MP3 Download Updates - CHANDRA & DUSSMANN LIVE

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

MP3 Download Updates - CHANDRA & DUSSMANN LIVE

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys

and especially for our American friends who want
to save postage:

We updated our download section (MP3s) and added:

CHANDRA - The Phantom Ferry Part I

and the

TD Live @ DUSSMANN Concert from 30 May 2009 in Berlin!

http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/download/

Enjoy the music,
regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
Last edited by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
24db

Post by 24db »

good stuff EB!
timer

Post by timer »

What a bargain price for the Dussman show 8)
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

timer wrote:What a bargain price for the Dussman show 8)
You're right, timer, but we thought it's just a one hour concert....strange enough for TD:-).....so enjoy!

Regards,
EB
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
timer

Post by timer »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
You're right, timer, but we thought it's just a one hour concert....strange enough for TD:-).....so enjoy!

Regards,
EB
Still a Bargain when a full (60 minute) CD from HMV costs up to £15 ! :shock:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nice job EB :) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Nice, but I have a question:

Why are so many of the live downloads not divided into separate songs? I had a hard time trying to figure out how to separate all the songs when I downloaded The Epsilon Journey. No way that I will have MP3s consisting of more than one song. There are several reasons for this. And this issue is the reasen why I have avoided downloading more of the releases that has 3-4 songs in one single file.
24db

Post by 24db »

Insvims wrote:Nice, but I have a question:

Why are so many of the live downloads not divided into separate songs? I had a hard time trying to figure out how to separate all the songs when I downloaded The Epsilon Journey. No way that I will have MP3s consisting of more than one song. There are several reasons for this. And this issue is the reasen why I have avoided downloading more of the releases that has 3-4 songs in one single file.
of course there are loads of free Mp3 splitters online that you could use
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

24db wrote:

Yes, but it takes a LOT of time going through a whole concert doing this. The show IS split into several parts, so why not single tracks? Very hard to understand this.
24db

Post by 24db »

Insvims wrote:
24db wrote:

Yes, but it takes a LOT of time going through a whole concert doing this. The show IS split into several parts, so why not single tracks? Very hard to understand this.
True...but you are gonna listen to it at least once...so why not listen to it on a splitter player and when you want to splits?...and then press click. I do see your point though
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:

Regards,
EB
Still a Bargain when a full (60 minute) CD from HMV costs up to £15 ! :shock:

true but when you buy a CD your paying for an actual CD with cover inlay, downloads are always cheaper. Still a very fair price though this.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Personally I find it great fun to repeatedly read that people get annoyed about having to type in track titles into iTunes or doing tracksplits from an mp3 file. I consider it luxury problems, and would love to have such petty causes for annoyance myself.

I can tell that I just spent the very last of the money on July's food budget to buy this concert download just to hear La Liberation - even though the radio broadcast is available elsewhere on this forum.

:P
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

j_pertou wrote:Personally I find it great fun to repeatedly read that people get annoyed about having to type in track titles into iTunes or doing tracksplits from an mp3 file. I consider it luxury problems, and would love to have such petty causes for annoyance myself.

I can tell that I just spent the very last of the money on July's food budget to buy this concert download just to hear La Liberation - even though the radio broadcast is available elsewhere on this forum.

:P
It's not THAT a big issue. There are bigger problems in this world. Wars...
But I don't understand why they split the show at all if they split it into 3-4 song sections. Never seen anyone else did this before. Most of us wants to have separate files.
For me, my solution is to not download it, hehe. It is not a must, considering that I still have enormous amounts of CDs to buy to complete my TD collection.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

Insvims wrote:But I don't understand why they split the show at all if they split it into 3-4 song sections. Never seen anyone else did this before. Most of us wants to have separate files.
For me, my solution is to not download it, hehe. It is not a must, considering that I still have enormous amounts of CDs to buy to complete my TD collection.
Well, just want to quote a former post from Chris, which I think is the reason why we get long mp3s.
exit81 wrote:Having very long mp3's is a great idea. Mp3's are made up of audio blocks, and each one is 1/75th of a second in length. An mp3 MUST be made up of COMPLETE audio blocks, in a similar way that a wall might be made with only complete bricks (i.e., no half bricks). So if the end of an mp3 file doesn't line up exactly with the end of an audio block, the file automatically adds zeros (basically silence) until the end of the audio block is reached.

If you play the mp3 individually, you won't notice the tiny bit of silence at the end of the track. But if you stick two tracks together and select 'no gap' between them (so that one runs straight into the other), then you will hear this tiny gap. Yes you have selected 'no gap', but all this means is that the burning software won't add a 1 or 2 second pause between tracks. The tiny gap caused by the audio blaock is actually part of the file. Unless you use some audio editing software to manually delete them, they'll always cause the annoying glitch between tracks that are supposed to run seamlessly from one to the other, like in a live concert.

Personally I like to hear the concert as it was played, as one long piece spread over 2 CDs (or 3 for longer shows), broken into tracks with convennient index points. The easiest way to do this is to take the long mp3....convert it to a .wav (using a simple audio conversion tool, there's plenty of free ones out there). Then import the .wav into Nero and use Nero's simple editing facility to manually position and add track index points. This breaks the single long .wav into individual tracks. Select '0' gap between the tracks (don't worry about placing any gap before the first track, just leave it at '2'), and burn. You'll then have a full length CD, complete with index points and no gaps between the tracks. This is why TD's policy of offering the concerts in very long mp3's is a great idea that I hope will continue. Well done TD!! :D
But yes, they could post one long file, and then separate the others in single tracks rather than in blocks of 3-4, for those who don't mind the gap ;-)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I have never ever heard any gap while plying separate MP3s on my mediaplayer. And I play a lot of concept albums with no gaps between songs (but in seperate tracks). Hmm... But thanks for the info. :-)
Maybe one can hear this little gap when burning to CD, but I have still not had any problem with it persoanlly.