Yes

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:"The Gates of Delirium" is the best piece of progressive rock Yes ever made and "Relayer" still remains my favorite album.

This tour is the first i miss since 1997, without JA the master craftsman i just can not bring myself to go but, i know the all round musicianship will still be outstanding :arrow:
if you still have a chance to go, go for it. You won't be disappointed.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Any other fans of UNION here?

If you don't like it, don't bother posting, I've seen enough negative remarks about this album elsewhere... :roll:

I'm currently interviewing Jonathan Elias, I asked him about the production of Union.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Jon wrote:Any other fans of UNION here?

If you don't like it, don't bother posting, I've seen enough negative remarks about this album elsewhere... :roll:

I'm currently interviewing Jonathan Elias, I asked him about the production of Union.
Not a fan, but it wasn't a bad album. Only could be much better with such a great bunch of musicians gathered together.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

hansx wrote:

Not a fan, but it wasn't a bad album. Only could be much better with such a great bunch of musicians gathered together.
There are some good songs included but too many poor ones to rate the album. I haven't played the album in a long time. IMO the worst Yes album.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:

I quite like it. It's two fairly decent albums shoe-horned together and it's not a great fit. Having said that there are some great songs and if they'd spent a bit more time on it I reckon it could have been a classic. I suspect that it's not popular with the fans because it reeks of compromise and record company politics.

The shows from the subsequent tour were outstanding. Once again they were recorded but none of the material has seen the light of day. Too many people and too many personalities involved.
DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter »

Saw them last night in Hammersmith. It was my 9th Yes gig (including 2 ABWH in that) and it was one of the best. Great great band and Howe is sounding better now than he has in years (IMO of course)
hansx

Post by hansx »

DarkMatter wrote:Saw them last night in Hammersmith. It was my 9th Yes gig (including 2 ABWH in that) and it was one of the best. Great great band and Howe is sounding better now than he has in years (IMO of course)
No, I think you are right. Howe is better than he was in years. It also looks if he is playing faster than some years ago. I have seen about a dozen concerts throughout the Yeshistory and this certainly one of the best since the Symphonyconcerts. I was than in Amsterdam where the dvd was also recorded. That is still my favourit.
timer

Post by timer »

Interview with Chris Squire in todays The Sun newspaper
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Finally got to see Yes at the Colston Hall in Bristol. Despite my reservations about Jon Anderson not being present on this tour, the band played an awesome show that went down a storm with the audience.

As others have already stated Steve Howe is playing with more energy than he has in years and we even got a "hell yeah!!!" from him at one point. It's clear that he considers Bristol with some affection, lord knows why, they heckled the band back in 1980.

Benoit David sang a not perfect show, even if he did get the occasional word wrong. He's obviously really enjoying himself but was always very respectful to the songs and the audience seem to latch on to this.

Chris Squire and Alan White played their socks off and like Steve appeared to be having more fun than they've had in ages.

Best of all though was Oliver Wakeman who is a real chip of the old block and may even out-performed the old man last night. Rick should be proud.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Some rumours about YES.:
Squire has talked most about plans for a new album. In a 14 Jan 2010 interview, he described how "Steve [Howe] and myself got together with Oliver Wakeman" in "September/October-ish". They exchanged "CDs of potential new album ideas". He went on to say that "I'll be working on those [...] this month [Jan 2010]", that the band will "discuss them some more" in Feb while on tour, and be "working on an album" in Feb/Mar. Squire was reluctant to be drawn on how the long the album would take, discussing how these things can take more or less time, but he talked of taking a "good shot at it" in Mar-May and of given the project a "good shot of energy in the spring". (Note that Howe has some touring commitments Mar-Aug.) He concluded a new album "may be ready for the end of the year, may be ready earlier than that". Asked about writing an album without Anderson and about the lyrics in particular, Squire replied, "I'm a lyricist too". In another US radio interview that month, Squire said that the band would be going into the studio "after this leg of the tour". He again described how, in Sep/Oct 2009, he, Howe and O. Wakeman "started to prepare ideas" and "made up CDs of ideas for a new album". He went on to say, "We're working on sorting them out right now." In an early Feb 2010 interview, asked about a new studio album, Squire said, "Absolutely, this year. That's where my attention is going to be." In a 9 Feb interview, Squire said:

The new line-up started putting some music together last year and I expect to go into the studio after we finish the tour[.] It will be the first YES album since 'Drama' without Jon, but I guarantee listeners will be surprised. Benoit is terrific.
And a quote from Jon Andersons facebook:
In Jan 2010, Anderson said on his Facebook page:

just to be clear...I won't be singing with the YES band for now, they decided to carry on with Benoit, it was their choice, I did suggest I was ready, but the guys just weren't interested, they said maybe this year we could get together, but I'm not holding my breath....I love YES and love the Music I helped create, th...at's all I can say for now.......

He appear to have removed the message later the same month.
har

Post by har »

Very sad reading that Hans , although it is good there may be a new album.

Sounds like JA is being shat on from a great height. Chris Squire is one of my favourite musicians of all time but I think he is doing the dirty here, big time.

:?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

har wrote:Very sad reading that Hans , although it is good there may be a new album.

Sounds like JA is being shat on from a great height. Chris Squire is one of my favourite musicians of all time but I think he is doing the dirty here, big time.

Spot on Har..........needless to say i will NOT be purchasing the album but each to their own.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
har

Post by har »

epsilon75 wrote:
har wrote:Very sad reading that Hans , although it is good there may be a new album.

Spot on Har..........needless to say i will NOT be purchasing the album but each to their own.
I feel like that also tbh. However I would find it difficult to NOT purchase a Yes album. That would be a first. I will see what happens. Not happy though.
hansx

Post by hansx »

har wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I feel like that also tbh. However I would find it difficult to NOT purchase a Yes album. That would be a first. I will see what happens. Not happy though.
Indeed, every cd will be bought. Drama was also without JA and RW.
But it was a good one, however it took some time to see that. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Tough one this. I loved Drama, although the band were a bit of a shambles in concert, but feel this is different. With Drama Jon and Rick had left the band, with this Jon has be forced out of the band. Going to have to think long and hard about this one.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda