Would Johannes Schmoelling Ever Do A UK Concert For Us ?

A Hyperborean
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by A Hyperborean »

I suppose I know the answer to this already: NO:!: (I guess a solo, non-performance-personality-type artist trying to reproduce complexity like that alone on stage is a pretty daunting task :shock: ). Nevertheless, I think if he announced a gig in a small London venue, or anywhere around the UK in fact, then it would sell out very quickly to TD fans like ourselves.
Do people agree? I still love Mr Schmoelling's music, it often has a very distinctive quirky nature to it and he does some beautiful piano work, like he did with Pergamon.
By the way, I saw Klaus Schulze in about 1995 at the Derby Assembly Halls, I think (I still have the programme somewhere). A very small, but fascinating concert (even for someone who doesn't know Schulze's music). Did anyone else among you attend this?
Tangerine Dream cleans my brain.
bigdaveh

Re: Would Johannes Schmoelling Ever Do A UK Concert For Us ?

Post by bigdaveh »

A Hyperborean wrote:I suppose I know the answer to this already: NO:!: (I guess a solo, non-performance-personality-type artist trying to reproduce complexity like that alone on stage is a pretty daunting task :shock: ). Nevertheless, I think if he announced a gig in a small London venue, or anywhere around the UK in fact, then it would sell out very quickly to TD fans like ourselves.
Do people agree? I still love Mr Schmoelling's music, it often has a very distinctive quirky nature to it and he does some beautiful piano work, like he did with Pergamon.
By the way, I saw Klaus Schulze in about 1995 at the Derby Assembly Halls, I think (I still have the programme somewhere). A very small, but fascinating concert (even for someone who doesn't know Schulze's music). Did anyone else among you attend this?
No I missed that gig but lucky got to see him in the 80's.
The Stoke TDBA Division.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I would love to see it as I was never lucky enough to see him do a gig with TD.

Think it is doubtfull that it will happen but you can always live in hope
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

Listening to clips of 'Early Beginnings'...

This music makes you stop in your tracks, & wonder... & wander... & wonder...

Why on earth they don't do another collaboration is beyond me, Edgar & Johannes, since they haven't gone into retirement exactly.

Rockyrobin
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
Nero

Post by Nero »

rockyrobin wrote:Listening to clips of 'Early Beginnings'...

Why on earth they don't do another collaboration is beyond me, Edgar & Johannes, since they haven't gone into retirement exactly.

Rockyrobin
I think it was last year when Edgar already asked Johannes to perform with him on stage but JS unfortunately refused - JS thinks he's not good in playing the piano anymore. (There was an interview with JS where he stated that one or two years ago....) So the reasons for a "no" are more ore less linked to JS' personal structure. On the other hand they cooperated greatly on KYOTO in 2005 - a very fine album.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Nero wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:Listening to clips of 'Early Beginnings'...

Rockyrobin
I think it was last year when Edgar already asked Johannes to perform with him on stage but JS unfortunately refused - JS thinks he's not good in playing the piano anymore. (There was an interview with JS where he stated that one or two years ago....) So the reasons for a "no" are more ore less linked to JS' personal structure. On the other hand they cooperated greatly on KYOTO in 2005 - a very fine album.
I agree about Kyoto, a fine album
rockyrobin

Post by rockyrobin »

Yes guys but what about another new one that is not based on their emotional state during the time of Kyoto?
"What is success? Glory? Honour? Blah blah... 'I'll never know how the elephant got into my pyjamas.' (Marx, Animal Crackers)
Goodnight, folks."
Edgar Froese on a day in the touring life of tangerine dream, UK program, 1981.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Can't see this really happening . that question was asked with a modest reply ...simply 'No' he enjoys his time in his studio creating his musical masterpieces. It would a real treat if he did though

:D :) 8) :wink: :!: Geoff
24db

Post by 24db »

I can't see Johannes even being tempted to do concert.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

i have to agree that a johannes schmoelling concert would be definetley something not to be missed,however i cannot see this happening, he has already said that he prefers to work in the studio rather than doing live work,which if he continues to bring out albums like white out and so on i really don't mind :roll: :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

with respect to Johannes, he has already shown how important concerts are to him, i.e...not a lot (one concert!), pretty much the same as Chris Franke and Paul Haslinger (who strangely enough had plans to perform together many years ago)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

If he did do a show I'd be there like a shot but doubt it'll ever happen, which is a great shame.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:If he did do a show I'd be there like a shot but doubt it'll ever happen, which is a great shame.
sadly I think Jerome is going the same way, perhaps it's a bit too comfy in home studios these days? ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:If he did do a show I'd be there like a shot but doubt it'll ever happen, which is a great shame.
sadly I think Jerome is going the same way, perhaps it's a bit too comfy in home studios these days? ;)
Yep. Thank goodness Edgar occasional puts on a show.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

The thing is, the music industry is changing and there is much more emphasis on live performances than there once was. Unless you're managing to get by on soundtracks or gaming music (or a large back catalogue), the live situation is pretty much the only way to make decent money now.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!