FAX recommendations

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:gone a bit quiet on the FAX front, perhaps Pete is in the greenhouse?
think there will be some news in the next week, maybe stranger III

looks like September is going to be the next release date if you look in the forum.
24db

Post by 24db »

Surround sound remixes from Pete Namlook.

Ok...well firstly they are in DTS format, so not everyone can play them (myself included)...reports are very good, 'if' you have the right equipment I hear. Pete does a completely different mix (well...he would, wouldn't he? :)). Not many fans of TD seem to listen to Pete or the Fax label (or at least not the small minority that post on forums) and the number of Namlook fans that listen to the DTS mixes is even smaller.

As for value for money...'Don't like it, don't buy it'
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Surround sound remixes from Pete Namlook.

Ok...well firstly they are in DTS format, so not everyone can play them (myself included)...reports are very good, 'if' you have the right equipment I hear. Pete does a completely different mix (well...he would, wouldn't he? :)). Not many fans of TD seem to listen to Pete or the Fax label (or at least not the small minority that post on forums) and the number of Namlook fans that listen to the DTS mixes is even smaller.

It is a shame that Pete is so stubbon when it comes to DTS. I have seen very few fans in favour of these releases(well the ones that post anyway). I guess financally it must make sense for him or he would scrap doing it.

I dont think it will ever be widely used by listeners but Pete seems to think if you listen to FAX in stereo your not getting the full FAX experience.

I wish I knew someone who had DTS so I could take one of these unused CDs round to listen.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:Surround sound remixes from Pete Namlook.

It is a shame that Pete is so stubbon when it comes to DTS. I have seen very few fans in favour of these releases(well the ones that post anyway). I guess financally it must make sense for him or he would scrap doing it.

I dont think it will ever be widely used by listeners but Pete seems to think if you listen to FAX in stereo your not getting the full FAX experience.

I wish I knew someone who had DTS so I could take one of these unused CDs round to listen.
Drop me a line Matt. I would love to hear one of these on my system.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

not long to go then for the next FAX albums...it's going to be an expensive month
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:not long to go then for the next FAX albums...it's going to be an expensive month

anything recommendable for me to try from these new releases?
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:not long to go then for the next FAX albums...it's going to be an expensive month

anything recommendable for me to try from these new releases?
haven't started vigilling mate
24db

Post by 24db »

Now playing: Stranger I, track one...frankly you need this pronto
24db

Post by 24db »

Now playing: Move D & Namlook- the Evolution of AW 057
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:Now playing: Move D & Namlook- the Evolution of AW 057
I think thats a good album for any "newbie" to get. Any idea why this was released on AW rather then FAX
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
I think thats a good album for any "newbie" to get. Any idea why this was released on AW rather then FAX
AW is 'the' FAX re-issue label mate, so as all of the music was originally released before (albeit not in remixed form) it went on the AW label
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
AW is 'the' FAX re-issue label mate, so as all of the music was originally released before (albeit not in remixed form) it went on the AW label
oh ok, didnt really know that. the albums that get re-released on AW are they any different I mean in perticuler Dreamfish and Fires Of Ork? I have the AW dreamfish as the FAX one is impossible to get, is it the same except for the awful cover?
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote: I think thats a good album for any "newbie" to get. Any idea why this was released on AW rather then FAX
oh ok, didnt really know that. the albums that get re-released on AW are they any different I mean in perticuler Dreamfish and Fires Of Ork? I have the AW dreamfish as the FAX one is impossible to get, is it the same except for the awful cover?
As far as I know Matt, no...they're nearly as good, bar a couple of recent ones that have been remastered.
I also have the UK issue of DF and it seems the same to me
24db

Post by 24db »

the new CD will be: PK 08/190 Namlook - Permutations
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:the new CD will be: PK 08/190 Namlook - Permutations
cool,did he tell you that in email? I didnt get the usual email about new releases.