Yes

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Jon »

I think it's interesting that Trevor Horn will produce the new Yes album. I really like parts of Big Generator (1987). Owner Of A Lonely Heart is of course a classic too.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:I think it's interesting that Trevor Horn will produce the new Yes album. I really like parts of Big Generator (1987). Owner Of A Lonely Heart is of course a classic too.
Big Generator is a much underrated Yes album IMO. I much prefer it to Talk.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:I think it's interesting that Trevor Horn will produce the new Yes album. I really like parts of Big Generator (1987). Owner Of A Lonely Heart is of course a classic too.
Big Generator is a much underrated Yes album IMO. I much prefer it to Talk.
Really love the Big Generator album. Final Eyes, I'm Running, Shoot High, Aim Low... and others.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Yikes!

I've been caught in a time warp and it's 1980 all over again. Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn involved in Yes again. Hopefully the live shows won't end with the audience booing.

Actually I'm a little bit miffed. I bought a ticket to see Yes expecting Oliver Wakeman to be the keyboard player and not that thrilled to see Geoff Downes. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have bothered. I bet they won't give me my money back.

Worse than that is that it appears that Oliver was unceremoniously dumped from the band.
I am not very fond of it either. But who knows, maybe Downes disappeared when it is November. I shouldn't be surprised.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:

I've been caught in a time warp and it's 1980 all over again. Geoff Downes and Trevor Horn involved in Yes again. Hopefully the live shows won't end with the audience booing.

Actually I'm a little bit miffed. I bought a ticket to see Yes expecting Oliver Wakeman to be the keyboard player and not that thrilled to see Geoff Downes. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have bothered. I bet they won't give me my money back.

Worse than that is that it appears that Oliver was unceremoniously dumped from the band.
I am not very fond of it either. But who knows, maybe Downes disappeared when it is November. I shouldn't be surprised.
Lots of comments about this on Yesfans. Some people think that Geoff Downes won't play in the UK. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:

Lots of comments about this on Yesfans. Some people think that Geoff Downes won't play in the UK. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
Have the same feeling. Guess he won't be there in November and Wakeman again on keyboards then. Am very curious to the new albun, wonder if it will be a new 90125.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: I am not very fond of it either. But who knows, maybe Downes disappeared when it is November. I shouldn't be surprised.
Have the same feeling. Guess he won't be there in November and Wakeman again on keyboards then. Am very curious to the new albun, wonder if it will be a new 90125.
I have a live recording of We Can Fly From Here somewhere so I'm not so hopeful. It's mediocre to say the least.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Lots of comments about this on Yesfans. Some people think that Geoff Downes won't play in the UK. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.
I have a live recording of We Can Fly From Here somewhere so I'm not so hopeful. It's mediocre to say the least.
Well, wait and see. I guess.In July we know more. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Have the same feeling. Guess he won't be there in November and Wakeman again on keyboards then. Am very curious to the new albun, wonder if it will be a new 90125.
Well, wait and see. I guess.In July we know more. :)
Well I suppose they have had 31 years to improve on it. :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Tracklist:

1. Fly From Here - Overture
2. Fly From Here - Pt I - We Can Fly
3. Fly From Here - Pt II - Sad Night At The Airfield
4. Fly From Here - Pt III - Madman At The Screens
5. Fly From Here - Pt IV - Bumpy Ride
6. Fly From Here - Pt V - We Can Fly
7. The Man You Always Wanted Me To Be
8. Life On A Film Set
9. Hour Of Need
10. Solitaire
11. Into The Storm
12. Dvd-25 Mins. Documentary "making Of '' The Album
13. "We Can Fly'' Videoclip
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:Image

Tracklist:

8. Life On A Film Set
9. Hour Of Need
10. Solitaire
11. Into The Storm
Wow. Not seen that. It's not even on their homepage.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
Insvims wrote:Image

Tracklist:

8. Life On A Film Set
9. Hour Of Need
10. Solitaire
11. Into The Storm
Wow. Not seen that. It's not even on their homepage.
Yeah, Yes is going modern with a lot things. Twitter, facebook etc. But put a decent picture of the coming cd on the site is not in question.
:(

But a really fantastic cover. A beauty. Hear and read very good thing about the cd. Will fo course pre-order the cd/dvd after the weekedn
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

It's on there now :wink:

http://www.yesworld.com/

Large-scale on facebook: very nice cover. hopefully a good booklet too.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 021&type=1
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:It's on there now :wink:

You can't go far wrong with a Roger Dean painting. Even if the album is complete tosh you've still got an excellent album cover. :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:It's on there now :wink:

You can't go far wrong with a Roger Dean painting. Even if the album is complete tosh you've still got an excellent album cover. :wink:
True. Pity they're mainly confined to poxy CDs these days though.
But I did have an email from CDs which advertised a vinyl LP version
@ £15.49 (as well as a deluxe box set with CD/DVD/Vinyl LP/Lithograph/Poster/T-Shirt all for £60.00 )

But I have half an eye on the Pink Floyd Immersion boxes for DSOTM and WYWH. Which run to around £100 apiece :shock:

And on my part-time wages that's a hell of a chunk.
Wonder how harsh the penalty would be If i missed a mortgage payment ? :lol: