Conrad Schnitzler in and on TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Conrad Schnitzler in and on TD

Post by 24db »

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... dream.html

I've always found Conrads' music very interesting, even though it can vary from complete rubbish to complete genius with a minute or two (just my opinion). Any thoughts?
battema

Post by battema »

I like his stuff, definitely a mixed bag though. Electronegativity and Constellations are two of my favorites from him.

The complete interview in the Wire is rather good. He is definitely an odd fellow.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

We are on a par with Beefheart here.....................Upon the My oh MY :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

battema wrote:I like his stuff, definitely a mixed bag though. Electronegativity and Constellations are two of my favorites from him.

The complete interview in the Wire is rather good. He is definitely an odd fellow.
Well Conrad 'comes at music' from a different angle to most, he's a totally untrained musician, infact he describes himself as a non-musician. His music is more ART than emotional, but it's always very interesting and experimental. His stuff deserves a wider audience...but having said that it's a bit like saying more kids should eat snails rather than icecream ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Conrad Schnitzler freaks me out, but his musical approach is very inspiring for person with my abilities, and I can really recommend the two albums called Conal and Tracks From The Ivory Tower (MP3 Album 01 on this link: http://tibprod.com/albums.htm )
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Conrad Schnitzler freaks me out, but his musical approach is very inspiring for person with my abilities, and I can really recommend the two albums called Conal and Tracks From The Ivory Tower (MP3 Album 01 on this link: http://tibprod.com/albums.htm )
Downloaded them some time ago....good stuff. I'd recommend Conrad's stuff to anybody (including people I don't like ;))
Rico

Post by Rico »

Conrad's definately on my 2007 list.

What he did under Tangerine Dream is pretty much objectively pronounced for the kraut/experimental phase discussions.
24db

Post by 24db »

Rico wrote:Conrad's definately on my 2007 list.

What he did under Tangerine Dream is pretty much objectively pronounced for the kraut/experimental phase discussions.
Yep, anybody that annoys Klaus Schulze with his electronics is ok in my book ;)
Rico

Post by Rico »

24db wrote:
Rico wrote:Conrad's definately on my 2007 list.

Yep, anybody that annoys Klaus Schulze with his electronics is ok in my book ;)
well Schulze annoyed himself the TD gang then, with his Irrlicht and Cybord masterpieces... :wink:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Does anyone know Herr Schnitzler's view on TD, after he left?
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Does anyone know Herr Schnitzler's view on TD, after he left?
he think's it's sh*t pardon my French
Rico

Post by Rico »

24db wrote:
rmfao. :o
24db

Post by 24db »

Rico wrote:
24db wrote:
rmfao. :o
that's a word for word quote btw

More 'wise' words on TD from Conrad

I don't have anything to do with this [band]. That's Soft-Music, [played] till you have to puke - that's not my kind of material. It's just Pop Music and no art - MOR for everyone. In the final analysis they work with the same feelings as pop singers. Let them have their feelings, but then they shouldn't pretend that it's art. I don't like that. Soft Music appeals to the lowest instincts of the human being.
Rico

Post by Rico »

:x

Conrad's gonna get hard time with me listening to him then. :P
24db

Post by 24db »

Rico wrote::x

Conrad's gonna get hard time with me listening to him then. :P
http://www.thesoundprojector.com/exc_sp2_conrad.html