TDOC Membership question

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

tadreamer74 wrote:I believe the TDOC should be updated also since May is the last time anything has been posted. Most clubs that members join have access to updates and new items on a monthly basis, but its going to be July soon, so 2 months of no new material or updtaes for the fanclub is unacceptable. Glad I only paid for a year subscription. Until more material is posted for the fans who pay for these services, I will keep my 1 year subscription.

Also would be nice to receive a free disc, t-shirt or some other token for members who join. Just a suggestion EB! :wink:

To be fair to the fanclub it doesnt say monthly updates as far as I can remember so there is no reason to expect this to happen every single month.

Having been in the club for the first year I can say it has been well worth the fee even if it isn`t updated every single month....I would rather look over the whole period and not on a monthly basis and I dont think anyone can say it has been poor value for the year.

My advice is just give the club a chance and if after the year you think it has been not good then dont join, dont slag it off just cause nothing has been put it in for one month.

They offer more then the average fanclub would offer over a year(and believe me I know as I have been in some righty shoddy ones)
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

cantosis wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:I believe the TDOC should be updated also since May is the last time anything has been posted. Most clubs that members join have access to updates and new items on a monthly basis, but its going to be July soon, so 2 months of no new material or updtaes for the fanclub is unacceptable. Glad I only paid for a year subscription. Until more material is posted for the fans who pay for these services, I will keep my 1 year subscription.

Also would be nice to receive a free disc, t-shirt or some other token for members who join. Just a suggestion EB! :wink:

To be fair to the fanclub it doesnt say monthly updates as far as I can remember so there is no reason to expect this to happen every single month.

Having been in the club for the first year I can say it has been well worth the fee even if it isn`t updated every single month....I would rather look over the whole period and not on a monthly basis and I dont think anyone can say it has been poor value for the year.

My advice is just give the club a chance and if after the year you think it has been not good then dont join, dont slag it off just cause nothing has been put it in for one month.

They offer more then the average fanclub would offer over a year(and believe me I know as I have been in some righty shoddy ones)
I would have to disagree and seen fanclubs that at least give you a t-shirt or some sort of 'thank you' for joining and becoming a member. Something a fan can wear in pride and promote not just the site, but TD as well. The downloads you receive are nice, but some such as "Wavelength", "Sorcerer" , "Man Inside", nothing new. Since there are 12 months in a year, and the 1 year membership is based on 12 months, I feel a monthly update should be suffice and not asking too much. I will leave it at that :D :arrow:
Last edited by tadreamer74 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Not to mention the wait on the TDOC card which I still not have recieved. Received something from a member here from overseas days AFTER I placed my order for the TDOC card. Food for thought, that's all. :wink:

BTW: Never heard from EB addressing this issue. :roll: :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

tadreamer74 wrote:Not to mention the wait on the TDOC card which I still not have recieved. Received something from a member here from overseas days AFTER I placed my order for the TDOC card. Food for thought, that's all. :wink:

regarding the latter....I think TD and EB are pretty busy at the moment.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:Not to mention the wait on the TDOC card which I still not have recieved. Received something from a member here from overseas days AFTER I placed my order for the TDOC card. Food for thought, that's all. :wink:

regarding the latter....I think TD and EB are pretty busy at the moment.
True, but addressing the fans' concerns would be my main prioority if I were in their shoes. :arrow: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

tadreamer74 wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I would have to disagree and seen fanclubs that at least give you a t-shirt or some sort of 'thank you' for joining and becoming a member. Something a fan can wear in pride and promote not just the site, but TD as well. The downloads you receive are nice, but some such as "Wavelength", "Sorcerer" , "Man Inside", nothing new. Since there are 12 months in a year, and the 1 year membership is based on 12 months, I feel a monthly update should be suffice and not asking too much. I will leave it at that :D :arrow:

Well I hope after the year you have changed your mind. Remember also that they are probably busy at the moment what with the upcoming concerts and more releases in July.
24db

Post by 24db »

I've had my card for over a week, so it's perhaps worth dropping Eastgate (another) email mate?
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

24db wrote:

I've had my card for over a week, so it's perhaps worth dropping Eastgate (another) email mate?
It's no big deal, I am thankful for Eastgate to give you your number ahead of time, since this is probably why with shipping delays and problems with packages/envelopes getting lost.

I dropped them a line last Friday, and they stated they started shipping them out June 10, and to expect them in the upcoming weeks. I figure I will wait 2 more weeks, then drop them another e-mail. I would think by this time I should have received it. Like you and Cantosis stated, they are most likely busy with concerts and the big RAH gig, so they have a lot on their plate and I agree. This year and especially next will be busy and hectic for them. :D
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Might be best to contact the fanclub rather then eastgate

tdoc@tangerinedream-music.com
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

tadreamer74 wrote:
24db wrote:

It's no big deal, I am thankful for Eastgate to give you your number ahead of time, since this is probably why with shipping delays and problems with packages/envelopes getting lost.

I dropped them a line last Friday, and they stated they started shipping them out June 10, and to expect them in the upcoming weeks. I figure I will wait 2 more weeks, then drop them another e-mail. I would think by this time I should have received it. Like you and Cantosis stated, they are most likely busy with concerts and the big RAH gig, so they have a lot on their plate and I agree. This year and especially next will be busy and hectic for them. :D
Hello td74, I can understand your frustration on getting the card. But dont worry bro, you'll get it soon. I ordered the 3 year renewal. Not here yet. No worries. They are'nt charging you for shipping cost. Thats a big plus. When I ordered my first card last year, I was hesitant on purchasing it because shipping the card was something like 10-12 euros to the states. Yikes! I emailed EB and he was very nice to ship the card at no cost. Thank you EB :D 8) :D 8) I dont think they charge for shipping anymore. I am very pleased with what eastgate and EB offers to all TDOC. Yes it would be nice to see a special TD t-shirt. I have raised that question several times on this forum. Nothing yet. But I'm not giving up EB. Maybe a contest between all the fans on a shirt design. That would be fun. EB could pick, or not, the best design shirt. Mind you, an exclusive shirt for all in the TDOC.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

tdream4ever wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:
24db wrote: I've had my card for over a week, so it's perhaps worth dropping Eastgate (another) email mate?

Hello td74, I can understand your frustration on getting the card. But dont worry bro, you'll get it soon. I ordered the 3 year renewal. Not here yet. No worries. They are'nt charging you for shipping cost. Thats a big plus. When I ordered my first card last year, I was hesitant on purchasing it because shipping the card was something like 10-12 euros to the states. Yikes! I emailed EB and he was very nice to ship the card at no cost. Thank you EB :D 8) :D 8) I dont think they charge for shipping anymore. I am very pleased with what eastgate and EB offers to all TDOC. Yes it would be nice to see a special TD t-shirt. I have raised that question several times on this forum. Nothing yet. But I'm not giving up EB. Maybe a contest between all the fans on a shirt design. That would be fun. EB could pick, or not, the best design shirt. Mind you, an exclusive shirt for all in the TDOC.
Don't get me wrong, the TDOC has things you can't get anywhere else, hence the membership fees, and overall I am pleased with the fanclub itself. I just threw out some suggestions for future reference for EB and I know it is their decision to do what they want, but suggestions and comments are welcome I am sure, even if they are not agreeable on.
I am honored to be part of a fanclub which supports and keeps fans in the light, not 'in the dark' on one of my favorite groups of all times and also is a site you can trust where facts prevail over rumors. :wink: