Looking back at: Ricochet

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Looking back at: Ricochet

Post by 24db »

I can't say enough how good Ricochet is (so I won't), more than enough nonsense has been written about it over the years. So just sit back and listen to TD at their very, very best ;)
epsilon75

Re: Looking back at: Ricochet

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:I can't say enough how good Ricochet is (so I won't), more than enough nonsense has been written about it over the years. So just sit back and listen to TD at their very, very best ;)
A very very good album of that i must agree,the TD of that time were producing some truly awesome "Live" music 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:I can't say enough how good Ricochet is (so I won't), more than enough nonsense has been written about it over the years. So just sit back and listen to TD at their very, very best ;)
A very very good album of that i must agree,the TD of that time were producing some truly awesome "Live" music 8)
Still doing some great "live" albums now mate :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Still doing some great "live" albums now mate :D
The London Eye box proves that,its a cracker :) :D
timer

Post by timer »

Ricochet - what needs to be said ? Fantastic document of the early'ish tours - a regulary played CD here 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:Ricochet - what needs to be said ? Fantastic document of the early'ish tours - a regulary played CD here 8)
great hand played sequences as well. I've been told that Edgar played some of these in the studio
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Ricochet is definitely TD at their best. Especially Ricochet part II is unbelievable! The energy and innovation that is 15 years ahead of it's time. TD's first TRUE masterpiece that blows Phaedra and Rubycon out of the water. :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:
Ricochet is definitely TD at their best. Especially Ricochet part II is unbelievable! The energy and innovation that is 15 years ahead of it's time. TD's first TRUE masterpiece that blows Phaedra and Rubycon out of the water. :lol:
it's a class piece of music, from the opening claps/footsteps (virgin you are i-diots for leaving that off the last CD!!!!!!!!), through the mellotron flute, with it's snaps, emotional piano, the best sequencer ever. I would never say it blows anything out of the water (bar TD copyists)...it's a progression, TD had moved on, and so had their equipment. The group had nearly everything at their finger tips...wall to wall analog, but altered so the oscillators didn't drift, Roland's first drum machine, Mellotrons with self recorded tapes, sequencers that could be chained together into compositions and...an early sampler
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

A CLASSIC MASTERPIECE of WORK.

My favorite Album of all time.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
24db

Post by 24db »

tdream4ever wrote:A CLASSIC MASTERPIECE of WORK.

My favorite Album of all time.
no arguments from me :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

71 dB wrote:
Not for me is does not :)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
71 dB wrote:
:?: :?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tdream4ever wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
71 dB wrote: Ricochet is definitely TD at their best. Especially Ricochet part II is unbelievable! The energy and innovation that is 15 years ahead of it's time. TD's first TRUE masterpiece that blows Phaedra and Rubycon out of the water. :lol:
:?: :?
Blows Phaedra and Richochet out of the water David,IMO not but we all have our favorites....................
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

A lots been made of it's recording.

Is it Live or isn't it?

Who gives a monkeys. Just sit back and listen. Whatever it's origins it's still a great album. Not my favourite but good all the same.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Majestic
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache