Johannes Schmoelling

Marakesh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Marakesh »

The Time and Tide CD arrived. It is sublime 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Marakesh wrote:The Time and Tide CD arrived. It is sublime 8)
Been on pretty much none stop since it arrived. It's brilliant.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Chris Monk wrote:
I've been playing it often. With music such as this, I would say that JS could well have some more sold out concerts if he'll do them. 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Marakesh wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
I've been playing it often. With music such as this, I would say that JS could well have some more sold out concerts if he'll do them. 8)
I'd love to see him playing live again.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Time and Tide has arrived this morning :D

Very prompt and efficient service from CDS and the Royal Mail :wink:

Away to stick it on right now 8)
har

Post by har »

What can I say.................................

MAGNIFICENT

8) 8) 8)
rigel

Post by rigel »

I got my copy of "Time and Tide" in the post this morning. I have only listened to the first 5 compositions so far, but "The Gift", by Jonas Behrens, stands out for me. It's fantastic :)

I'm looking forward to the collaborative pieces, tracks 6 to 9, which I will listen to later today.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Don't like the new album at all....nice enough melodies but it is very sparse sounding. Of course I will listen to it more in the next few days and my opinion may change but after two listens I think it's a poor effort IMO.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

sparrow wrote:Don't like the new album at all....nice enough melodies but it is very sparse sounding. Of course I will listen to it more in the next few days and my opinion may change but after two listens I think it's a poor effort IMO.
I was waiting for the :wink: or :lol: at the end of your post :!:

I received the Cd this morning and have not listened to it all,
just 3 tracks on random play. The title track is superb :!:

Will listen more tomorrow when I'm not working and my wife is.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just had another listen and I'm starting to warm to the album. Not as good as A Thousand Times but it does have a certain appeal. It does have Johannes trademark sound and style and maybe my earlier thoughts were a bit harsh.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:Don't like the new album at all....nice enough melodies but it is very sparse sounding. Of course I will listen to it more in the next few days and my opinion may change but after two listens I think it's a poor effort IMO.
Got to admit I'm a fan of Johannes' sparse sounds, too much of music these days is wall-to-wall sound.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Listened to the album for the first time last night and on this one attempt I found it a pleasant enough album but for me there was nothing 'ground-breaking' on it. All in All a very 'ordinary' album from this man who has such a classic as White Out in has back catalogue. Easy listening with nothing to really tax the brain too much. 5 out of 10 I would say with the title track being the best of the bunch IMHO. I long for more in the style of A Great Continent. At the moment there is a feeling of treading water!! :)
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote::) Listened to the album for the first time last night and on this one attempt I found it a pleasant enough album but for me there was nothing 'ground-breaking' on it. All in All a very 'ordinary' album from this man who has such a classic as White Out in has back catalogue. Easy listening with nothing to really tax the brain too much. 5 out of 10 I would say with the title track being the best of the bunch IMHO. I long for more in the style of A Great Continent. At the moment there is a feeling of treading water!! :)
Think I agree on this statement. The album is good, but not extraordinary. Definitely not as good as the last album.
Helikon

Post by Helikon »

Happy Birthday Johannes!

Thank you for all the great music, and for the LOOM Project.
There is poetry in science
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A very happy birthday Johannes.

Thank you for the wonderful music 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.