Paul Haslinger in the studio

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Paul Haslinger in the studio

Post by Jon »

Here are some recent pictures of Paul Haslinger at the scoring stage, recording his score for the film Death Race.

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/150/
jacob

Post by jacob »

Thanks for link... don't understand why he and Chris wants to bother with lame orchestras. It's a big turn-off for me, those bomabastic orchestras. They are way better off with a few keyboards.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

I'm parapraphing from memory

Chris Franke " Electronic music soundtracks are somehow plastic music, you can do them as well as you can, but there is still a plastic TV feel to it. The fresh air came in when I used the orchestra'
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote:I'm parapraphing from memory

Chris Franke " Electronic music soundtracks are somehow plastic music, you can do them as well as you can, but there is still a plastic TV feel to it. The fresh air came in when I used the orchestra'
Good for him. I like plastic music. There's much more soul in one person interacting with a computer than 100 people playing a piece directly from the sheet, from 9-5 every day.

Back on topic, I do like some of Haslinger's soundstracks, though. Those with a rock/electronica edge are quite good.
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:

Good for him. I like plastic music. There's much more soul in one person interacting with a computer than 100 people playing a piece directly from the sheet, from 9-5 every day.

Back on topic, I do like some of Haslinger's soundstracks, though. Those with a rock/electronica edge are quite good.
there's no soul in Chris's music these days...only dollars. Good luck to him I say, enjoy the money
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
jacob wrote:

there's no soul in Chris's music these days...only dollars. Good luck to him I say, enjoy the money

I am a big fan of his solo stuff even the B5 soundtracks but they are wearing thin now, its a shame that he concentrates mainly on this stuff as he is a great talant
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
jacob wrote: Good for him. I like plastic music. There's much more soul in one person interacting with a computer than 100 people playing a piece directly from the sheet, from 9-5 every day.

I am a big fan of his solo stuff even the B5 soundtracks but they are wearing thin now, its a shame that he concentrates mainly on this stuff as he is a great talant

I know 'some' people love Chris's stuff....but what can be the real artistic reasons behind scoring Big Brother (USA) and Super Nanny? ;)
jacob

Post by jacob »

24db wrote: what can be the real artistic reasons behind scoring Big Brother (USA) and Super Nanny? ;)
I guess this means that he's responsible for this music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arx6eSu7uZM :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

nice to see that Chris has found the 'cutting edge' again ;). No sorry, it's far too easy to take the P*** out of stuff like this. He's a talented bloke, and I'm sure he approaches every episode of whatever in the same professional way. Whatever my opinion of the music, he's earning a good living out of it. BUT the audio interview I have with him from when he started in Hollywood is sounding emptier by the day...sorry Chris, but that's how it is, and it's a million miles 'beyond' ironic that one of the reason's why he left TD was they were doing too much Hollywood soundtrack stuff.

I have slightly more respect for Paul's music...but only...slightly.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote: there's no soul in Chris's music these days...only dollars. Good luck to him I say, enjoy the money

I know 'some' people love Chris's stuff....but what can be the real artistic reasons behind scoring Big Brother (USA) and Super Nanny? ;)

does he really do the music to them, I never knew that :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Back on track, I have not heard much Haslinger solo stuff only because I am not a massive fan of his TD period Underwater Sunlight apart. I do like his music on the Girl Next Door soundtrack even though its a complete rip of risky business. might check him out sometime if I can be bothered.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:Back on track, I have not heard much Haslinger solo stuff only because I am not a massive fan of his TD period Underwater Sunlight apart. I do like his music on the Girl Next Door soundtrack even though its a complete rip of risky business. might check him out sometime if I can be bothered.

Try 'Future Primative' or World without Rules' true PH Solo CDs and very good IMO :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

jacob wrote:Thanks for link... don't understand why he and Chris wants to bother with lame orchestras. It's a big turn-off for me, those bomabastic orchestras. They are way better off with a few keyboards.
Agreed.
Jon

Post by Jon »

So that explains the extensive use of orchestra in Franke's film music.