Yes

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:Bit more info on the possibility of a new group involving Anderson and Wakeman on Rick's homepage:

There has been much rumour and speculation about what Jon Anderson and myself are up to and other ex YES members have also been mentioned.

What I can say is that Jon and I will be performing some shows later in the year, probably in the last two weeks of October in a short tour entitled The Anderson Wakeman Project.

There will be some new music in the shows as well which Jon and I are currently putting together.

As regards the other rumours that are coming back to me at regular intervals, at this juncture, all I can really say is that “there is no smoke without fire” and if the discussions that Jon and I have had recently come to fruition, which I think are extremely likely, then next year is going to be potentially mind-blowing ……now that should set the tongues wagging for sure!

On Sunday 14th I will be doing the one man evening at Buxton Opera House, which is one of my all time favourite theatres in England.
Went to see them on the last joint tour and they were brilliant,this time they also have a backing band so will be making extra effort to attend :D 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Bit more info on the possibility of a new group involving Anderson and Wakeman on Rick's homepage:

There has been much rumour and speculation about what Jon Anderson and myself are up to and other ex YES members have also been mentioned.

What I can say is that Jon and I will be performing some shows later in the year, probably in the last two weeks of October in a short tour entitled The Anderson Wakeman Project.

There will be some new music in the shows as well which Jon and I are currently putting together.

As regards the other rumours that are coming back to me at regular intervals, at this juncture, all I can really say is that “there is no smoke without fire” and if the discussions that Jon and I have had recently come to fruition, which I think are extremely likely, then next year is going to be potentially mind-blowing ……now that should set the tongues wagging for sure!

On Sunday 14th I will be doing the one man evening at Buxton Opera House, which is one of my all time favourite theatres in England.
Went to see them on the last joint tour and they were brilliant,this time they also have a backing band so will be making extra effort to attend :D 8)
Hopefully I'll be able to see them too. Apparently last time was 2006. Where does the time go?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

This is sounding great 8) Good luck to Rick and Jon with these projects !
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:

This is sounding great 8) Good luck to Rick and Jon with these projects !
you can say that. This is well-promising. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:This is well-promising. :)
Got to say I'm more excited about this than a new Yes album.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:This is well-promising. :)
Got to say I'm more excited about this than a new Yes album.
hmm, I am excited about every new activity of Yes. Doesn't matter if it is a new album or a concert. :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

Good news for the Yes fans this year. A new cd in a few months. And a tour in november. In GB and the rest of Europe. already have tickets for the Dutch concert. again without Anderson and Wakeman. Pity, but on the other hand the previous concert showed that Benoit and son Wakeman were good alternatives.
har

Post by har »

I was just thinking coming home there that I rely on HansX for my Yesnews and hey presto I have some :wink:

Cheers Hans, REALLY looking forward to a new studio album, Cant wait.

Got the Living Tree a wee while back - Anderson/Wakeman very nice, even my wife likes it :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Good news for the Yes fans this year. A new cd in a few months. And a tour in november. In GB and the rest of Europe. already have tickets for the Dutch concert. again without Anderson and Wakeman. Pity, but on the other hand the previous concert showed that Benoit and son Wakeman were good alternatives.
Yep. Got my tickets a couple of weeks back. It's going to be a bit of a family outing to the Colston Hall in Bristol. Both my brothers, some of their sons and me. Shame we have to wait till November.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Again some troubles as I read the news. Geof Downes replaced Oliver Wakeman. The new cd has or will be produced by Trevor Horn. So, another 90125????????????

Here an official statement about the coming tour.
April 6, 2011—The world's most quintessential prog-rock band YES joins forces with multi-platinum rock band STYX for a summer tour extravaganza. These two monster rock bands will embark on a 22-city summer tour starting July 4th and concluding August 3rd in Mountain View, CA. Tickets will go on sale starting the weekend of April 8th.

YES—The Legendary, Grammy® Award winning prog-rock band that has defined many a generation -- will be on tour in support of their new album FLY FROM HERE on Frontiers Records releasing July 12th.

YES features a lineup of guitarist Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and lead singer Benoit David. YES will be reuniting with keyboard player Geoff Downes for this tour.

STYX--Tommy Shaw (vocals, guitars), James “JY” Young (vocals, guitars), Lawrence Gowan (vocals, keyboards), Todd Sucherman (drums) and Ricky Phillips (bass), along with the occasional surprise appearance by original bassist Chuck Panozzo—has an unmistakable sound all their own, and they continue to prove that they’re one of the hardest working bands in the music world thanks to a vigorous tour schedule that keeps them constantly on the road all across the globe.

“We are excited to have STYX on tour with us. I consider them to be in the vein of YES and the cutting edge of prog-rock in America,” says YES founder/bassist Chris Squire.

"When I first heard YES, I knew that the music world was forever changed,” says STYX singer/guitarist Tommy Shaw. “They took progressive rock to a place that had never been expressed in such an impressive yet accessible way. Who among you didn't make it a point to learn the acoustic guitar intro to ‘Roundabout?’ We're very excited to tour with them for the very first time."

FLY FROM HERE is the first album YES has recorded for close to a decade and was produced by the legendary Trevor Horn in the spirit that YES was founded. The return of Horn along with the Maestro’s that make up YES has brought back the fluid freedom that their music’s ingenuity is best known for. YES holds a shrewd insight and creative vision that challenges audiences as they stretch the boundaries of music.

STYX is currently putting the finishing touches on REGENERATION, VOLUME 2, the follow-up to 2010’s seven-song EP, REGENERATION, VOLUME 1, which contains six newly re-recorded classics--"Come Sail Away,” "Crystal Ball," "Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man),” “Lorelei,” “The Grand Illusion” and “Sing For The Day”—and a brand new track, “Difference In The World.” The track listing for REGENERATION, VOLUME 2 is: “Renegade,” “Blue Collar Man,” “Too Much Time On My Hands,” “Queen of Spades,” “Coming Of Age” (Damn Yankees), “High Enough” (Damn Yankees), “Snowblind,” “Miss America.” Both volumes will be available for sale at every stop along the tour route.

YES’ performance will feature the title track from their new album FLY FROM HERE as well as the hugely successful and indelible catalogue of music from hit albums such as DRAMA, FRAGILE, CLOSE TO THE EDGE and 90125. Classics such as “Roundabout,” a seminal hit which consistently appears on “the best songs of all-time” lists, and the group’s #1 hit “Owner of a Lonely Heart” are sure to be featured for an evening of music not to be missed.

YES’ remarkable career has served to re-define the boundaries of rock for more than four decades, YES has played the role as a dominant driving music force selling over 30 million albums, reaching platinum status multiple times worldwide. Their symphonic use of sound and innovative musical styles have made each of the group’s player’s a virtuoso in his own right.

Spawned from a suburban Chicago basement in the early ‘70s, STYX would eventually transform into the virtual arena rock prototype by the late '70s and early '80s, due to a fondness for big rockers and soaring power ballads. Over the course of their 38-year career they’ve released 15 studio albums, 6 best-of compilations and 4 live albums, garnering 8 Top Ten singles. STYX has sold over 30 million albums worldwide. Throughout their illustrious career, they’ve performed more live shows since 1999 than all of the previous years of its career combined. Two Super-Bowl appearances, Pollstar box office chart-topping tours with Def Leppard, Journey, Boston, REO Speedwagon and Bad Company (to name only a few), two more studio albums and no end in sight, STYX continues to conquer the planet, one venue at a time.

Visit the tour page for a complete list of dates.

Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yikes!

I've been caught in a time warp and it's 1980 all over again. Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn involved in Yes again. Hopefully the live shows won't end with the audience booing.

Actually I'm a little bit miffed. I bought a ticket to see Yes expecting Oliver Wakeman to be the keyboard player and not that thrilled to see Geoff Downes. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have bothered. I bet they won't give me my money back.

Worse than that is that it appears that Oliver was unceremoniously dumped from the band.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:Yikes!

I've been caught in a time warp and it's 1980 all over again. Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn involved in Yes again. Hopefully the live shows won't end with the audience booing.

Actually I'm a little bit miffed. I bought a ticket to see Yes expecting Oliver Wakeman to be the keyboard player and not that thrilled to see Geoff Downes. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have bothered. I bet they won't give me my money back.

Worse than that is that it appears that Oliver was unceremoniously dumped from the band.
Heh heh !

Reminds me of when me and some friends went to see Yes in Manchester on that Drama tour. On the way, one of my mates said "they better not play that bl**dy Radio Star song".
Lo and behold, part way through the concert, the opening few notes of said tune were played. From my right hand side came a loud bellow of "F***ck offffffffff !!".
My mate turned to me and said "told you they shouldn't have played that"

These were in the great days when you could get to Manchester and back by train, returning on the midnight slow train via Kidsgrove, Longport, Etruria etc.
Can't be done now sadly. Last train is something like 9.30 pm :roll:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Yikes!

Heh heh !

Reminds me of when me and some friends went to see Yes in Manchester on that Drama tour. On the way, one of my mates said "they better not play that bl**dy Radio Star song".
Lo and behold, part way through the concert, the opening few notes of said tune were played. From my right hand side came a loud bellow of "F***ck offffffffff !!".
My mate turned to me and said "told you they shouldn't have played that"

These were in the great days when you could get to Manchester and back by train, returning on the midnight slow train via Kidsgrove, Longport, Etruria etc.
Can't be done now sadly. Last train is something like 9.30 pm :roll:
We saw Yes at the Bristol Hippodrome on that tour. Sad to say it didn't go down too well with the audience. There was a lot of booing and fans calling out for Anderson and Wakeman. It didn't help that Trevor Horn clearly couldn't hit any of Anderson's high notes and Chris Squire didn't help things by playing an interminable version of Amazing Grace.

After the show we met Steve Howe who was very nice. My brother said "Steve Howe is behind you" and I embarrassed myself by looking straight over the top of his head and saying "I can't see Steve Howe". I hadn't realised he was such a tiny bloke.

As we left the Hippodrome we were almost knocked over by a big black 4x4 driven by Chris Squire. He didn't look like he was in the best of moods.

It all seems like a lifetime ago.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:It all seems like a lifetime ago.
Ain't that the truth....... :(
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Will buy the new CD!