Maroubra Bay

SydneyFC
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Maroubra Bay

Post by SydneyFC »

On Sunday night after the Sydney F.C. match I grabbed some Macca's and took my family down to Maroubra Bay. When we arrived just on twilight on a beautiful balmy evening there was a tragedy unfolding. A police helicopter was seaching for somebody lost in the bay. As you can imagine the copter close in on the shore with it's searchlight scanning over the breakers provided quite an eerie scene.

As it turns out two people were drowned in a rather strange accident. Three graffiti artists had climbed into a huge underground stormwater drain to paint a mural underground. Unfortunately as they were underground a summer storm broke and there was a huge downpour. Apparently the painters finished their work and climbed down into the lower chamber about four storeys down and as they did they were hit by a wall of water that carried them down the drain for about one and a half kilometres. At the ocean outfall two of the graffiti artists were pushed into a barred entrance and were drowned. The other artist squeezed through the bars and was rescued in the bay.

The whole saga has led to a media frenzy which has exposed a whole sub-cult of drain explorers; people who spend their leisure time exploring Sydney's huge maze of underground drains. Another past time that has been exposed is the sport of sewer surfing. Apparently when the surf is not running young guys in Maroubra climb into the ocean entrances of the drain and ride a combination of storm water coming down the drain and the surf pounding into the out fall all undergroud in a frightenly claustophobic setting. Which is as you would imagine is extremely dangerous.

Ah Maroubra Bay always surprising.
"Sydney till I Die"
har

Post by har »

:shock:

blimey, bit of a tale there SFC.

Hope to see some of your photos of this place some time, absolutely love Edgar's piece of music.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Heading up to Maroubra Bay today. Hope to get some photos probably be on a phone camera however. I will then try to get them up on the forum (don't quite know how to do this as it will be the first time).
"Sydney till I Die"
timer

Post by timer »

SydneyFC wrote:Heading up to Maroubra Bay today. Hope to get some photos probably be on a phone camera however. I will then try to get them up on the forum (don't quite know how to do this as it will be the first time).
SFc,

You need to load the pictures from your phone to the computer, then find something like Photobucket, where they can be uploaded, this then assigns a set of codes, which you can copy and paste into a posting here on the forum.
I suspect others may have different options for you .

Cheers
8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:Heading up to Maroubra Bay today. Hope to get some photos probably be on a phone camera however. I will then try to get them up on the forum (don't quite know how to do this as it will be the first time).
SFc,

You need to load the pictures from your phone to the computer, then find something like Photobucket, where they can be uploaded, this then assigns a set of codes, which you can copy and paste into a posting here on the forum.
I suspect others may have different options for you .

Cheers
8)

Thats one of the best and easiest options IMHO sfc :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Thanks for that info guys. I will try and do it tomorrow. This is the first time I have done any thing like this.
"Sydney till I Die"
timer

Post by timer »

SydneyFC wrote:Thanks for that info guys. I will try and do it tomorrow. This is the first time I have done any thing like this.
No problem always glad to help out if I can. :)