Edgar Froese

JD
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar Froese

Post by JD »

Im so jeaous of this guy ;) What a remarkable life he must have had though, inventing and creating such groundbreaking music over 40 years.Touring the world, scoring films etc I can only imagine how wonderful such a life would be. (once you stop ignoring the critics and haters that is)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I admire Edgar he is of course very talented . One thing though I know he's in his sixties but although he looks after himself he does seem to be ageing very quickly now. I hope he lives to his 100 th birthday at least.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A colossus of the Music World and Tangerine Dream should be indited in the R&R Hall of Fame.................EF is the main man for me and a man of many talents.............Long live the King :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Re: Edgar Froese

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:Im so jeaous of this guy ;) What a remarkable life he must have had though, inventing and creating such groundbreaking music over 40 years.Touring the world, scoring films etc I can only imagine how wonderful such a life would be. (once you stop ignoring the critics and haters that is)
Totally agree (Although I wouldn't say I'm jealous of him), we discussed this at a recent TD meet up, he had an amazing life 'before' he even started TD (have a look at the biography on his website for a start).
I seem to remember Johannes commenting that he's still surprised how creative 'the Viking' still is :)
Last edited by 24db on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

edgar froese is a genius

where his life art and music is measured by the enormity of creativity, always challenging, never mediocre, his is DALI made real for us travelling with him

i thanked him then, i thank him now and i thank for whats to come.

big-in homage-i named myself-moog
...The wise.....are silent.....
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

JD wrote:Im so jeaous of this guy ;) What a remarkable life he must have had though, inventing and creating such groundbreaking music over 40 years.Touring the world, scoring films etc I can only imagine how wonderful such a life would be. (once you stop ignoring the critics and haters that is)
The grass is always greener.

I wish he'd reply to you in person, 'cos I bet he'll have many stories to tell of monotonous touring (especially in the early days) and endless driving, being away from home and, possibly, family, equipment going (expensively) wrong in the early days (I bet that Moog failure in Oz early on cost them plenty), not to mention the concerts when they couldn't always get the "muse" easily...

I will agree though, that when he (and the band) got it right, real magic was made, both live and in the studio. Also that many TD and EF albums are among my all time favourites (more than anyone else)...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

DSJR wrote:

I wish he'd reply to you in person, 'cos I bet he'll have many stories to tell of monotonous touring (especially in the early days) and endless driving, being away from home and, possibly, family, equipment going (expensively) wrong in the early days (I bet that Moog failure in Oz early on cost them plenty), not to mention the concerts when they couldn't always get the "muse" easily...

And being pelted with rotten fruit :oops: :shock: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote:

Don't forget the marmalade!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
DSJR wrote: The grass is always greener.

Don't forget the marmalade!

How could i forget the wrecked keyboards covered in marmalade :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:

I will agree though, that when he (and the band) got it right, real magic was made, both live and in the studio. Also that many TD and EF albums are among my all time favourites (more than anyone else)...
Like this? Btw Chris Franke was almost killed by the Moog in Australia

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/20 ... -tour.html
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ive got the 81 programme but theres some excellent stuff on that blog mate :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Ive got the 81 programme but theres some excellent stuff on that blog mate :wink:
Cheers, 'hopefully' more to come.
Next to no feedback does tell me something though :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Ive got the 81 programme but theres some excellent stuff on that blog mate :wink:

Im sure there are a lot of members who appreciate the info on the blog,theres a lot of work involved and i think you are a worse Imsomniac than me :arrow: but im not complaining :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Im sure there are a lot of members who appreciate the info on the blog,theres a lot of work involved and i think you are a worse Imsomniac than me :arrow: but im not complaining :wink:
Not sure about the Imsoniac bit ;) I love sleeping....it's waking up that's the hard bit
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Not sure I'd have had the drive, or the stamina. Good, bad or indifferent though, EF has had an amazing life and career. He has been blessed with enormous talent and used it to it's full potential. Not many get this opportunity and fewer still seize it. Long may it continue and I look forward to reading many of his anecdotes in his promised book. Please don't keep us waiting too much longer Edgar!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese