was released on 29th Sep!! It is possible that the German version may get an earlier release to the English version, for obvious reasons, but then that would be a bit unfair on those awaiting the English version. :(
Biggus Dickus
dgb1

Post by dgb1 »

ant wrote::( My understanding was that the release date for the book was now going to be October. I have not heard anything to say it actually was released on 29th Sep!! It is possible that the German version may get an earlier release to the English version, for obvious reasons, but then that would be a bit unfair on those awaiting the English version. :(
About a month ago I got an email from Eastgate to say that the release party was going ahead on 30th Sept.
Here is the text of the email...

Hi Folks,
In July we already informed you that we are going to have a book release party on 30 September 2017 in Berlin. Now we would like to inform you on the location:

BALLHAUS RIXDORF
MARMORBAR, 7:30 pm
Kottbusser Damm 76
10967 Berlin

Finally Edgar's Autobiography FORCE MAJEURE about the band TANGERINE DREAM will be released and we are all very happy about it!
Bianca Froese-Acquaye and Paul Bonin (translator of the book and musician himself)
will read some exciting passages from the book (in German & English) in the relaxed atmosphere
of the Marble Bar at Ballhaus Rixdorf.

More information, please read here: http://www.bianca-froese-acquaye.com/news/

PS: Please send an email to eastgate-book-party@gmx.com if you like to join, registration is needed due to limited space.

Hope to see some of you in Berlin,
best regards,
EB (ADMIN)
www.tangerinedream-music.com

Hope this helps....

David
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

The biographyis out !!!

Join us. Buy it !!!

(I hope to receive my tws biography in the next days - English and German issue) !!!
François from Paris
dgb1

Post by dgb1 »

Has anybody got their copy yet?

David
Jon

Post by Jon »

dgb1 wrote:Has anybody got their copy yet?

David
Someone at The Zest said it would ship today from Berlin.

Let's see...
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

News from The Zest Blog :

http://thezest-2010.blogspot.fr/

"'TANGERINE DREAM - FORCE MAJEURE' the Edgar Froese autobiography - shipped. NB due to the large amount of Books and CDs that need to be posted (over 3,500) it will take the entire month to send these out to fans. "
François from Paris
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Jon wrote:

David

Let's see...
The 10th ... and still no book!

This is worse than a Stephen King piece of not good!

Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Hipgnosis wrote:
Jon wrote:

David

Let's see...
The 10th ... and still no book!

This is worse than a Stephen King piece of not good!

First, what does Stephen King has to do with anything? He always delivers his great books on time.

Secondly, Eastgate have informed us that they will need a couple of weeks to send out all the orders. They are a small company, and the orders are several thousand. What does a couple of more weeks matter? The important thing is that the book is out, and soon on the way.