Coventry Catherdral DVD

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

My DVD had just popped through the door.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
sparrow wrote:I know this is off topic but where is everybody it's been dead here for two days now :cry:
We've all been here John, but there were problems with log-ins. Admin. have assured us this is now rectified.
I was a little concerned myself. Fearing the worst I suspected the F word, that is a Flame-war, but there's no sign elsewhere. I hope everyone can make it back in soon, it's been awefully quiet.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:My DVD had just popped through the door.
Not Ron Jeremy rides again(Volume 65) Tim :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
sparrow wrote:I know this is off topic but where is everybody it's been dead here for two days now :cry:
We've all been here John, but there were problems with log-ins. Admin. have assured us this is now rectified.
he fibbed ;)
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
Damn, found out at last !

No the Coventry DVD, will scan it later to see if it's better than the one weve got !
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Damn, found out at last !

No the Coventry DVD, will scan it later to see if it's better than the one weve got !
Don't know what your copy is like Tim, but I've no complaints about the picture quality on this release.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Echosnare wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Echosnare wrote: Having seen you "in the flesh" to coin a phrase, I'd say Attends Super Plus 10L would just about do the trick, Colin!

Do they come with the "Ages" cover printed on them?
Yes, and when Colin wee's in it, Edgars face turns blue.... :wink:
er? ;)

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:shock: :shock: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
Hobo wrote: Do they come with the "Ages" cover printed on them?
Yes, and when Colin wee's in it, Edgars face turns blue.... :wink:
er? ;)

EXACTLY!
24db

Post by 24db »

Btw, re the Coventry Cathedral DVD I'd just like to add that it looks good, even on a large TV, so the quality is far better than anything I've seen so far. Still too expensive though, but hey, there you go.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Ordered it off the Voiceprint sight and forgot I have already ordered it from C&D & already shipped --- :twisted: ahhhhhhh
David Fox
24db

Post by 24db »

akaihead wrote:Ordered it off the Voiceprint sight and forgot I have already ordered it from C&D & already shipped --- :twisted: ahhhhhhh
That's well annoying when you do that :(
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

Has anyone discussed why 'Ricochet' was overdubbed onto the Coventry Cathedral film?

If my memory serves me correctly, the reason given at the time was the original audio recording had been stolen.

I do wonder though if Virgin/TD/Tony Palmer thought that the original audio was not interesting enough for the masses, especially compared to the polyrhythmic layering of 'Ricochet' and so decided to treat the Coventry TV broadcast as a promotion for 'Ricochet'.

It's sad that some fans have bought the Coventry Cathedral DVD thinking they are going to hear the concert's original audio and sadder still that some fans actually think it's TD performing 'Ricochet' live!
24db

Post by 24db »

Peter Beasley wrote:Has anyone discussed why 'Ricochet' was overdubbed onto the Coventry Cathedral film?

If my memory serves me correctly, the reason given at the time was the original audio recording had been stolen.

I do wonder though if Virgin/TD/Tony Palmer thought that the original audio was not interesting enough for the masses, especially compared to the polyrhythmic layering of 'Ricochet' and so decided to treat the Coventry TV broadcast as a promotion for 'Ricochet'.

It's sad that some fans have bought the Coventry Cathedral DVD thinking they are going to hear the concert's original audio and sadder still that some fans actually think it's TD performing 'Ricochet' live!
Never read about the recordings being stolen Peter, the version I heard was the sound was messed up, whatever story is correct it still wouldn't help as what is on the Coventry DVD is of course just a few selected shots from the gig (many are repeated) and therefore even if you had the 'original' sound element it would have nothing to be in sync with. I was offerred the original film last year, but turned it down, after all what would you do with film that's sat in a can since 1975? (I was also offered a film of TD recording Rubycon, but sadly that was just 5 minutes long...if it was longer I would have been very tempted to make an offer).

However I have seen a small section of the film with the original audio intact (might have been on another one of Tony Palmer's programmes?)

I'm always amazed when people say they are 'shocked' or 'ripped off' when they bought the DVD and found TD weren't actually playing Ricochet at the Cathedral, it's been covered hundreds of times before..but then again most people have better things to do than post on forums ;).
Last edited by 24db on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

For me it is quite annoying to see no guitars and drums, but hearing.
The music has absolutely nothing to do with the picture. :cry:

I prefer the version which someone dubbed with the real recording from Coventry. This is not in sync either, but the music fits better with the picture.