What format are you usually listening to?

Usually listening to...

CD
50%
Vinyl
13%
MP3 or other digital media
38%

Total votes: 24

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

What format are you usually listening to?

Post by Insvims »

Seems like a lot of people here like vinyl. I could not care less about vinyl. That is something used for floors in my world. It is about 18 years since the last time I played a vinyl record (although I have recently heard a couple of them when visiting a friend who still buys vinyl).
I only buy CDs. And yes, I buy them, although I rarely listen to them after converting to mp3s (there you have my ansver for the poll already, hehe).
So... what do you usually listen to?

PS. I don't ask you what you prefer, but what you use the most.

:)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

CD these days. Very minimal vinyl left now after 1000 were sold a few years back :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Voted for CD but at least one LP gets a spin her everyday.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

All the above err except Vinyl :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

never even had my Turntable wired up since the day I got it...probably never will now...no speakers!
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

I would play more vinyl if I had a full automatic turntable, but I use it several times during the week, and mostly the weekend. Recently my Kitaro LP's had several rotations :oops:
The sound of LP's is very good.

I have an MP3 player, but I don't like it much. Used it a lot for listening to podcast for some time
And streaming music on my computer is even rarer. Suddenly sounds pops when you visit a homepage, or the computer has too many applications running it causes drop outs in the music. In short there are too many distractions (of sounds) when I play music on my computer.

I miss the tape solution in the poll. I mostly never use my tape deck, but I recorded a LOT of great tapes for years (including live concerts from radio), and sometime dig them out. I have 400. I carefully wrote all track titles by hand to most of the tapes, so I know what's on them (yes, this was before people complained by some CD's incompatibility with iTunes).
The digital files I've found worthwhile have all been burned to CDR.

But I play CD's the most. I bring along with me ten discs when I'm travelling - and my discman. CD's is for me, the best invention for digital music. And despite they are an old invention, they aren't outdated as some say. They are also extremely easy to handle.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

j_pertou wrote:...And streaming music on my computer is even rarer.

(...)

I miss the tape solution in the poll.
I don't like streaming (as from the web). But I have loaded all my CD's into my media library on my PC, I listen from the PC most of the time then. Connected to my stereo system. No problem for me. I have disabled sounds from MSN etc. But I agree that sounds from web sites is annoying. I hate web sites with automatic sounds! (including the TD site).

Hehe, I thought about the tape solution, but I cannot think that anyone still uses that the most. And that was the question: What format do you use the most. :)
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Well, I'm currently trawling through many old favourite LP's and enjoying the music very much, but CD still gets my vote for TD and general EM listening.

Auto turntables Jacob? There are hundreds of good "Dual" turntables from the seventies (especially this decade for the best ones IMO) available in central Europe which are built solidly, perform beautifully, many spares can be obtained (including the infamous "steurer pimpel" which is the only bit that usually wears) AND THEY MAKE LP'S SOUND GOOD!!!!!!!!!! I use one myself still :)

I'd especially like to give a good shout to TD's remastering techniques. Mostly, the early recordings have come to life when "done" this way and I dearly wish the "Manor" recordings could be tweaked a little the way Atem was.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

iPod, all the way. I have the largest iPod made, the 160 gig'er and its ALL EM. Virtually ever TD album I own is on there in lossless format, plus about 40-50 FAX albums in MP4 format. Plus 30-40 other EM musicians. All told, 24 days, 14 hours, and 34 minutes of music. Amazing what you can put in your pocket in today's world.

I touch a CD only when I load it onto the computer. After that, they get archived. I use the iPod to feed my stereo or have the head phones on when I'm mobile.

Love that iPod.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

CD 98 % of the time. The rest 2 % is digital media.
24db

Post by 24db »

CDs and then Mp3's
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

I would guess 70% vinyl - 30% CD/DVD-A :)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

CD's - 30%
mP3's - 70%
Vinyl - 0%

A year ago it was CD-90% and mP3-10%. But after getting the iPod classic, it gets used everywhere. Have it connected to my truck reciever and home system too. Even when I'm outside using the boombox.

Been thinking of buying one of those record players that has the usb connection for the computer. I have a little over a hundred albums left. Like CJ, I sold around 700 albums back in 1983. Needed the $$ back then. I would like to buy some Peter Baumann albums. Most of his stuff is on albums looks like. If I ever come across Baumanns records then I'll have to buy the usb re cord player. Till then its iPod mP3's. :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

MP3
In my car, drive at least 2:30 hour a day in my car, and my car radio can contain 10GB of MP3 files at its HD.
And it has a USB connector, so why should I use a CD 8).
And when I'm working with my PC.

CD mostly used to convert it to MP3 :D

Peter
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I’m Still Using my Portable Mini Disc player device still working.
My portable CD Player I’m Still using too
If give out on me I’ll Replace a New one for me it the same Model from Sony walkman.

:!: :arrow: