Beer

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:Spitfire has to be my favourite, but Marstons' is good as well (my dad was related to this brewing empire, so I guess I have a slightly sentimental reason to drink it)
I purchased a couple of crates of Spitfire while in France. It really is a great pint and my session ale of choice.
They're all my friends really: Pedigree, Spitfire, London Pride, Black Sheep - these are my regulars....
But my favourite is still Timothy Taylor 'Landlord'... especially in the summer with that lovely fruity, hoppy taste.
And for sentimental reasons, Old Speckled Hen - I grew up in the shadow of the Morland Brewery, and my Grandfather worked for the MG car company. Mmmmm.... the smell of the malt and hops in the morning on my way to school. Happy days :D
Landlord is a new one to me, but OSH was an old favourite of mine. Unfortunately, I had to give it up, as it had some rather antisocial side effects!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I'm quite catholic in my tastes for beer - as long as it has plenty of alcohol in it I don't mind :lol:

I do like Theakstons Old Peculiar though - well, I'm now judged as ancient by my son and my wife thinks I have peculiar music tastes, so I supposw it goes....
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

DSJR wrote:I'm quite catholic in my tastes for beer - as long as it has plenty of alcohol in it I don't mind :lol:

I do like Theakstons Old Peculiar though - well, I'm now judged as ancient by my son and my wife thinks I have peculiar music tastes, so I supposw it goes....

I was very partial to Theakstons Old Peculiar for a while.... it's quite a strong beer with a very unusual flavour, indeed.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
DSJR wrote:I'm quite catholic in my tastes for beer - as long as it has plenty of alcohol in it I don't mind :lol:

I was very partial to Theakstons Old Peculiar for a while.... it's quite a strong beer with a very unusual flavour, indeed.
Not "proper" beer in this thread's sense, but I used to love Michelob until they started brewing it here in the UK. The taste went out of the window and I gave up on it...

These days, I don't have any drinking pals locally, so I just enjoy a Cobra with a curry once or twice a week - and this coming from a once quite heavy drinker - I just can't take it like I used to - .............
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:What was the Welsh Ale called Mick :?:
In the articles I read, it wasn't named, only described. I'll do some more digging and see what I can unearth.
This is interesting! Would love to know more.

Re. chilled beer - I get really bad headaches if it is too cold. I don't like it really warm, but not too cold either...

I know what you mean about Kilkenny Colin! It did terrible things to my lavatory last time I had a session. :shock:
Here's another theory on the Welsh origins of Guinness.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news ... _page.html
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

You have educated me there Mick,this will be future conversation for me down the club NO doubt :D :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:You have educated me there Mick,this will be future conversation for me down the club NO doubt :D :wink:
Whilst on the subject of Guinness, check this out!

http://xo.typepad.com/blog/2006/10/guinness_red.html
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:

I love Old Peculiar but apparently I start talking complete b*ll*cks after drinking a couple. I have this on good authority from several of my mates. :oops:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

I love Old Peculiar but apparently I start talking complete b*ll*cks after drinking a couple. I have this on good authority from several of my mates. :oops:
According to my mates, I'm like that before I start drinking!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:You have educated me there Mick,this will be future conversation for me down the club NO doubt :D :wink:
Whilst on the subject of Guinness, check this out!

http://xo.typepad.com/blog/2006/10/guinness_red.html
TD delete this spam now!!!.

This is just p*rn for beer drinkers. :wink:

PS Did you know if you type in p*rn the forum converts it to none.
Birdnest

Post by Birdnest »

Cheers on bring this topic back - one dear to my heart!

Most of what I see is English beers .... we can't forget those German samples too!!! I generally don't like French or Japanese beers - too acidic, too many bubbles (that would only include those available from the import beer store).

How 'bout the hugely varied American beers?? Any of you folks across the pond had a chance to sample any?
... this of course does not include Coors brands, Miller brands, Anheuser Busch brands - these are not legally beer (canoe s$x).

What I'm speaking of is "Micro Brews" ... the town brewery as it is. Lots of offerings from sweet and mild to completely flammable.

the Northwest US is littered with these small brewerys

our local brewery: [url]http:www.bitterrootbrewing.com[/url]

their IPA (5.8%) and Winter (7.5%) are quite good.
Reality is an opinion
Birdnest

Post by Birdnest »

the proper link (sigh, I need a beer)

http://www.bitterrootbrewing.com
Reality is an opinion
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Birdnest wrote:Cheers on bring this topic back - one dear to my heart!

Most of what I see is English beers .... we can't forget those German samples too!!! I generally don't like French or Japanese beers - too acidic, too many bubbles (that would only include those available from the import beer store).

How 'bout the hugely varied American beers?? Any of you folks across the pond had a chance to sample any?
... this of course does not include Coors brands, Miller brands, Anheuser Busch brands - these are not legally beer (canoe s$x).

What I'm speaking of is "Micro Brews" ... the town brewery as it is. Lots of offerings from sweet and mild to completely flammable.

I haven't found anywhere yet, but would be very interested to try some...
There's a lovely pub in the Lake District (The Mason's Arms) which has several hundred bottled beers on its menus, from all over the world. It's bound to have some, and next time I'm up there I will attempt to drop in and sample some.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Birdnest wrote:Cheers on bring this topic back - one dear to my heart!

Never seen anything like that in the U.K. Tom. To be honest, the U.S. is not the first country you would associate with brewing ale and distributors may have been put off from importing for this very reason.
batman

Post by batman »

Boys,
One question: Beer or Wine :?:
And why......
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754