Has TD changed you as a person?

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Has TD changed you as a person?

Post by Pertou »

After I really got into TD, these signs have become very evident.

1. I have spent more time on listening than studying.
2. I have basically lost interest in investigating other new music.
3. I have become fat and lazy.
4. I am not an angry young man anymore.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

YES!

BIGTIME!

I don't know how my musical journey would have panned out without TD. I'm sure I'd discover them at some point had I not in '74.

Whatever I think of the band's output today, those early albums affected me deeply and I'm SOOOOO grateful for them! 8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Hard to tell! I am reminded of that episode of Red Dwarf, when the characters meet themselves from another time dimension, and they are all exactly the opposite from their real selves because of one small difference in their lives!

Truth is, I think TD saved me from the perils and dangers of eighties music as I grew up, and kept me open minded and independent of fads and pointless fashion statements. Sometimes, this was to my detriment, making it harder for me to integrate, but this is something I think I secretly really wanted, and something I definitely do not regret 25 years on.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Rico

Post by Rico »

Pretty much an easy question.

Among my first impressions of music, different than classical, it led me to great extent of music listening. And it stayed in the top after so much time, after so many other music listened, devoured, etc.

As a personality, it has pleased me to the level of modelating me. Not in immense sense, but towards the more refined, even "sequential" :lol: type of a person.
batman

Post by batman »

When listening for the first time 'Tangram', was 1980, changed my emotions. was a different music for me.
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
24db

Post by 24db »

All waves, whatever their frequency (seen or heard), have an effect on a mass when the pass through it, (be it subtly or not). The mass is, 'changed' in some way. So, yes TD's music has changed me, always has done, always will do. What that effect is, is debatable ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Their music has turned me into a Madman.............. :shock:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Going from the Doobie Bros. to TD was a shock to my system, but it was the best musical change I ever made. :D
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

RemoteViewing81 wrote:Going from the Doobie Bros. to TD was a shock to my system, but it was the best musical change I ever made. :D

From China Grove to Berlin aboard a long train running :wink: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

epsilon75 wrote:
RemoteViewing81 wrote:Going from the Doobie Bros. to TD was a shock to my system, but it was the best musical change I ever made. :D

From China Grove to Berlin aboard a long train running :wink: 8)
:lol:
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

The music of TD has affected me deeply and played a very large part in the choices I have made and the directions I chose as a young man. I have documented this in greater detail on the previous forum.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
redziller

Post by redziller »

Hey - that's a new question!

Without a doubt. I was getting bored with metal and listening to more classical when I 1st heard TD. I think it got my brain (that'd be me then - doh) looking for patterns that I wouldn't have otherwise sought.

Important too, it gave me something I could identify with that wasn't what the other kids were in to - similar to Stephen above I guess.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Yes most definitly It has made me more awear of music & the endless possibilities it has to offer. Increased my view & thinking on things...become more of a thinker. Increased my friendships beyond my own coastal waters. Got to see places I would have never got to. Given me an inner drive. most of all created a soundscape to my daily life.

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: :idea: Geoff
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

you need to ask :D :?:

without TangerineDream I would not exist, the past eras of my life would have meant very little, because once TD entered my life I changed as a person...I became a fan (and once that happens there is no other life for a lover of music)
...The wise.....are silent.....
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Taximan431 wrote:Yes most definitly It has made me more awear of music & the endless possibilities it has to offer. Increased my view & thinking on things...become more of a thinker. Increased my friendships beyond my own coastal waters. Got to see places I would have never got to. Given me an inner drive. most of all created a soundscape to my daily life.

:D :) 8) :!: :arrow: :idea: Geoff
You are the most devoted Tangerine Dream fan I've ever met.