Looking back at : Rubycon

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Looking back at : Rubycon

Post by bigmoog »

34 minutes of immaculate music, music that enters the very soul and stays forever. Beauty, perfection, timeless

:arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Re: Looking back at : Rubycon

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:34 minutes of immaculate music, music that enters the very soul and stays forever. Beauty, perfection, timeless

Oh well I tried :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:34 minutes of immaculate music, music that enters the very soul and stays forever. Beauty, perfection, timeless

Oh well I tried :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

what did I say :?: :oops:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Glorious other worldy magic............ the pinnacle of TD in the 70s and still my favorite.

I may be wrong but you know i am right :P :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Much better than Phaedra but perhaps a bit overvalued. TD was getting better and better with sequencers at this time. Ricochet is where they finally master it.
24db

Post by 24db »

71 dB wrote:Much better than Phaedra but perhaps a bit overvalued. TD was getting better and better with sequencers at this time. Ricochet is where they finally master it.
have you seen the 5 minute extract of TD recording Rubycon on youtube? thanks to Next Movies Ltd
Last edited by 24db on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

71 dB wrote:Much better than Phaedra but perhaps a bit overvalued. TD was getting better and better with sequencers at this time. Ricochet is where they finally master it.
Ricochet is a very fine cut and of course parts of "Live" shows but i still find both "Rubycon" and the RAH 1975 more appealing with the RAH 75 show my favorite concert of them all..............
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

A timeless masterpiece :)

:arrow: the only album to challenge it is for me EIMP :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

Along with the wonder of Epsilon in Malaysian Pale - Rubycon rates for me as the pinnacle of EM in the 70's - a timeless piece of music - both parts.

I don't think Ive heard another EM record to this day that had the same 'WOW' factor as first hearing this in late 1978.

Awesome 8)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I had high expectations. Rubycon is held in such a high esteem. When I was listening to it the first time I was waiting for the "wow"-stuff did it really never came. Very good subtle music thou.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:Along with the wonder of Epsilon in Malaysian Pale - Rubycon rates for me as the pinnacle of EM in the 70's - a timeless piece of music - both parts.

I don't think Ive heard another EM record to this day that had the same 'WOW' factor as first hearing this in late 1978.

Awesome 8)
I agree with you 100% :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

My first TD album. A present from my younger brother returning from and exchange trip to France. Didn't like it at first but it slowly grew on me.

Now I think it's an incredible achievement. Many have tried to emulate it and none have got even close. It's totally engrossing. It truelly sounds otherworldly.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:My first TD album. A present from my younger brother returning from and exchange trip to France. Didn't like it at first but it slowly grew on me.

Now I think it's an incredible achievement. Many have tried to emulate it and none have got even close. It's totally engrossing. It truelly sounds otherworldly.
:D 8) The mighty Rubycon :wink:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

This blew my mind :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

8) a cool record which wasn't just composed but constructed to make a sculpture in sound a flawless masterpiece that I never tire of and my wife finds part two creepy especially the first 4 minutes. :roll: