Edgar Froese

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Pertou »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Tangerine Dream is the Best. :D
Nope, they are the bestest!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Pertou wrote:
:lol:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Hobo wrote:
Pertou wrote:
:lol:

!!That is Connect!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:The clueless grizzlies said he was finished :evil: just listen to the latest wonderful tunes from Edgar Froese,the king always defies the clueless clowns.
Edgar Froese is God--------I salute the King 8) :D :P :)
What amazes me Colin is the reluctance of some people to listen to any of the latest releases. They are normally sensible and rational, but believe that TD lost the plot around 1983 and steadfastly refuse to give any of the newer releases a chance. Their loss! Everyone knows I'm a staunch Virgin Years fan, but TD's recent output is awesome. Long may it continue! :D
Got to be honest here, I couldn't care less about the Grizzlies. Who loses anyway? Certainly not me, I'm happy "grooving away to the cool sounds" of the mighty TD. If they want to live with their heads up their rear ends that's up to them.

...and, let's face it, who's impressed by their incessant bleating?
JD

Post by JD »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:The clueless grizzlies said he was finished :evil: just listen to the latest wonderful tunes from Edgar Froese,the king always defies the clueless clowns.
What amazes me Colin is the reluctance of some people to listen to any of the latest releases. They are normally sensible and rational, but believe that TD lost the plot around 1983 and steadfastly refuse to give any of the newer releases a chance. Their loss! Everyone knows I'm a staunch Virgin Years fan, but TD's recent output is awesome. Long may it continue! :D
Got to be honest here, I couldn't care less about the Grizzlies. Who loses anyway? Certainly not me, I'm happy "grooving away to the cool sounds" of the mighty TD. If they want to live with their heads up their rear ends that's up to them.

but these things work both ways ...constant TD worship can be seen as incessant bleating. From a different point of view I think many people see this forum as a place of TD worship ...regardless of what TD release. Its certainly not the place for anybody to complain because they are immediately labeled as "Grizzlies" or "clueless clowns" ;)
Maybe some people dont want to bother listening to the latest output because of the 25 years in between stuff since 1983 that they didnt like ?

It seems a very' us and them' set of camps in the TD fan community unfortunately.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

JD wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote: What amazes me Colin is the reluctance of some people to listen to any of the latest releases. They are normally sensible and rational, but believe that TD lost the plot around 1983 and steadfastly refuse to give any of the newer releases a chance. Their loss! Everyone knows I'm a staunch Virgin Years fan, but TD's recent output is awesome. Long may it continue! :D

but these things work both ways ...constant TD worship can be seen as incessant bleating. From a different point of view I think many people see this forum as a place of TD worship ...regardless of what TD release. Its certainly not the place for anybody to complain because they are immediately labeled as "Grizzlies" or "clueless clowns" ;)
Maybe some people dont want to bother listening to the latest output because of the 25 years in between stuff since 1983 that they didnt like ?

It seems a very' us and them' set of camps in the TD fan community unfortunately.

I think you make a very good point.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

JD wrote:Edgar Froese For President
:P

Hugs and kisses,
Jacob, the clueless clown.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:

Hugs and kisses,
EF worshipper! :P
JD

Post by JD »

Pertou wrote:

Hugs and kisses,
:D I think he'd do a better job than Bush !!!!

But seriously though ...I dont think I fit into either camp because I like and dislike TD music from all periods. I dont instantly heap praise on a CD before I get it out of the wrapper, and I dont throw it in the bin before I try it.
I think TD are equally as capable of producing brilliance as they are rubbish.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:

I just enjoy music, therefore I couldn't give a monkeys if other people like it or not...I don't buy music to fit in...it's there to be enjoyed, if you don't...well, it's what eBay was invented for.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

JD wrote:
Pertou wrote:

Hugs and kisses,
:D I think he'd do a better job than Bush !!!!

But seriously though ...I dont think I fit into either camp because I like and dislike TD music from all periods. I dont instantly heap praise on a CD before I get it out of the wrapper, and I dont throw it in the bin before I try it.
I think TD are equally as capable of producing brilliance as they are rubbish.
I agree entirely JD. My comment was aimed at those who bemoan today's TD without listening to the music. Just because TD lost their way for a while, doesn't mean they are incapable of producing great music now. Still, it's their loss and I'm not going to waste any more time worrying about it.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I didnt know TD had lost their way. Perhaps some fans have a different taste in music to Edgar Froese ( just look at the list on Turn of Tides album). There isnt much on that list that I listen to but I still enjoy most of his music all the same

I think it is a bit harsh to dismiss the stuff you dont like as rubbish. On what basis is it rubbish ? Are there errors in key or notation ? If so I've never spotted them !

It is not a case of the music being rubbish or otherwise it is just whether you like it or not.

If you dont like it dont listen to it - simple really
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

HYPERBOREA wrote:If you dont like it dont listen to it - simple really
To some degree that's true, but I'm a little annoyed by this sentence, as it's overused, everytime someone say an opinion about your preferences. I like a discussion, so whenever I hear this statement I get so bored, because people tend to think, that it's a way to get the final word...

People does have to listen to it (or to Edgar: buy it), before one could get an opinion.
JD is just as entitled to call it rubbish, as you are to say "If you dont like it dont listen to it - simple really"

I think it has become a tedious cliché, and if all have this attitude, what's purpose of a forum?
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Sorry to annoy you Jacob albeit just a little bit !

Incidentally your TD music taste is very similar to mine reference your post in the 3 section

Please feel free to have the final word
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

You have no reason to excuse for your opinion. No one has. :D