FAX recommendations

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
har wrote:
cantosis wrote:
did you listen to the whole of Shades Of Orion Andy? I have to say the last track especially is very good, I like the second one as well the first isn`t that great, maybe you fell asleep before that track ended ? 8)
I am really liking shades of orion. All four tracks are excellent, I like track 1 "biotrip" very funky sequence stuff going on there 8).

Thats the thing with this Namlook music there is a vast range of different styles of EM, something for everyone. Only thing is I'm not so keen on some of the "dance" type stuff I've heard on i tunes. The vast majority seem to be more ambient orientated though.
If you prefer the ambient stuff check out the Broadway stuff with Tetsu Inoue. I have some of it and I really like it.
hoover music! ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
har wrote: I am really liking shades of orion. All four tracks are excellent, I like track 1 "biotrip" very funky sequence stuff going on there 8).

Thats the thing with this Namlook music there is a vast range of different styles of EM, something for everyone. Only thing is I'm not so keen on some of the "dance" type stuff I've heard on i tunes. The vast majority seem to be more ambient orientated though.
If you prefer the ambient stuff check out the Broadway stuff with Tetsu Inoue. I have some of it and I really like it.
hoover music! ;)

It has actually made me want to check out some of his solo stuff. Inland And yolo. I see he has one with Jonah Sharp as well
24db

Post by 24db »

New from FAX:

"Move D · Namlook XVIII - Sexoid"
(Pete Namlook & David Moufang)

Recorded live at David's reSource studio in Heidelberg, Dave and Pete take a look at what might happen in the future of our society. As part of the "Civilization" Trilogy (first part was "Travelling the Silk Route", second part was "There!"), "Sexoid" is a look into a futuristic scenario where "fully equipped" androids might not only help in the kitchen. "Sexoid" is a synonym for significant changes in social life of the future. The music between house, deep musical ambience and chill-out accompanied by occasional speech samples fits the overall theme like a glove.

The listener is treated to our images of the future while leaving room for the listener's own reflections on the theme.

DTS 5.1 Music Disc/Stereo 2CD. For compatibility reasons (to listen to the music in the car or at your friend's or if you don't own a DTS capable 5.1 Surround System) we included a stereo CD version in the double CD-pack.

CD tracks:
In the Mirror 24.32 min
Sexoid 15.43 min
Get Your Chillums Out 13.13
Retro Future 17.04

Part III in the Civilization trilogy. Musical Reflections on Utopia's Sexoid
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
cantosis wrote:
did you listen to the whole of Shades Of Orion Andy? I have to say the last track especially is very good, I like the second one as well the first isn`t that great, maybe you fell asleep before that track ended ? 8)

Is Biotrap track 1? I have it as track 4. Oh well that will teach me :roll: :shock: 8) :arrow:
So which track is it you like and dont like m8 :wink: I think biotrip is class.

I like the whole album, in fact love all three I have downloaded so far, VV4, Silence5 and Shades of Orion. Class stuff.

Cheers for the shout about the Broadway stuff! I had checked out the samples of those albums on i tunes and liked them all very much.

Still deciding on the next acquisition, no sign of VV6 on itunes yet :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:
cantosis wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Is Biotrap track 1? I have it as track 4. Oh well that will teach me :roll: :shock: 8) :arrow:
So which track is it you like and dont like m8 :wink: I think biotrip is class.

I like the whole album, in fact love all three I have downloaded so far, VV4, Silence5 and Shades of Orion. Class stuff.

Cheers for the shout about the Broadway stuff! I had checked out the samples of those albums on i tunes and liked them all very much.

Still deciding on the next acquisition, no sign of VV6 on itunes yet :roll:
Yeh it`s biotrap I love, for some reason it isn`t track 1 on my itunes. I listened to it the other day and the whole album is very good but I love biotrap and Did you ever retire a human even though I hate the robotic voice in it. very good album overall.
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
Yeh it`s biotrap I love, for some reason it isn`t track 1 on my itunes. I listened to it the other day and the whole album is very good but I love biotrap and Did you ever retire a human even though I hate the robotic voice in it. very good album overall.
That actually happened with my download of Tangram.

Track 1 is Terra Coda and then it goes into wisdom and tragedy ie one of the best starts to an album ever :D

I thought it was meant to be that way and quite liked this strange new Tangram start. Must sort it out though. Some kind of i tunes glitch probably.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I have now heard all the virtual vices albums. A really good set of albums INMHO. I like I,II and IV best.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I was interested to read on the sleeve notes on one of my Namlook CDs that the guitar is played by none other than the man himself.

I didn`t realise he was such a gifted player, is there no end to this mans talant 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I was interested to read on the sleeve notes on one of my Namlook CDs that the guitar is played by none other than the man himself.

I didn`t realise he was such a gifted player, is there no end to this mans talant 8)
he was a jazz guitarist first
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:I was interested to read on the sleeve notes on one of my Namlook CDs that the guitar is played by none other than the man himself.

he was a jazz guitarist first
That would explain some of the jazzy sounds in some of his music then 8)
har

Post by har »

Virtual vices 6 finally appeared on i tunes last week.

First couple of listens wasnt sure. Now enjoying it very much. Think it was the reggae track that put me off a bit, however like it now.

Bets tracks- clapham rat run and snow white. Decided I will get all 6 of this series eventually, still got some other priorities first, ie Broadway.

PS Only have sufficient memory left on the i pod for AIH or I'll have to delete some downloads off it :roll:

HURRY UP SANTA!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:Virtual vices 6 finally appeared on i tunes last week.

First couple of listens wasnt sure. Now enjoying it very much. Think it was the reggae track that put me off a bit, however like it now.

Bets tracks- clapham rat run and snow white. Decided I will get all 6 of this series eventually, still got some other priorities first, ie Broadway.

PS Only have sufficient memory left on the i pod for AIH or I'll have to delete some downloads off it :roll:

HURRY UP SANTA!

First impressions of VV 6 is it`s the worst of the series, I wil l give it a couple more listens though. I must say though I hated the first track that you love(Clapham Ratrun) and that seemed to set the whole tone of the album for me. Snow White probably the best track on there.
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:

HURRY UP SANTA!

First impressions of VV 6 is it`s the worst of the series, I wil l give it a couple more listens though. I must say though I hated the first track that you love(Clapham Ratrun) and that seemed to set the whole tone of the album for me. Snow White probably the best track on there.
Looking forward to hearing the rest of the series.

There is so much I want to get but will need to wait for the xmas additional i pod. It will be designated the Tangerine Dream/Namlook nano pod :wink:

Broadway.
New composers/ Russian Spring?
Dreamfish
Silence
New Organic Life

and the rest.........

Seem to prefer the more ambient, chill out stuff.

Great discovery for me Mr Namlook :!:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:
cantosis wrote:

HURRY UP SANTA!

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the series.

There is so much I want to get but will need to wait for the xmas additional i pod. It will be designated the Tangerine Dream/Namlook nano pod :wink:

Broadway.
New composers/ Russian Spring?
Dreamfish
Silence
New Organic Life

and the rest.........

Seem to prefer the more ambient, chill out stuff.

Great discovery for me Mr Namlook :!:

You should check out the other TD form. Namlook/Spyra thread :wink:
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:

You should check out the other TD form. Namlook/Spyra thread :wink:
Where is that thread cantosis m8?

Think VV6 is a grower, listened tonight and getting better all the time :)