My best ebay purchase

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

My best ebay purchase

Post by cantosis »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Never expected to get this for less then £50. I have been after thi s for months. 8)
epsilon75

Re: My best ebay purchase

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Never expected to get this for less then £50. I have been after thi s for months. 8)
You have not done to badly there,these are becoming pretty scarce now 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:

yeh seen a couple on amazon but wanted over 100 quid for it. can you remember how much this set went for when it came out, I cant remember?

I do like the TD boxsets. 8)
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

yeh seen a couple on amazon but wanted over 100 quid for it. can you remember how much this set went for when it came out, I cant remember?

I think I paid 40 Euros for mine, which I bought at one of the Jeanne d'Arc concerts in 2005.
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

j_pertou wrote:
cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: You have not done to badly there,these are becoming pretty scarce now 8)

I think I paid 40 Euros for mine, which I bought at one of the Jeanne d'Arc concerts in 2005.
Got mine from Groove not long after it was released but can not remember the exact price but it was not cheap at any outlets.
Last edited by epsilon75 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Mine was 30 € at the TDi shop in 2003.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Im still searching on ebay for an ex USSR submarine :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I paid £45 from the Virgin in Glasgow when it was a decent shop...sadly those days are long gone..E bay is IMHO a great place to search out items that are rare ..but it can be expensive.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

bigmoog wrote:Im still searching on ebay for an ex USSR submarine :arrow:
My best Ebay experience was how I got my hi fi setup. I was playing with some bids on a set of Cary Audio amplifiers.

http://www.caryaudio.com/products/classic/CAD300SE.html

These are amazing amps that cost $5000 (10 years ago), way beyond what I normally would ever pay for. Yet I put a few bids in, trying to see what the minimum bid was. An audio dealer was the seller.

Turned out that $2500 was the minimum bid. I had that bid but did not think it possible that it would stand so I forgot about it for several days.

After the weekend, I got an email saying that I had WON the amps!! opps....I didnt even tell the wife about it! Now i just spent $2500! I"m dead!

I called the dealer and he was speechless that the price was so low. He told me he was getting calls since the end of the auction with offers that were $1000 more. I had my chance to bail out! But I didnt. This was my ONLY chance to own such wonderful gear so, being young, I bought 'em on a credit card. I got these new amps at a 50% discount! The sound they produced was spectacular. Glorious. Pure beauty.

Ironically, today I am going to try to sell them. With the move to China imminent for me and my family, it makes no sense to own them anymore. I dont want to store them for 5 years or more. So time to sell. Farewell old friends.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

TheMan wrote:
My best Ebay experience was how I got my hi fi setup. I was playing with some bids on a set of Cary Audio amplifiers.

These are amazing amps that cost $5000 (10 years ago), way beyond what I normally would ever pay for. Yet I put a few bids in, trying to see what the minimum bid was. An audio dealer was the seller.

Turned out that $2500 was the minimum bid. I had that bid but did not think it possible that it would stand so I forgot about it for several days.

After the weekend, I got an email saying that I had WON the amps!! opps....I didnt even tell the wife about it! Now i just spent $2500! I"m dead!

I called the dealer and he was speechless that the price was so low. He told me he was getting calls since the end of the auction with offers that were $1000 more. I had my chance to bail out! But I didnt. This was my ONLY chance to own such wonderful gear so, being young, I bought 'em on a credit card. I got these new amps at a 50% discount! The sound they produced was spectacular. Glorious. Pure beauty.

Ironically, today I am going to try to sell them. With the move to China imminent for me and my family, it makes no sense to own them anymore. I dont want to store them for 5 years or more. So time to sell. Farewell old friends.

tom, you will be able to replace these awesome amps, once you are established in China.....the chinese are making some wonderful Tube Gear these days!!
...The wise.....are silent.....
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

bigmoog wrote:
TheMan wrote:

tom, you will be able to replace these awesome amps, once you are established in China.....the chinese are making some wonderful Tube Gear these days!!
Very very true, although they havent yet matched the fit and finish of Cary gear. I doubt i'll get any serious hi fi stuff there as it cannot be taken back home when I leave, whenever that is.

My budget it aimed at traveling while in Asia. I intend to hit just about every country over there. Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Japan....all targets for visits!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I just managed to bag me a stunning little set of mini separates for My Kitchen. They're Denon - CD player, cassette deck, mini disc and tuner-amp, all beautifully finished in brushed metal pale gold, mint condition.
The owner reckoned it was close to £1,000 new.

I paid: £80 - cash on pick-up.

Well chuffed - and they sound surprisingly good too. :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

billythefish wrote:I just managed to bag me a stunning little set of mini separates for My Kitchen. They're Denon - CD player, cassette deck, mini disc and tuner-amp, all beautifully finished in brushed metal pale gold, mint condition.
The owner reckoned it was close to £1,000 new.

I paid: £80 - cash on pick-up.

Well chuffed - and they sound surprisingly good too. :D
Outstanding. Lets see some photos of this gear. Denon stuff tends to be beautiful.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Finally got Neptunes from ebay and for only £3. bargain 8)
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

my best ebay purchase was the Peter Baumann "Trans Harmonic Nights" CD for 7 euros. The CD and booklet was in absolutely new condition. I had the luck to see it when it was newly listed and bought it with the "buy it now" button.