Dream Theater

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Dream Theater

Post by hansx »

Another group with Dream in its name. I have something with Dreams. :D

Not electronic but for me one of the best groups of the last 2 decades.
Have seen them a lot live and always it is a thrill.
This week their next live dvd and cd's are released, Chaos in Motion 2007/2008. Of course I have bought them, it is on its way. Looking forward to it very much.
Misterdance

Re: Dream Theater

Post by Misterdance »

hansx wrote:Another group with Dream in its name. I have something with Dreams. :D

This week their next live dvd and cd's are released, Chaos in Motion 2007/2008. Of course I have bought them, it is on its way. Looking forward to it very much.
Nice! I own 6 albums of them. Do you also like Rhapsody and Sonata Artica? Probably. A friend of mine introduced this music in my life. I started out with symphonic rock in the early 80ties. After that I got more interested in electronic music and after that dancemusic.

BUT DT .. Great sound, good arrangements, lyrics and so on!

Mijn complimenten .. Toffe muziek.

FRED.
:wink:
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
hansx

Post by hansx »

Misterdance wrote:
hansx wrote:Another group with Dream in its name. I have something with Dreams. :D

Nice! I own 6 albums of them. Do you also like Rhapsody and Sonata Artica? Probably. A friend of mine introduced this music in my life. I started out with symphonic rock in the early 80ties. After that I got more interested in electronic music and after that dancemusic.

BUT DT .. Great sound, good arrangements, lyrics and so on!

Mijn complimenten .. Toffe muziek.

FRED.
:wink:
Dat mag je wel zeggen.

:roll:

I have every album, dvd and more. Fan from the first hour and guess also to the last. However I am 50( :D), still like this sort of music, it is loud and complicated. But great.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Misterdance wrote:Do you also like Rhapsody and Sonata Artica?
I certainly do. I also like Vanden Plas, Luca Turilli's Dreamquest and Kamelot. Great music but nothing like TD.
hansx

Post by hansx »

The postman just dropped the 2dvd and 3cd Chaos in Motion on the doormat. So, guess you can im age what I am gonna do this weekend. :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

hansx wrote:The postman just dropped the 2dvd and 3cd Chaos in Motion on the doormat. So, guess you can im age what I am gonna do this weekend. :D
My copy arrived too..... 8) ..good price for three CD's & two DVD's. :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:
hansx wrote:The postman just dropped the 2dvd and 3cd Chaos in Motion on the doormat. So, guess you can im age what I am gonna do this weekend. :D
indeed,not bad at all. The dvd itself is not the best one in the DT collection.
Because of the different recordings the sound and camera quality is not always the same. too bad.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

hansx wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Because of the different recordings the sound and camera quality is not always the same. too bad.
I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet but..the three CD's are great. Surrounded is astounding especially when it melds into Sugar Mice by Marillion....a great document of their last tour. 8)
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:
hansx wrote:
sparrow wrote: My copy arrived too..... 8) ..good price for three CD's & two DVD's. :D
I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet but..the three CD's are great. Surrounded is astounding especially when it melds into Sugar Mice by Marillion....a great document of their last tour. 8)
I have, as alreay said, it is not their best dvd.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Another tour this year. in Europe they also do a progressive Nation tour with 3 other bands. One of them is Opeth. Like them very much. Very loud and sometimes very melodic. I have already cards for the coming concert in Rotterdam in october. Looking forward to it. And of course in june their new cd BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS. That will be a thrill. I am sure of it. And the latest news is that Portnoy reformed his hobby band Transatlantic again. Later on this year a new cd from them
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:Another tour this year. in Europe they also do a progressive Nation tour with 3 other bands. One of them is Opeth. Like them very much. Very loud and sometimes very melodic. I have already cards for the coming concert in Rotterdam in october. Looking forward to it. And of course in june their new cd BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS. That will be a thrill. I am sure of it. And the latest news is that Portnoy reformed his hobby band Transatlantic again. Later on this year a new cd from them
I'm going to see them in Southampton, they're being supported by Frost*. Should be a good show. I'm very into Frost* and have been a DT fan for years.
har

Post by har »

My son is going to see them at the Download Festival.

He has been asking his cool rock dad 8) :wink: all about them and asking to borrow his Octivarium album 8)

I have been unable to find any ZZ top or Whitesnake for him :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:My son is going to see them at the Download Festival.

He has been asking his cool rock dad 8) :wink: all about them and asking to borrow his Octivarium album 8)

I have been unable to find any ZZ top or Whitesnake for him :wink:
I think the Southampton show is a warm up for the Download Festival and there also doing another show somewhere else ....er Manchester possibly.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote: I'm going to see them in Southampton, they're being supported by Frost*. Should be a good show. I'm very into Frost* and have been a DT fan for years.
That sounds like a superb show ! Be interested to hear what you think about it after the event Chris.

I had a Frost sampler on a Prog CD it was something of Milliontown ? Black Light Machine ? It was excellent. Cant find the CD now. I quite fancy that album, will have to put it on the list (extensive!)
hansx

Post by hansx »

The progressive Nation tour contains 10 concerts with Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf & Unexpect.
Until now. No full eveningconcert in Holland this year. shame.