Johannes Schmoelling: a thousand times

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

The more I hear it, the more I like it. 2010 is rather short, but I already have my favourit album of the year. :)
Thomas Mc Nulty

Johannes Schmoelling : a Thousand Times

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

I'll add my voice te the sentiment that it is a great album, especially the title track. Mine's is a signed & dedicated copy also, thanks to Corad gibbons
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Listened to this again today. It's a great recording. More please JS.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Listening to it ATM :D :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

My fave of all Johannes albums.. Love it .
rigel

Post by rigel »

I also love this album. My favourite pieces are "Monochrome", "Abacus", "Funeral Tears", and "A Thousand Times (reprise)". Just one criticism, however. The track "Stigma" suffers from some distortion in places due to a mastering fault (amazed nobody picked up on this before the cd was released!?!). Otherwise, it's another excellent album by Johannes Schmoelling, in my opinion even better than "Instant City".
timer

Post by timer »

rigel wrote:I also love this album. My favourite pieces are "Monochrome", "Abacus", "Funeral Tears", and "A Thousand Times (reprise)". Just one criticism, however. The track "Stigma" suffers from some distortion in places due to a mastering fault (amazed nobody picked up on this before the cd was released!?!). Otherwise, it's another excellent album by Johannes Schmoelling, in my opinion even better than "Instant City".
Welcome to the forum Rigel . 8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

rigel wrote:I also love this album. My favourite pieces are "Monochrome", "Abacus", "Funeral Tears", and "A Thousand Times (reprise)". Just one criticism, however. The track "Stigma" suffers from some distortion in places due to a mastering fault (amazed nobody picked up on this before the cd was released!?!). Otherwise, it's another excellent album by Johannes Schmoelling, in my opinion even better than "Instant City".
I noticed the distortion while listening on phones. I thought it was there deliberatly. :o
rigel

Post by rigel »

Thank you, timer. :)

Good to see that so many people appreciate "A Thousand Times". Actually I wonder if anyone here can help me identify the source of the piano refrain on "Monochrome". I recognise the sequencer line as being from the opening part of Tangram, but trying to work out where the piano melody comes from has me stumped. I'm sure it's a variation on a piece from either an old TD or maybe a Schmoelling solo album. I keep thinking "this should be obvious" :oops: but can't identify the source. Please put me out of my misery!
timer

Post by timer »

rigel wrote:Thank you, timer. :)

Good to see that so many people appreciate "A Thousand Times". Actually I wonder if anyone here can help me identify the source of the piano refrain on "Monochrome". I recognise the sequencer line as being from the opening part of Tangram, but trying to work out where the piano melody comes from has me stumped. I'm sure it's a variation on a piece from either an old TD or maybe a Schmoelling solo album. I keep thinking "this should be obvious" :oops: but can't identify the source. Please put me out of my misery!

The Piano lines in Monochrome are unfamiliar to me - maybe some one else can Identify .
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

timer wrote:
rigel wrote:Thank you, timer. :)

The Piano lines in Monochrome are unfamiliar to me - maybe some one else can Identify .
:D :D Possibly a Tangram out-take, or a variation on an "eisenbrunnen" theme, from his live '80's piano solos :idea: :?: :roll: :wink: :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

Ron to the rescue ! 8)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

timer wrote:Ron to the rescue ! 8)
:D :D And counting down to the RAH, mate. 8) :wink: :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

prophetfive wrote:
Look forward to seeing you both again mate ! 8)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

timer wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
Look forward to seeing you both again mate ! 8)
:D :D Are we having snow proof TDBA jackets for this gig :idea: :roll: :wink: :arrow: