FAX recommendations

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:new from FAX

"Virtual Vices VI"
(Pete Namlook & Wolfram Spyra)

This CD had been recorded in Clapham (London) and Hšdeshof. The jazz-rock feeling in the music became more intensified and received a more "UK" touch.
This CD could be called "Return to the Future," as it is an advanced modern-day take on the jazz-rock fusions of the past. Typical Namlook pads and soli combined with more distorted sounds of his guitar shine through the compositions. Spyra, on the other hand delved deeper into environmental recordings ("Greenwich Meantime"), harmonics, tricky rhythms and tempo changes. As is typical for FAX, this CD contains an intense emotional component, and takes you on a trip through London with a touch of Hšdeshof courtesy of Pete Namlook.

CD tracks:
Clapham Ratrun 9.15
M-Maybe 5.55
Canterbirth 7.38
Greenwich Meantime 7.28
Snow White 10.54
Wandsworth Wine Tasting 5.33
Ain't No Sunshine On the Tube 7.40

Ambient Jazz-Rock fusion the English way

Really looking forward to this one, I love these albums and I have only heard 3 of them so far
email me Matt and I'll fill in the blanks :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:

"Virtual Vices VI"

This CD had been recorded in Clapham (London) and Hšdeshof. The jazz-rock feeling in the music became more intensified and received a more "UK" touch.
This CD could be called "Return to the Future," as it is an advanced modern-day take on the jazz-rock fusions of the past. Typical Namlook pads and soli combined with more distorted sounds of his guitar shine through the compositions. Spyra, on the other hand delved deeper into environmental recordings ("Greenwich Meantime"), harmonics, tricky rhythms and tempo changes. As is typical for FAX, this CD contains an intense emotional component, and takes you on a trip through London with a touch of Hšdeshof courtesy of Pete Namlook.

CD tracks:
Clapham Ratrun 9.15
M-Maybe 5.55
Canterbirth 7.38
Greenwich Meantime 7.28
Snow White 10.54

Really looking forward to this one, I love these albums and I have only heard 3 of them so far
email me Matt and I'll fill in the blanks :)
Wow cheers Mate ;-)
har

Post by har »

"Virtual Vices VI"

CD tracks:
Clapham Ratrun 9.15
M-Maybe 5.55
Canterbirth 7.38
Greenwich Meantime 7.28
Snow White 10.54

This sounds superb. VV4 you recommended andy has been played much. Class. Will get VV6 as soon as its on i tunes. SOON hopefully.

PS Also checking your stuff out Cantosis

PPS Decided on Shades of Orion 1. Possibly the best one yet. Amazing :!:
24db

Post by 24db »

har wrote:

"Virtual Vices VI"

This sounds superb. VV4 you recommended andy has been played much. Class. Will get VV6 as soon as its on i tunes. SOON hopefully.

PS Also checking your stuff out Cantosis

PPS Decided on Shades of Orion 1. Possibly the best one yet. Amazing :!:
I'll be getting the CD as soon as it's available
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I think I might Order "There" directly and ask Pete if he could sign it, listening to the snippets it sounds amazing.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:I think I might Order "There" directly and ask Pete if he could sign it, listening to the snippets it sounds amazing.
ask him if he can add the free DVD Matt (there's screen grabs from my copy on my Blog, it's in German though, but it's good to see where Pete records his albums. Btw the documentary is approx 20 mins long)
har

Post by har »

24db wrote:
:D no problem...all good stuff, bar the Inoue noodling stuff which I can't stand, like amplified paint drying only duller IMHO :)
Blimey :shock:

Does that include Shades of Orion andy :shock:

Have to say its excellent!
har

Post by har »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:I think I might Order "There" directly and ask Pete if he could sign it, listening to the snippets it sounds amazing.
ask him if he can add the free DVD Matt (there's screen grabs from my copy on my Blog, it's in German though, but it's good to see where Pete records his albums. Btw the documentary is approx 20 mins long)
This sounds interesting where are you hearing the samples cantosis? cant find this one.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:
24db wrote:
This sounds interesting where are you hearing the samples cantosis? cant find this one.
You can listen on itunes. I was going to buy it there for 7-99 but for this one I think I will get it directly from Pete as I would like the orig CD. I am sure you can hear more of it on other sites as well.
24db

Post by 24db »

har wrote:
24db wrote:
:D no problem...all good stuff, bar the Inoue noodling stuff which I can't stand, like amplified paint drying only duller IMHO :)

Yes, I'm more into the rhythmic and melodic stuff on FAX. All that 'bu-gger all' happens for 70 minutes sends me to sleep, perhaps it's just the way Pete does it, as I like other stuff from Eno etc. IMHO the CDs with Inoue make Zeit sound like a Symphony, they just don't hold my interest. On a certain level I find it lazy music (flame me if you like ;)) and part of me thinks Pete et al could churn these out in their sleep, perhaps that's too harsh...let's just say it isn't my container of brown beverage
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
har wrote:
24db wrote:

Yes, I'm more into the rhythmic and melodic stuff on FAX. All that 'bu-gger all' happens for 70 minutes sends me to sleep, perhaps it's just the way Pete does it, as I like other stuff from Eno etc. IMHO the CDs with Inoue make Zeit sound like a Symphony, they just don't hold my interest. On a certain level I find it lazy music (flame me if you like ;)) and part of me thinks Pete et al could churn these out in their sleep, perhaps that's too harsh...let's just say it isn't my container of brown beverage
did you listen to the whole of Shades Of Orion Andy? I have to say the last track especially is very good, I like the second one as well the first isn`t that great, maybe you fell asleep before that track ended ? 8)
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
did you listen to the whole of Shades Of Orion Andy? I have to say the last track especially is very good, I like the second one as well the first isn`t that great, maybe you fell asleep before that track ended ? 8)
I am really liking shades of orion. All four tracks are excellent, I like track 1 "biotrip" very funky sequence stuff going on there 8).

Thats the thing with this Namlook music there is a vast range of different styles of EM, something for everyone. Only thing is I'm not so keen on some of the "dance" type stuff I've heard on i tunes. The vast majority seem to be more ambient orientated though.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:
cantosis wrote:
I am really liking shades of orion. All four tracks are excellent, I like track 1 "biotrip" very funky sequence stuff going on there 8).

Thats the thing with this Namlook music there is a vast range of different styles of EM, something for everyone. Only thing is I'm not so keen on some of the "dance" type stuff I've heard on i tunes. The vast majority seem to be more ambient orientated though.
I do like the up tempo stuff, Fax seem to have some of the best up tempo electronic music I have heard.

I like the more weirder stuff like New Oragnic Life as well. damn I just like Fax 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Is Biotrap track 1? I have it as track 4. Oh well that will teach me :roll: :shock: 8) :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:
cantosis wrote:

If you prefer the ambient stuff check out the Broadway stuff with Tetsu Inoue. I have some of it and I really like it.